Hacking Discussion this is why nintendo will not issue massive bans

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is making profit out of the online service fee.
They are smart enough to not have to deal with the refund process of users who get banned.
they may jack up the price for online plans at a certain point.
even though the modding community is just a small percent of the whole switch consumers, per console multiplied by 20$ a year adds up.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: don_luca

Revard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They ban your eshop account and you can't get your money back (online service and games I think).
But you could just create a second eshop account to pay again :D

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and fighting that in court is a one sided battle and you're on the losing side your in the US so the DMCA states you cannot circumvent security of any console just be lucky nintendo is lienent and just bans you they could have you thrown in fed prison for 15-20 years if they really wanted to

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They ban your eshop account and you can't get your money back (online service and games I think).
But you could just create a second eshop account to pay again :D
no you cant cause you need to be on nintendo's servers to deauth the console and unlink your account but you cant because your account is banned so your stuck with it, easy thing you can do buy a 2nd switch tablet (I saw one for $180 on ebay (tablet only)

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: Ra1d

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To them, a hacker is a potential cheater. Its more realistic to just ban them and not take that risk rather than only restrict certain access and then move down the chain of bans depending on what you do afterwards.

Reactions: Albytrozz

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has more of a profit motive to disincentivize game-piracy than to continue collecting money from CFW users and/or pirates who pay for the online service, and that doesn't even get into the profit motive involved in disincentivizing the CFW mechanisms that can potentially lead to online cheating.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I think Nintendo doesn't care about card games at all! The coins you get after purchasing BOTW game card are the third of what you get online. So once people start touching eShop titles, then the war begins!

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't expect a refund. You will loose whatever you bought. Never use your main account on a modded system.

D

Deleted User

could have you thrown in fed prison for 15-20 years if they really wanted to
If I remember correctly, the EFF works really hard to keep console, phone, and other smart-device tampering legal for the consumer. The only issue I could think of would be if the user is caught using warez to an obscene amount. They just went to court to defend this or something very similar a month or two ago, actually. That said, I still agree with what you're saying, and I do agree that Nintendo could try and come after them, but I do think it wouldnt be as easy with these consumer protections in place.

Reactions: Chino

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Wow, all of these points are completely made up, nonsensical and bordering on garbage, but your DELIVERY sold me man.
You are so cocksure of things you have absolutely no facts for, that i think the next step HAS to be the presidency of the United States.
You may just become the worlds second most successful moron.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is making profit out of the online service fee.
They are smart enough to not have to deal with the refund process of users who get banned.
they may jack up the price for online plans at a certain point.
even though the modding community is just a small percent of the whole switch consumers, per console multiplied by 20$ a year adds up.

just my 2 cents.
This makes zero sense and is not true.
They have to ban people from their online service to prevent cheaters

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D