Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

evilsega

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Help me solve the problem, after changing the color of the right joy-con, only the P stick works. There are no other buttons.

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
is there any solution to put the joycons in low-power-state within the console?
having to connect them to pc to achieve this each time is a pain

Reactions: impeeza

Cheeto978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please add wired and third party support
Post automatically merged:

I have two wired pro controllers and would like to change those like my joycons

Last edited by Cheeto978,

death7lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have the original (regular) Pro Controller colours? I need all 4 colors. Thank you.

please add wired and third party support
I have two wired pro controllers and would like to change those like my joycons
Non-original joy-cons and pro-cons are cannot been update firmware via console. Maybe colors too.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I'm having trouble using this on a pro controller. I can edit joycons fine, but when I connect a pro controller and try to open the program, it only tells me that no device is connected, no matter what I do.

I've tried with 2 original black ones and a smash one, to the same result. Windows recognizes them fine (I use them in games sometimes) and microsoft requirements are up-to-date. I currently have a built-in Intel bluetooth receiver with Intel drivers, but switching to microsoft drvers didn't help (plus, it works with joy-cons already).

I've seen a few people for who having a joy-con and a pro controller connected at the same time fixed the issue, which didn't help in my case. Does anyone have another idea ?

Thanks !

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi !

I'm having trouble using this on a pro controller. I can edit joycons fine, but when I connect a pro controller and try to open the program, it only tells me that no device is connected, no matter what I do.

I've tried with 2 original black ones and a smash one, to the same result. Windows recognizes them fine (I use them in games sometimes) and microsoft requirements are up-to-date. I currently have a built-in Intel bluetooth receiver with Intel drivers, but switching to microsoft drvers didn't help (plus, it works with joy-cons already).

I've seen a few people for who having a joy-con and a pro controller connected at the same time fixed the issue, which didn't help in my case. Does anyone have another idea ?

Thanks !
Maybe because the program is called Joy-con" toolkit?

What are you trying to achieve?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe because the program is called Joy-con" toolkit?

What are you trying to achieve?

What it can currently do:
  • Change colors of your Joy-Con and Pro Controller (plus left/right grip)
It says in the original posts that you can edit pro controller informations. I wanted to see what colours I could edit, as I plan to make a custom paint job as a gift for a friend.

Edit : I also saw this thread which has screen captures of someone using the latest release with a pro controller

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It says in the original posts that you can edit pro controller informations. I wanted to see what colours I could edit, as I plan to make a custom paint job as a gift for a friend.

Edit : I also saw this thread which has screen captures of someone using the latest release with a pro controller
ah, perfect, try also AIO (https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater/releases/) it can change the color on the console directly, on the tools section of the AIO there is a change controller pro colors,

could be a test.

for my Pro Controllers 1 of them no matter the method I was unable to change the color, but the other 3 changed the colors so easy. never found why.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, perfect, try also AIO (https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater/releases/) it can change the color on the console directly, on the tools section of the AIO there is a change controller pro colors,

could be a test.

for my Pro Controllers 1 of them no matter the method I was unable to change the color, but the other 3 changed the colors so easy. never found why.
Sooo...
I didn't use AIO afterall, since my current Switch is still vanilla. I got into joycon_toolkit's source code instead and dare I say that this project looks COMPLEX !

I was able though, by improving on someone else's fork, to pull of a quick fix that should allow any pro controller to be detected properly (this fork also implemented support for third-party devices, but I didn't test it).

I basically have the coding knowledge of a fly looking at a bowl of alphabet soup so I am definitely not confident enough to provide a proper release, but to anyone that knows how to use visual studio, my fork can be found there.

Please note that I just messed with like 2 lines of code so my controller could connect and just tested editing its colors, I have NO IDEA if anything else works at all...

49bb0bca-099e-4bab-86a6-e958c4f6d9ec

(and no, that's not the color scheme I'm planning to keep xD)

Dbj1780

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone, Hello, do you happen to have the color codes for the Pikachu joy-con like this photo? Thanks

Hello everyone, does anyone have the color codes for the Pikachu version of the Joy-Con? I mean brown and yellow like this picture
Screenshot_20240107_185131_YouTube.jpg
, thanks

hstephens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able though, by improving on someone else's fork, to pull of a quick fix that should allow any pro controller to be detected properly (this fork also implemented support for third-party devices, but I didn't test it).
Hey! I’ve been looking everywhere for a way to change the colors of my third-party controllers, I don’t know how to use Visual Studio but I’d be happy to test your code with third-party controllers if you could compile it for me to be able to use!

ZaKKaRiS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there, yesterday I changed my repaired yellow (Wario colour) joy-con which it displays as red colour. And works perfectly I would include on requirements section to update as much as you can windows and of course joy-con firmware. On the other hand I wonder if it's possible to not just change all colours of the buttons but change them one by one. I bought a Snes Jap\Eur joy-con shell and it would be nice to have all the buttons with it's own colour scheme (red,blue, green and yellow) on both joy-cons. Is it possible or exists some firmware or hardware limitation to implement it in that way?

Great job with this tool. Regards

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol