Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mixed feelings on TikTok, but I ultimately respect it as a platform. I do not enjoy it myself; I finished a game of League before posting this, as video games are the superior time waster.

Reactions: zfreeman

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
The idea of having a platform where you constantly watch 30-1 minute shows is a terrible idea not only for the user but for also social media as a whole.

If you spend too much time on it, you might aswell kiss goodbye to watching documentaries about stuff becsuse that's what they want you to not do. For some strange reason, almost every kid at my school has Tiktok and I can finally see why they be listening to rap music and all of the same kinds of music over and over rsgsin...

Don't forget those challenges, either. Those challenges sre literally just... Hell. I don't even know how to explain them right in my thoughts to even say something bad about it. All I've been hearing is bad stuff about them.

YeOldBarney

Newcomer
Trophies
Boy you turn me inside out; 'round and round!
Website
doyouliveinthe.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I am one of those people who has never downloaded tiktok. I guess I don't see the appeal. I guess it's a good way to mindlessly waste time while watching random 5 seconds videos?

What do you guys think? Am I an old geezer now? Do you guys like tiktok?

I would rather play a video game.
I can relate to this. I have a brother who is constantly just lying in bed all day on TikTok and Snapchat. Kind of scares me, ngl. Technology is becoming addicting.

Reactions: SylverReZ

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
I've seen alot of Elsagate content by looking over a kids shoulder while they played on it.....

So yea delete that shit

Never thought to hear that word again. And honestly, I'm not surprised thy they're showing that on that platform. I thought that YouTube was the primary platform for for showing that content, but I guess I'm wrong.

I can relate to this. I have a brother who is constantly just lying in bed all day on TikTok and Snapchat. Kind of scares me, ngl. Technology is becoming addicting.

You should get him to be into other things than that. Heal his life before he turns into the common meta people. Tiktok and Snapchat are literally two of one of the worst sites to be on imo cause those are the two exact things typical students use and theyre brains are mad rotted.

YeOldBarney

Newcomer
Trophies
Boy you turn me inside out; 'round and round!
Website
doyouliveinthe.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should get him to be into other things than that. Heal his life before he turns into the common meta people. Tiktok and Snapchat are literally two of one of the worst sites to be on imo cause those are the two exact things typical students use and theyre brains are mad rotted.
Well, I can't say much since I'm addicted to my laptop, but at least I do things productive on it like work on my website, work on my GitHub projects, etc.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Well, I can't say much since I'm addicted to my laptop, but at least I do things productive on it like work on my website, work on my GitHub projects, etc.

That's a lot better than just socializing on those two! Working on github projects is even better than doing that.

Personally, im a guy that is also addicted to my laptop and some popular 2d Minecraft game, but I have Boy Scouts, and loves to look at topics in technology history, Oceanography, how animals are and behave, etc.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I once deleted TikTok off my cousin's tablet, and he got me into trouble. I didn't know doing him a favor is bad.
Your cousin fell into the deep dark rabbit hole where he is constantly manipulated by social media - narcissism, cringe and even committing crimes that god wouldn't approve of.

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen alot of Elsagate content by looking over a kids shoulder while they played on it.....

So yea delete that shit
They do not exist anymore. YouTube has already taken thorough measures to make sure that these sketchy videos don't slip through the cracks, and so far, some of the other content that I have seen are even worse, YouTube haven't taken those down. All the Gen Alpha kids growing up don't want to grow up with an education, instead, they want to stick to their Skibidi Toilet and Cocomelon. Its really sad, and I wish there was better parenting for the most part.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the worst. Filled with nothing but Karens crying about how they got fired for refusing to abide by their workplace dress codes and Gen Y/Z'ers "breaking the internet" with dumb fuck videos about how they discovered a completely non-existent "Hidden feature of paper towel holders!!!!" with 5 million views from equally as dumb people.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's spyware and i wish vine was still around, scratch that actually, the dent this current generation and streamers like speed and kai cenat would have on it's legacy would be irreversable

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that some people see it as an app where stupid people make mundane, correction shit content. Remember when Trump tried to get rid of TikTok? Maybe he should have.... Also I feel like TikTok was the catalyst for that stupid aspect ratio that Youtube Shorts uses like why are you using a 9:16 ratio on a 16:9 video? YES PEOPLE DO THAT ON YOUTUBE AND ITS STUPID!!!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Also I feel like TikTok was the catalyst for that stupid aspect ratio that Youtube Shorts uses like why are you using a 9:16 ratio on a 16:9 video? YES PEOPLE DO THAT ON YOUTUBE AND ITS STUPID!!!
The content is filmed on a phone to be viewed on a phone and sadly phones have a vertical orientation.

Smartphones were a mistake.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The content is filmed on a phone to be viewed on a phone and sadly phones have a vertical orientation.

Smartphones were a mistake.
They also have a horizontal orientation so no.
Post automatically merged:

They do not exist anymore. YouTube has already taken thorough measures to make sure that these sketchy videos don't slip through the cracks, and so far, some of the other content that I have seen are even worse, YouTube haven't taken those down. All the Gen Alpha kids growing up don't want to grow up with an education, instead, they want to stick to their Skibidi Toilet and Cocomelon. Its really sad, and I wish there was better parenting for the most part.
I blame certain Youtubers/Streamers not setting a good example but hey what can you do? We live in a world where people will do anything for money even if it means corrupting others, all for a sake of profit. Corporations aren't the only ones that doing this shit.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it