Things You Think Only You Do

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a cell phone, but I don't like calling people I don't know, or getting calls from numbers I don't know. Most of the time, if I HAVE to call someone I don't know, I'll sit and stare at my phone for 20+ mins before actually calling them... I guess this is because I'm shy, but I don't really know.
I know other people do this one, but it's a fairly rare obsession nowadays... I like pens, I like trying new ones and try to find the best ones for me. I don't have the kind of money or lifestyle for fountain pens though... in fact, I hardly write at all, so even if I had the money I wouldn't be able to justify purchasing one.
Sometimes, when a thought enters my head, it doesn't leave until I do the basic goal of the thought, like... beat a game, listen to this song, buy this specific appliance, find the best quality pair of headphones you can online... weird things. And it'll just keep nagging at me until I either do it or manage to fill my head with something else long enough to forget about it.
I usually won't drink tap water because around when I turned 18 I got a couple of nasty cysts.. and I think it was from drinking water :x

Most of what Soulx and Guild McCommunist said is true for me too.

I can read well and I think I've even had dreams where I can read now and then... but when I'm trying to recall something from my short-term memory sometimes my brain applies some form of dyslexia or just arranges what I'm trying to recall to its liking. Like... Thinking of Viactiv and getting Activia instead.
I've got a more sound based memory than a visual one. Or rather, my mind prefers to think of the sounds than the visuals, it's not that it doesn't recall the visuals, but the sounds help recall things faster than the visual, and the sound triggers the visual... ANYWAY... (an example of that being how when my friends talk about something happening in a show we both watch, I first think of the opening song, then any insert songs, then it's like "oh, when/after this song played/was playing")
An extreme relation to this, if I listen to a fairly simple song on a medium-high volume (ex: pokemon music with headphones) for a while, I can take off the headphones, turn off the game, and at random points throughout the day hear the music playing even though I'm not playing it and no one else in the vicinity is either.

More often than not, I do dream, I know this only because I sometimes hump or grope at my fiancee in my sleep. A good 87% of the time I don't recall having a dream at all. The ones I do remember after waking are usually odd ones, they can be animated, fantasy, medieval... but usually it's the really weird ones I remember.
If I didn't get much sleep and you talk to me before I'm fully awake, I'm a huge asshole. After I'm fully conscious, I won't remember being a huge asshole.

Reactions: Deleted User

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
- I always go up every second step, don't know why, I've always did that, even though it makes me look like a jackass

- When calculating/typing/solving Rubik's Cube/things like that I always listen to fast paced music, it makes me do things faster.

-When I see someone that I don't like, I imagine what would be the best way to kill them :O Kind of a psychopatic thing, but that's how it is.

-I have quite a lot electronics, and I never throw the boxes away, boxes are sacred.

-I'm a bit lazy, but when I seriously get into something, I can intensively do it all day, like I've read a 600-paged book in a day, (Harry Potter 7) and stuff like that.

-Frankly, I don't like chocolate so much (Everyone loves chocolate, so that's odd)

-I can't stand if my books or games arent in alphabetical order, it came to this point, so once when I went to a friend's house I've started sorting his stuff, pretty odd.

-I love eating dry noodles form instant soups. My mum says it's unhealthy, but I do this every now and then, and i've never been sick from it.

That's all I can think off, but maybe I'll add something later.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always sleep on top of my comforter. I never use it either. It could be colder than the Alaskan Pipeline in my apartment and you'll never see me with my comforter covering me, only blankets.

I never wear shirts in my Apartment. I could have the president over and I still wouldn't wear a shirt in my apartment.

When I swim, I have to jump in. Even if the water is cold enough to shrink my balls, you'll never see me nudge my way in. It also has to be a cannon ball. I have my reputation as the human depth charge to uphold.

In video games, I always play as an assassin styled character. Meaning, if you see me it's because I fucked up, or that's the only way to detect me.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
BUMP

I attempt to cut my meats (chicken, steak, pork, etc) into perfect little square peaces before I can eat them. Not sure why, I don't particularly like squares or anything.

If I'm downloading something I really really want sometimes I'll literally just stare at the progress bar for awhile, like if I don't the download will stop >.> I'll usually have a movie or something playing as well, but my focus always tends to shift towards the download. Speaking of which...

Reactions: 1 person

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I stop for a traffick light I always shift from 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st gear.

I have no idea why but I always do that.
I know this post is over two months old but somebody bumped this thread so I have no shame.
Just wanted to say that I actually know a lot of people that do that, I don't drive stick so I can't do it but i do pump the brakes at red lights for no apparent reason.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eating the full peanut, shell and all.

Disposing of the shell is like cutting out all the chocolate in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Things only I do..?

Well, in Coventry, 'think' seems the obvious answer.

Seriously though, I have a few wierd things only I seem to do.

- I played so much Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid I now tap my foot when I'm getting impatient, and if I'm running at full speed, my arms sweep behind my back.

- I've replaced my pillows with a giant cuddly chocobo head.

- I painted my Warhammer 40K Tau army amethyst purple because amethyst is the birth stone of someone precious to me.

- When I win a fight (which seems to be happening with alarming regularity...) I taunt my fallen foe with a Bond style smart-arse comment. Usually it's 'That little voice in your head that said you could win? Yeah, it was lying.'

- I won't eat potatoes under any circumstances. Everyone considers them a staple of modern food, I can't bloody stand the things. Not even as chips. McDonalds fries are an extremely rare exception. Basically they bore me to tears. As far as I'm concerned, if a food tastes of nothing, what's the fucking point of eating it? At best potatoes taste of carpet fluff. Gimme a feckin' big steak any day.

- If I'm bored of a conversation, I'll interrupt with a word that's hardly ever spoken, like 'Llama' or 'Fishcake'. I just love the look of confusion on people's faces when a dull conversation is totally derailed by one random word. In my group, 'Llama' has basically become a by-word for 'shut the fuck up, you're boring the tits off me.'

I have more, 'cause I'm pretty wrong in the head, but let's leave it at that for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P