• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Today, America gets changed forever

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zyenet said:
granville said:
Zyenet said:
"Tomorrow, America gets changed forever..."

Yeah, for the worse. His name should be Barack Obamanation
Please keep the partisan crap out of here. Give anyone a chance before you condemn them.

He's got some of the most stupid ideas I've heard yet. More taxing on the wealthy, but less on the poor?
wacko.gif
That's going to make everyone poor, because obviously the poor can't manage money as it is. Give them money, and they'll waste it.
lecture.gif

I don't hate him as a person, just as a politician.
Dude you are a freaking idiot, even though I don't give a danm about politician or about Obama, how the hell, do you know they can't manage money, are you one of them, genius tell me how the rich get richer by cheating, and stepping on people's necks, I pretty sure you are one of those people, who don't know shit about the world nor had to work for anything you own, so quit spreading nonsense,and do some research.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nothing will change. So far I see 5+ pages of the same old same old ignorance from both pro- and anti- Obama groups here in the U.S.A. and from around the world (especially Canada, Britain and Belgium). Keep the replies coming though, they are equally frightening and laughable.

My answer to the OP: No, I won't be watching.

U-said-it

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with all the hard data in the world, there is no accurate way to predict the way the country will go given the current financial crisis. There is an element of chaos after all...

"I" do believe that we'll be stuck in Iraq for a while longer, and even if Obama's campaign can lead to a total withdrawal, these things take time.

The current state of the economy was decided before he even took the victory, so you really can't blame Obama for not being able to turn around a beast as large as the US stock market. Once the leader in the world economy, now borrowing billion from China thanks to gold 'ol boy George W. Bush and his dear republican constituents.

In other words the Obama cabinet has inherited quite a mess, and nobody would be able to turn it around over night. So, I think anyone who calls themselves a concerned citizen needs to do their part in helping turn our country around. It's your country, and things don't change on their own, they stagnate and wither.

--One humble opinion.

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
U-said-it said:
Even with all the hard data in the world, there is no accurate way to predict the way the country will go given the current financial crisis. There is an element of chaos after all...

"I" do believe that we'll be stuck in Iraq for a while longer, and even if Obama's campaign can lead to a total withdrawal, these things take time.

The current state of the economy was decided before he even took the victory, so you really can't blame Obama for not being able to turn around a beast as large as the US stock market. Once the leader in the world economy, now borrowing billion from China thanks to gold 'ol boy George W. Bush and his dear republican constituents.

In other words the Obama cabinet has inherited quite a mess, and nobody would be able to turn it around over night. So, I think anyone who calls themselves a concerned citizen needs to do their part in helping turn our country around. It's your country, and things don't change on their own, they stagnate and wither.

--One humble opinion.

Agreed. Americans need to put their part as well if they ever want to have a better life here in america. Obama is one man. If you have time to talk about how u like him or how you hate him then why don't you go and use that time instead to do something more meaningful. One man can't change a country. He is no god he is no super human. He is like one of us. forget the color. his backgrounds. He is just one human. You can't possibly think he is going to bring change, yet alone. We also need to put in our part. and do what is best for this country. not just sit back and talk about how its getting worse every single day. That solves nothing.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense to NObama lovers, but this is really nothing to make a big deal of.

So what, a black guy got in. Look at America's culture. No shit he got in.

African Americans are by far, outgrowing normal Caucasian people.

This won't really be enjoyment for me. He will soon be assassinated. I mean, look what almost happened already, those white-nazi or whatever, guys were going to shoot him and then kill themselves afterwards. But some idiot reported them for it and they never got their deed done.

You don't think someone else will follow in the footsteps? I don't know anymore.

I'm not saying I hope it happens, but I just hope he does a good job and helps us Americans out.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
No offense to NObama lovers, but this is really nothing to make a big deal of.

So what, a black guy got in. Look at America's culture. No shit he got in.

African Americans are by far, outgrowing normal Caucasian people.

This won't really be enjoyment for me. He will soon be assassinated. I mean, look what almost happened already, those white-nazi or whatever, guys were going to shoot him and then kill themselves afterwards. But some idiot reported them for it and they never got their deed done.

You don't think someone else will follow in the footsteps? I don't know anymore.

I'm not saying I hope it happens, but I just hope he does a good job and helps us Americans out.
A) African-Americans only make up around 16% of our population.
B) Most (key word is most) racist groups like Obama because they are getting tons of new members thanks to him. They want him alive.
Every president has had someone attempt to kill him, so the fact that someone tried is nothing new. Even Reagan got shot!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I notice this topic have strong racist undertones, they don't type it directly but it shows when base on their opinion. Like most of you people post here, 'Obama is black' that's false. Obama is what the Americans are calling these days 'Obama is half white and half black' if you didn't know that then you must of have been watching too much media. What I don't like is that Obama is being treated with more respect than most of all presidents put together.

Reality check, Obama is human like you and me. He just going to be seated inside a political role that we Americans hope he will do some change for the better and not for the worse. Heck, I got to admit it; yeah I was a Bush supporter till around 2008 when he was still being controlled by a freakin puppet! Obama is just going to be in office and just going to be controlled like the same way as Bush. He's not going to stop the Iraq 'stalemate' is not a war anymore get that straight! He's going to make promises half-way like most presidents does.

What I can understand is that this inauguration is a bit more festive than all the other inaugurations; I'm actually hearing this word for the first time, that's how festive this inauguration is. Once again, Obama is human. He can only do what most humans does, make decisions, wait for the results, make more decisions.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Moots said:
He's got some of the most stupid ideas I've heard yet. More taxing on the wealthy, but less on the poor?
wacko.gif
That's going to make everyone poor, because obviously the poor can't manage money as it is. Give them money, and they'll waste it.
lecture.gif

More money for the poor means more people with money to buy products from the rich guys, and it means more healthy workers for the rich guys. And it's not a case of giving them money, it's about taking less of the money that they earn off them. I think it's perfectly OK to tax Paris Hilton more than a family trying to bring up kids on the salary of a fireman and a nurse. Oh, and for what it's worth there aren't just "Rich" and "Poor" people in the US. People tend to talk about this as if the only 2 groups of people are toilet cleaners and CEOs. The middle clases will also be taxed less. You and your family would almost certainly be taxed less. Do you consider yourself to be a poor idiot who needs his money taken off him by the state so he doesn't waste it buying some magic beans?

You think rich people can be trusted to be sensible with money? Have you not watched the news for the past 12 months? And even on a personal level, give a millionaire another million and he'll buy a third car he never drives or a rolex. How is that not wasting money, compared to a poor family who spend it on food, heating and healthcare?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I've taken the liberty to update the topic title
tongue.gif

Unfortunately I won't be around at 6 pm
cry.gif
as I am giving my very first XNA lecture at that exact moment.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
DieForIt said:
Mhaw, an extra news on 5:45PM in Belgium. (GMT +1). On VTM I'm really gonna watch it
grog.gif
VTM, the right-winged station for the intellectually challenged, the FOX of Belgium.

And America won't get changed forever, in 4 years time, there are enough dumb Americans that will vote Republic again.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres about 1million to 2million people at his inauguration right now.
which totally tops the 1.2m at president Johnsons (read on yahoo article)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!