• I am literally on tiktok right now

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, you definitely should try to download the TikTok application. In my opinion, this is an excellent application, especially if you want to promote your services/or product.
1669424504217.png

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't like tiktok, but I'm not in their target demographic.

As for it's impact on society, I see it as negative, but I believe that people overestimate a lot on that. It is not exactally this app that is making people narcissist, less patient, dumb, mental ill and so on. It is the fucking internet as a whole. If tiktok never came to be, we would be facing the same problems anyway.
I've noticed the world really started dumbing down around 2005 or so, when YouTube was exploding with "look at me!" attention-whores. Then came Vine, Snapchat filters, and tik-tok, dumbing everyone down further. As useful as the internet is, it's stunted my creativity as an artist just with it's existence.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've noticed the world really started dumbing down around 2005 or so, when YouTube was exploding with "look at me!" attention-whores. Then came Vine, Snapchat filters, and tik-tok, dumbing everyone down further. As useful as the internet is, it's stunted my creativity as an artist just with it's existence.
Every region has it's own cupids. No service is relevant everywhere on earth, but everywhere we see the same problems on society, that's why I believe that the app or platform do not matter in the end.

Just as an example, when I was doing a lot of translations of wikipedia articles centuries ago, by that time I was interacting a lot with contributors there. Even on wikipedia toxicity and all of other social media junk were a thing.

Reactions: Jayro and SylverReZ

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very surprised by the results of this Poll. A massive majority of people that don't use it or have never even installed it!

It's scary how impressionable people are just through the need for internet likes and I think It's crazy what people will do for that attention honestly...

I've never downloaded it, don't even have an account, but I've seen a lot of the 'challenges' that go round and just think it's all braindead nonsense most of the time. I can imagine soon there will be a 'breathe' challenge. That is NOT a challenge :rofl:

Work friends share some funny bits from it on the group chat, but that's just it. The best bits that you will find funny will always get shared by your friends that share your humour and use the app I guess!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bot, it's a chinese bot. The whole IP range from Paradise Networks LLC is marked as fradulent via IP scores. Hell their website doesn't even work!
This alone is why no one should download Tiktok

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This alone is why no one should download Tiktok
Or for any other reason whatsoever.
Post automatically merged:

You should never download anything Chinese if you value your privacy. Taiwanese is fine but not software made in mainland china since you never know what might be baked in.
Everything made in China is spyware.

Reactions: The Catboy

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should never download anything Chinese if you value your privacy. Taiwanese is fine but not software made in mainland china since you never know what might be baked in.
Usually its to collect user data as well as a backdoor into your phone. Tik-tok being a huge one, as it has the ability to

Key log your phone and your network.
access to your phones data.
read your private smg's
DNT (Do not track) is not avalible with this shit.
Cant sue them for this shit.
and some more spooky shit.

NTM china forces the company's who are in china to fork over said data to the government

Just avoid like the plaige, its spyware in every way possible

Reactions: SylverReZ

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've never downloaded it, don't even have an account, but I've seen a lot of the 'challenges' that go round and just think it's all braindead nonsense most of the time.
Doing some of them will literally make you brain dead.
Don't OD or poison yourself for likes, kids.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's funny, all of my reasons for not wanting TikTok are kind of contradictory.

I feel like I'm too old for it, yet I'm a 30-year-old man with two kids who still plays Pokemon and has a Knuckles plush on his bed (though in my defence it took a good amount of stress on a claw machine to get him).
I feel like it would be a waste of my time but then I spend plenty of time scrolling through Twitter and, hell, here, especially derping around on EoF.
I feel like I'd never want to record a video of myself and try to join in, but then I wouldn't need to just to use the app and browse.

Honestly I think it's just that I don't like it. At worst it feels even more vapid than Instagram and at best it seems like another timesink that distracts me from stuff I really want to do. I don't want to turn my nose up at it too much because people were probably doing the same when my generation was getting into gaming and social media, but for me personally it seems like a waste of my time. But I can't deny how influential it is.

KabanFriends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
my mom watches tiktok contents sometimes, related to the group she likes. to me, the tiktok watermark that shows up on every single video is really annoying (lol)

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
my mom watches tiktok contents sometimes, related to the group she likes. to me, the tiktok watermark that shows up on every single video is really annoying (lol)
I'll watch the Facebook reels, and more than half of them are just regurgitated trash from TikTok. It's annoying af. Plus that female robot voice is just so cringe.

• Haha

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll watch the Facebook reels.
Anything that involves 'shorts' are cringe. I'd rather down my eyes in bleach than look at these mentally ill dumb brains doing stupid challenges.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, you're not alone! TikTok isn't for everyone, and that's totally fine. Some people enjoy the short and entertaining videos, while others prefer other ways to spend their time, like playing video games. It's all about personal preference, so don't worry; you're not an old geezer! 😄👍
Bot. Your def a Bot.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea true, but using a wheel and pedals for gas/brake was awesome feature back in the day.