kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to trade in my Xbox 360 (arcade) with 250GB HDD with roughly 15-20 games, PSP and iPod touch 3rd gen (32GB) for a Vita.

(Now before you say that is stupid hear me out)

The Xbox sits under my desk and is not used at all. The games I have on it are old-ish (newest being Splinter Cell: Conviction). I am a PC gamer and I own *Checks* 69 games on Steam (:rofl:). Anyway onto the iPod. The Vita plays music and videos anyway. And the only time I use it is for the bus to school. But I could just use the Vita (or my laptop which I take to school everyday anyway). The PSP... well you can understand ^_^

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Whoa whoa...if I read this right you're trading this in to Gamestop right?..

HA...HAHAHA....HAHAHAHAHAAH! :rofl:

Good luck getting $250-$350 (depending on whether you get games for the Vita or not) with all that. Sure it seems like a lot, but I'll be surprised if you go over $250.

emugirl1994

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
formspring.me
XP
Country
United States
I want to trade in my Xbox 360 (arcade) with 250GB HDD with roughly 15-20 games, PSP and iPod touch 3rd gen (32GB) for a Vita.

(Now before you say that is stupid hear me out)

The Xbox sits under my desk and is not used at all. The games I have on it are old-ish (newest being Splinter Cell: Conviction). I am a PC gamer and I own *Checks* 69 games on Steam ( :rofl:). Anyway onto the iPod. The Vita plays music and videos anyway. And the only time I use it is for the bus to school. But I could just use the Vita (or my laptop which I take to school everyday anyway). The PSP... well you can understand ^_^

Wouldn't you get a better deal selling your things on eBay or Amazon since you'd make more profit? Unless you're in a hurry and want the Vita ASAP, then it's up to you how much money you're willing to make.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trading in all that stuff for a Via is honestly the dumbest thing since, with all fo that, you're likely to only get 200 for it all anyways if you trade it in. if you don;t use any of it and don't enjoy keeping older generation consoles like most gamers, just sell it on eBay or Amazon and get an actual profit. You'll be able to buy a Vita and other stuff,b ut I'm positive that you're just a kid who is desperate for a Vita and willing to sell anything he has to get one. I hope that last line wasn't offensive, but it's painfully obvious.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trading in all that stuff for a Via is honestly the dumbest thing since, with all fo that, you're likely to only get 200 for it all anyways if you trade it in. if you don;t use any of it and don't enjoy keeping older generation consoles like most gamers, just sell it on eBay or Amazon and get an actual profit. You'll be able to buy a Vita and other stuff, but I'm positive that you're just a kid who is desperate for a Vita and willing to sell anything he has to get one. I hope that last line wasn't offensive, but it's painfully obvious.

*Sigh* I actually was just thinking of ways to minimise the cost of the Vita. 350 + 70 for a memory card + 70 for a game is not worth it. I don't use the Xbox and I do enjoy old gen consoles. Just not the Xbox. DS, PS2, PS1, N64, Snes, NES, GBA, Gameboy are all good. The only PSP games I want to play I'll get on PSN and like I said. Vita can fill the iPod gap. Somebody mentioned selling stuff on Ebay. Which hadn't occurred to me. I'll look into that.

Edit: I'm probally better off getting a PS3 really.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selling stuff anywhere that isn't Gamestop would be better. Gamestop needs to turn a profit, so they buy from you for nearly 50% less than what they sell. If you sell it to a person, there is no middle man, so you can sell at the price Gamestop has it or lower, higher, whatever you please.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have a trade in bonus which you can stack with another one for your 360. You have to have like 5000 points (spent 500 on used pretty much) on your gamestop card but if you do you can get 140 for your 360 which is not bad. If the store says it doesn't stack tell them to read the fine print. You only need the cables, console and one controller.

Else wise try craigslist, ebay, amazon, your local gaming store assuming it isn't all gamestops, estarland, cheap ass gamer or gametz to sell and trade your stuff.

Also depending on your strategy gamestop might not be the worst place but you have to use the deals to your advantage.

Try to get the 10 dollars for three game trade in special and if their value isn't over two dollars try the trade in towards a game and then come back cancel the preorder and get it back on a card. It is dishonest but gamestop screws enough people.

If your unwilling to do that there are pawnshops but they will usually screw you.

Oh, your not from the US never mind then.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also hold onto the PSP at bare minimum until they at least get the entire online selection that the PSP can get available for the Vita

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    startthematch @ startthematch: Anyone in uere