Hacking Think it will be possible to update wads for gamepad?

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone think it'll be possible to update installed wads when we get the update that allows VC to be played off of the gamepad in the Spring/Summer? Or do you think they won't be allowed because they weren't 'purchased' and there'll be something that detects that sort of thing. I mean it makes it look as if we really do own the games but will them not being real purchases have it so we can't find a way around it.

The update alone makes it worth it to buy any favorites anyways but wanted some opinions anyways. :)

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
You definitely won't be able to upgrade vWii VC wads to Wii U VC via the official means.

Just like the Wii -> vWii transfer, the purchase option will be tied to your Wii Shop account.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
As far as ONE DAY when the Wii U mode is hacked ... the best we can do is place bets on whether VC (as well as other titles you get installed on your Wii U) actually use a WAD format or not. because almost nobody knows at this point. Those few who do know either have purchased a dev kit from Nintendo or are part of Fail0verflow. Even then, if it's anything like VC on a Wii it's basically just a ROM packed with an emulator. The Wii emulators can't use the GamePad so "updating" them is basically the same as injecting a new ROM into the new Wii U mode VC.

On the other hand, if you're hoping that VC can be modified to be able to use the GamePad FROM vWII MODE ... probably not. Most people theorize that the gamepad is physically inaccessible to software while in vWii mode so if that's so it's not gonna happen. (but we'll still never know for sure until some time AFTER Wii U mode is hacked.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe