deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if your 2-year-old child doen't like kidney pie, s/he's gonna grow up to be an anti-Britain terrorist or something? How is food related to racism I don't get it.

A toddler who eats whole pepper for breakfast would cause more trouble than toddlers who say yuk to foreign food, as the spice will mess up the internals. I mean, what kind of toddler organs would withstand constant pouring of, say, cumin, chipotle, paprika, horseradish, and ground chilli peppers?
He'll cough up blood before he can say "yuk".

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
deathfisaro said:
cumin, chipotle, paprika, horseradish, and ground chilli peppers?

Right here. Also I have noticed cinnamon tends to come to the fore in various places (namely the US and to a lesser extent canada), it could probably join the ranks of the list above if you felt like it. Note I adore cinnamon (perhaps more than I should) and this is nothing other than devils advocate.

Re: the metro. When I was in London the other month I did not think to grab a hotel room beforehand so I spent the night awake walking around (and on a Sunday of all things*). Never have I seen a more poorly spelled and depressing collection of writings and I occasionally visit such bastions of intellectualism as the gamespot forums, quite in fact when I found a copy of the sun later that day it was more entertaining. It did make a nice thermal barrier when sitting on the cold seats of the train station mind you.

*Here in the UK various religious types decided Sunday was a day of worship (no shops open) way back when and we are still stuck with the fallout (most shops now closed on Sunday, even in a "24 hour" place like London).

Re PC types: I hope a few stick around, they are really fun to goad.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Is spinach an ingredient particularly common or typical in some country's cuisine? As a placeholder, I'll call that country "Spinaccia". In that case, 99% of children are horribly racially prejudiced against Spinaccia and its people. Which is deeply concerning, and steps must be taken.Sublimely logical, as usual veho.

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Aug 24 2008, 10:28 PM)
2cnw4fk.jpg

look at this racist mother fucker
rofl2.gif
Funniest damn post I've seen in months.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lazycus said:
xJonny said:
QUOTE said:
We Britons live in a PC world.

I think the article was probably a bit exaggerative, likely it originally meaning to watch toddlers who say certain cultures' styles of food were inferior or something and teach them how to rephrase it to cause least offense, but isn't calling toddlers racist for disliking spicy foods. I do agree that even from a toddler's age that they must respect other cultures' including their style of food.

Re-read what you typed. This is the exact PC bullshit that scares the hell out of me. Do you know any toddler who would "say certain cultures styles of food were inferior"? Do you really believe that a toddler "must respect other cultures' including their style of food"? If food doesn't taste good a toddler will tell you. If someone is smelly a toddler will tell you. Why? Because they are honest, not racist. Your statements are so PC it sickens me. I'm not being racist, just honest.
No you re-read what you typed. I remember at a very young age people saying something like Indian food looks and tastes like diarrhea, and I mean if you go teaching a child that it's okay to offend people to their face, they're not gonna go very far in life. I'm not saying you have to force them to be nice or politically correct, but just basic manners. I wouldn't expect them to, but it helps. You make it sound like toddlers have no control over what they are saying or doing. You think people with TS and coprolalia make friends with all the people they insult publically because they're "just being honest"? (Although it's not their fault at all)

Ruri: Agreed.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... and THIS is where the people's tax dollars are going to. Damn, that sucks for you guys in the UK. But the US has it's own problems with all the stupid things that Bush did...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RebelX said:
.... and THIS is where the people's tax dollars are going to. Damn, that sucks for you guys in the UK. But the US has it's own problems with all the stupid things that Bush did...
Our tax dollars are going to fight zombies.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
No you re-read what you typed. I remember at a very young age people saying something like Indian food looks and tastes like diarrhea, and I mean if you go teaching a child that it's okay to offend people to their face, they're not gonna go very far in life. I'm not saying you have to force them to be nice or politically correct, but just basic manners. I wouldn't expect them to, but it helps. You make it sound like toddlers have no control over what they are saying or doing. You think people with TS and coprolalia make friends with all the people they insult publically because they're "just being honest"? (Although it's not their fault at all)

Ruri: Agreed.
Uhm, I'm not real sure where you are going with this. Basic manners are important. We're discussing the fact that some people want to identify toddlers who correctly express their displeasure at certain smells or tastes as racists. It sounds like you aren't around toddlers much. They have very limited control over what they are saying because they haven't yet learned societal restrictions and manners. I agree that they need to be taught these manners and respect. It's labeling them as racists that I have a problem with. Your comparison to people with "TS and coprolalia" is confusing and poorly chosen, but my answer to your question would be 'No'.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".
I always find this hilarious. If someone smells, I don't care what race they are, they smell. It's down to poor personal hygiene, not race.

And don't go saying "well some ethnicities eat more of their traditional food" because I eat lots of mash and Yorkshire puddings and I do NOT smell like Richmond's finest or Aunty Betty's batter.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
2cnw4fk.jpg

look at this racist mother fucker
*small kid farts in the general direction of your race whilst rubbing his hands together and cackling MUHAHAHAHHA*
well picked up.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
This just in: buried in the report it states that those who do not like every British government policy out there is a dirty racist
Would that make most of the people there racist? I mean there has got to be at least one everybody dislikes.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
Mewgia said:
This just in: buried in the report it states that those who do not like every British government policy out there is a dirty racist
Would that make most of the people there racist? I mean there has got to be at least one everybody dislikes.

yes, it means that everyone is a dirty racist! we should all burn in helllll!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740