smile.gif

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This show is pretty damn awful.
wink2.gif

I don't usually post, but I have to do this. You wouldn't know an intelligent cartoon if it bit you in the ass. This show is way too smart for its own good. And honestly, how could anyone not love Eduardo or Coco?

Unless of course that wink was meant to imply a joke, upon which I apologize.

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a great show, and yes I am extremely ashamed of myself for watching television outside my demographic

Why? You really shouldn't be. If it's entertaining, if it's fun, if it's enjoyable, then there's no shame in that. There is no rule for what tastes someone a certain age should have. I'm 23 and I'm proud to say I watch and enjoy the cartoon.

It seems to me that people more often than not mistake maturity for a lot of things that it really is not or shouldn't be. There's nothing immature about appreciating something geared for children on an adult level. You guys enjoy Kingdom Hearts, don't you? Because beyond the use of Disney characters and cartoonish graphics, it's a great game series with a compelling storyline. Did you guys like Shrek or The Incredibles or Lemony Snicket? It's the same principle. There's something there for children, but there's something there for adults too.

Growing out of things is natural, but to dismiss them is ignorance. True maturity comes through being able to reexamine the past through new eyes. You look back on events in your life and you can see where you went wrong or why you felt a certain way, and you're able to understand it better and get a firmer grip when you're faced with those challenges again. You're able to take truths that have been shown to you and apply them in meaningful and appropriate ways. You're able to understand and sympathize and relate.

If you look at something you might have enjoyed as a child and find that you're able to now get the other side of the joke, that's an adult way of looking at things. That's mature. But there's a difference between understanding the past and throwing it away. Writing things off as childish isn't a mature outlook, it's an ignorant outlook, and shows no kind of appreciation or respect.

I know I'm getting extremely philisophical for a guy who hasn't posted in months, but this is something I've had the opportunity to think a lot about and I can't resist a debate like this.

And before I vanish into the shadows again, I just want to say that I'm in no way saying that it's wrong to not like the show. I just want those who do like the show to feel comfortable about it and not feel like it's something they should be ashamed of, because that's a ridiculous way to go through life.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm 45 and I enjoy the show. What you like and what you find funny won't change in life once you drop the preconceptions of what you think others expect you to be. The show is well written and very imaginative. Personally I enjoy this show much more than I do South Park which is supposed to be mature and cutting edge. I find it stale.

To each his own. The game is simple and has some of the same sense of humor as the show. I think kids will like this as well as adults if they are into the show.

Gimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Great show, I don't even know why it's on cartoon network, it's too smart for kids.
but the game I think is more toward kids audiance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?