• Start date
  • Views 5,155
  • Replies 68

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought you meant Euro as in the currency, not Euro as in "European", and I thought, "why would he want a €6 junkie if money is no object? Kinky."

LOL. The junkie part isn't really desirable, but from my limited understanding of European supermodel jetset professional partying culture, it's more or less part of the package.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, what you want now but can't afford is the new SD2SNES Pro.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought the Sony MDR-Z1R and the NW-WM1A Walkman last summer. That was a major hit to the wallet just for tunes, but I expect to get at least 10 years out of them. It''s an excellent combo ... not the $55k Orpheus of course, but still quite excellent.

4j4kCe2.jpg
Nice coincidence, I' ve just tested this headphones yesterday for the first time. Of course they are not the Orpheus, but they are really, really good for their price. The problem is that I just have way too much headphones. :D
Take care of them. I think that you'll be able to enjoy them way more then 10 years then.

Last edited by Naendow,
Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice coincidence, I' ve just tested this headphones yesterday for the first time. Of course they are not the Orpheus, but they are really, really good for their price. The problem is that I just have way too much headphones. :D
Take care of them. I think that you'll be able to enjoy them way more then 10 years then.

I got really lucky too ... bought them in Tokyo last summer while on-sale at Bic Camera. Exchange rate helped some too. $2300 for that whole bundle in the photo. You can't really buy Sony high-end in the USA at a discount unless you go gray market, so here it would've been $3500+ for all that stuff. (Sony USA's Z1R price is now $1999, but last year it was still $2299.)

The 10 years is more an estimate for the Walkman than the headphone. I got 12 years out of my last portable (1st gen Zune). The WM1A is such an upgrade, it's like leaping from sundial to atomic clock.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely.. In Canada and in America -- expensive.. tax property every years.. Oh my gosh! In Europe's IVA (tax) property every year is very cheaper. Why America and Canada are so expensive ? Government debt owe perhaps ? Strange in America/Canada.
A lot of people go into debt just for having a house. Thing is it's a nice thing, but it's still a commodity imo

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely.. In Canada and in America -- expensive.. tax property every years.. Oh my gosh! In Europe's IVA (tax) property every year is very cheaper. Why America and Canada are so expensive ? Government debt owe perhaps ? Strange in America/Canada.
A lot of people go into debt just for having a house. Thing is it's a nice thing, but it's still a commodity imo
edit: meant to reply to a post about wanting a house dunno what happened here

Last edited by Mythical,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
edit: meant to reply to a post about wanting a house dunno what happened here
Its the only way to get a somewhat reliable compound interest rate on anything they've worked towards for most people of your/our generation. Of course thats eaten up by financing it through a long term credit line.

Your parents got compound interest rate on anything they touched for free. And then when they've gotten their assets, they've got free refinancing on their creditlines, until interest rates on savings were at 0% for the average person.

So when you are finished arguing yourself into a position where you shouldnt be able to afford anything as a millennial, not even to save up money in general, lets have this argument again.

What I want is some of the perspective and inbuilt growth potential my parents economy had. I get none of it. For the sake of future generations. And the party of Davos.

All the affordable status symbols that could distract me from it and all distractive pleasures (like cheap chinese electronics, sold to me by every company that grew significantly in the past 20 years) I might enjoy in the meantime, dont help me to ignore that simple truth.

I want that. I am told I cant afford it.

Also I think that the 'green economy' is a joke, and that 'more easy with AI' is a perspective, no one has any idea about how it will impact society - but everyone is supposed to be very excited about.

Do you think the guy above is more happy, because he's got his 15th pair of good headphones? I don't. Keep consuming on the spot though millennials. You are keeping the economy afloat by spending all your money, before it becomes worth less.

Last edited by notimp,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the only way to get a somewhat reliable compound interest rate on anything they've worked towards for most people of your/our generation. Of course thats eaten up by financing it through a long term credit line.

Your parents got compound interest rate on anything they touched for free. And then when they've gotten their assets, they've got free refinancing on their creditlines, until interest rates on savings were at 0% for the average person.

So when you are finished arguing yourself into a position where you shouldnt be able to afford anything as a millennial, not even to save up money in general, lets have this argument again.

What I want is some of the perspective and inbuilt growth potential my parents economy had. I get none of it. For the sake of future generations. And the party of Davos.

All the affordable status symbols that could distract me from it and all distractive pleasures (like cheap chinese electronics, sold to me by every company that grew significantly in the past 20 years) I might enjoy in the meantime, dont help me to ignore that simple truth.

I want that. I am told I cant afford it.

Also I think that the 'green economy' is a joke, and that 'more easy with AI' is a perspective, no one has any idea about how it will impact society - but everyone is supposed to be very excited about.

Do you think the guy above is more happy, because he's got his 15th pair of good headphones? I don't. Keep consuming on the spot though millennials. You are keeping the economy afloat by spending all your money, before it becomes worth less.
It's not that I couldn't achieve having a house. It's I don't see the need to own a house. I can think of a handful of reason as to not want to own a house

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Then its different.

For most people their house is an asset they can draw value (free rent) out of, while it usually grows in worth over time. If the economy in your region isn't faltering, or you chose to support a financial sector thats speculation based to be able to deal with financing peoples hopes and dreams, like the one that lead to the last financial crisis.

If you've already got capital (and I don't mean, the ability to get a credit line necessarily), its different.

Then you can freely choose not to go in that direction.

The thing is, most people in this generation dont chose freely. So I'm against selling them the idea, that they arent giving anything up by not having the choice or option.

They've lost everything that made capitalism bearable. The idea, that if they work hard, they could lead better lives eventually.

That got broken. Now people look into different venues to achieve that dream. Like selling their lives to whoever gives them more money to act as an influencer. That stuff still works.

Thats the dream of your children growing up. (I will become popular youtuber, then sell out. I will become american idol, then sell people questionable products the "goop" way (modern lifestyle brand).) Look, everyones is happy on insta. ;) Look at the guy that got a great deal on his 3000 USD headphones. (Production costs: 70 USD at most. Innovation cost: close to none. Not a growing market anymore. Very artisan though. :) I've also bought my first pair of good headphoens recently. Sennheiser, producing them in germany, had to ship them to the US so I could reimport them to germany from a mass shipping business, at half the price they sell their product line in stores here for. I didn't think of it as a great deal.)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...