Tor Browser so buggy, completeley unusable really

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been using Tor Browser occasionally for the past months, but now I'm just getting sick of the slowness/bugginess it has. It's no exception to have it crash on me 20 times before I can go to a certain site and login. It just always crashes, not responding and Windows has to finish the process....

Is there really no alternative or update or so that fixes this? I can live with the speed it has, but it should just work and not crash everytime I want to visit a site.....

I'm using Tor Browser btw, a downloadable package from the Tor Site

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're using the portable browser package from their site, the issue is you.

any surfing you do will be slow by design, but the browser has never crashed for me. It must be a misconfiguration with your system

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well damn, that worked. I did that a few weeks ago, but I guess I didn't do it properly enough. Now I just deleted the folder with the browser in it, permanently, rebooted and redownloaded it. Works great now, thanks!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm having the same problems again. Buggy, crashing all the time. I removed the folder again and downloaded it via the site, but that didn't work.
This time I didn't reboot my PC in the process, that might be it.

I'm thinking it's because I'm using Firefox (my main browser) and TorBrowser (which seems to be based on Firefox) at the exact same time, maybe that fucks it up. Maybe 2 at the same time is a bit too much.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is you, I've been using it daily in college for the last year and although yes it is a little slow (its a proxy, they are) it works perfectly well and haven't had any issues with it.I run it from a 32gb sandisk memory stick

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just tried it by using a brand new virtual Windows 7, and it showed the same errors. Crashing very fast and just unreliable.
Will try it on another real PC soon, hopefully that fixes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol