Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

NGxSmokey

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just gonna highlight the colors again for pro controller.

x323232 (Original)
x323132 (Xenoblade)
x313232 (Splatoon)

Just got me a Smash controller just to get this color code.

x2D2D2D (Super Smash Bros)

And for some reasons, I can't get the color to work on another controller.
Actually trying to make a Toni Kensa Splatoon controller, painted the grips white - but can't get the color code to work. All it does is connect as all black controller with white buttons, not the 2-tone color that the original controller has.
Just restore SPI on the controller, now gonna see if I can finally get it to work.

NGxSmokey

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tried to restore color settings but to no avail. It seems that the joy-con tool kit is outdated, or I think it has something to do with the firmware update for pro controller. And I don't have any backup from past firmware. Or there is maybe something new with the smash pro controller?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried to restore color settings but to no avail. It seems that the joy-con tool kit is outdated, or I think it has something to do with the firmware update for pro controller. And I don't have any backup from past firmware. Or there is maybe something new with the smash pro controller?
I bought myself a new pair of Joy-Cons last week, updated them to what came with 6.2.0 and then modded their shells and then their colors with this tool and it worked superb.
Maybe you really would have to do a new update if you update the controller.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I put some green D-Pad shells on my originally grey Joy-Cons and this tool completed my handicraft lesssons.
Look at this beauty:

@Costello: You guys should consider adding support for those fancy imgur sliders by including imgur to your media tag. :P
Example: https://www.playerup.com/posts/9320839/

hell yeah man good idea... let me see what I can do!

edit: done. Try editing your post to update it and see the result?

Last edited by Costello,
Reactions: Garou and lordelan

TheProdigy972

Super Smash Bros. Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I cannot change my Joycon colors when using the app with my Magic-NS adapter as my PC does not have bluetooth. It works when i use my Magic-NS in Switch Pro controller mode but not Switch mode. How can I use the Magic-NS work with this app without it thinking my joycon is a pro controller?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I cannot change my Joycon colors when using the app with my Magic-NS adapter as my PC does not have bluetooth. It works when i use my Magic-NS in Switch Pro controller mode but not Switch mode. How can I use the Magic-NS work with this app without it thinking my joycon is a pro controller?
Get a true bluetooth adaptor of v4.0

CptSpaceToaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro Controllers are definitely struggling still

Joy Con Toolkit: v5.2
Latest Nintendo Firmware: 7.0.0

All of the controllers I have are stock pro controllers, and normally have a black shell (#323232) with white buttons (#ffffff)

I modified the shells. One with Let's go Pikachu & Eevee handles, another with smash colors, and the last has a purple shell replacement.

I am only able to update the body color wholesale for the purple shell... this is OK enough for me I guess... I'd rather have purple shell + grey grips, but I'll take what I can get.

As for the two other pro controllers with handle swaps, I can't even change the grip colors if the shell body is left default (#323232). Either Toolkit v5.2 has a bug that won't allow me to change grip color, OR the software is trying to guard against it... I'm not sure. I have to change the body color to something else (I chose #2D2D2D) which allows me to set grip colors correctly... but then after writing the colors, the switch software seems to simply ignore everything except the body + buttons color.

Are there any workarounds? Or is there something I'm missing?

(Joy cons work great!)

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_003519.jpg
    IMG_20190212_003519.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 127

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did op every say it fully supported pros?! I only see joy cons...
If not use github to post feedback and results on the program, that would be the best way to get support.l, agreed discussing results is what this site is for but for revisions, bugs, problems to been seen by op use github!!

Silly_Aussie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully someone can help me with this.
So recently I replaced the motherboard in one of my Joycons, and it was working perfectly except it was the wrong colour, and the lights were a bit off because a ribbon cable wasn’t secure.
I fixed that and changed the colour using this, but now I can’t use the Joycon in handheld mode.
It syncs wirelessly, charges, and does the click animation, it just won’t show as attached.
(And no, I didn’t back up the SPI :()
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2180A74A-EE6A-44A6-A424-D7C5C5D37D97.jpeg
    2180A74A-EE6A-44A6-A424-D7C5C5D37D97.jpeg
    757.5 KB · Views: 150

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try depair and repair to switch and make shore you unpair it from pc!

Hopefully someone can help me with this.
So recently I replaced the motherboard in one of my Joycons, and it was working perfectly except it was the wrong colour, and the lights were a bit off because a ribbon cable wasn’t secure.
I fixed that and changed the colour using this, but now I can’t use the Joycon in handheld mode.
It syncs wirelessly, charges, and does the click animation, it just won’t show as attached.
(And no, I didn’t back up the SPI :()
Any ideas?

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I’ve tried that with no luck. It does pair with the Switch, but only lets me play wirelessly even when it’s connected
Ok you know anyone with a switch? If you do pair it to there switch, try wireless, should work.. If it dos not there’s a fault, if it works then pair backup to yours and try wirelessly.

Reactions: Silly_Aussie

Silly_Aussie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok you know anyone with a switch? If you do pair it to there switch, try wireless, should work.. If it dos not there’s a fault, if it works then pair backup to yours and try wirelessly.

Same result. And other joycons work on mine. Time to send it in I guess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/y7K1D_l-IxI?si=z9uF9KEGZrHD-8EA