Too much KP on 5.05

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was using the FTP payload of Leeful host. So, I have to install file explorer pkg. Can I manually copy that file via this file manager?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may be able to with a usb, but I think file xplorer has a button press for access to dangerous areas. I know orbis ftp does. that's how I got a different start up sound on the system. I've never tried replacing the applicationcache.db. if you're on 5.05, xproject can do it via usb.

Reactions: JayJayB

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I've installed xplorer.
I've enabled R/W and FTP in Xplorer but still can't copy the file with FileZilla.
I've tried to copy directly via Xplorer but after ps4 restart the fpkg are not back.
Where am I doing wrong...

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
try orbis ftp. what do you mean by fpkg? are they missing?

Yes, after database restore, main menu displays only my retail games.

The fpkg games and homebrews previously installed are missing.

I'll try orbis FTP. Is it a standalone app or need I use orbisman?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to inject or your app,db, then restart, or use the python script to fix the database. due note that if you do the latter, you won't be able to delete games unless you modify canRemove from 0 to 1 in the app.db.

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I've checked my backups and I have only this ApplicationCache.db.
It seems that Database backup payload doesn't create a copy of a file called app.db

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I made some mistakes during my backup operation.

Maybe I found a backup of app.db made in March. However, since I've done this backup, I have deleted, installed and updated some games and homebrew.
Could this give me problems if I restore it?

If in case it is better to use the database repair procedure, where can I find a guide for this Python script and the possible fix for the delete option?

Thank you again for the patience and availability you are having for me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are these on an internal hdd or external? external is very easy, which is why I don't recommend using an internal to store games.

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
are these on an internal hdd or external? external is very easy, which is why I don't recommend using an internal to store games.

I don't use USB expansion drive. My external HDD is for storing only my fpkgs that I install and delete on my internal drive

Last edited by JayJayB,

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
with ssd installed on your 5.05 machine you will no longer need to wait 1 or 2 minutes after powered on your ps4 go directly to user guide to launch the Gold Hen 2.3

JayJayB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes! I've managed to fix my app.db and restored all my fpkgs and I've also fixed the "canremove" function to restore the "delete" option. Thanks a lot.
Next I'll test the system's stability.

with ssd installed on your 5.05 machine you will no longer need to wait 1 or 2 minutes after powered on your ps4 go directly to user guide to launch the Gold Hen 2.3

Probably an SSD speed up everything but I don't know is it possible to clone everything 1:1 without loose officially activated account and trophies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool