Hacking Transfer game savefiles from previous EmuNAND?

Ysg7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, newby here.

I recently got my switch updated to 15.0.0 by accident on sysNAND. After some research I realized I screwed up the whole CFW, so I started from scratch and I made a new emuNAND.

The thing is I had lots of games on my previous emuNAND, so I copied the previous "Nintendo" folder inside "emuNAND" in my SD card, hoping all my saves would be restored. However, this seems not to be the case.

I downloaded and installed Metroid Dread again, but aparently there aren't any saves from the previous emuNAND. When I search for the previous savefiles in settings, I find nothing. Screenshots however have been transfered succesfully.

Am I missing something, or I just can't transfer savefiles from a previous emuNAND?

PorkyMcChops

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be using something to back up your game saves and if you are, then its not in that folder. It seems like the folders you are looking at are the ones created by the Switch OS itself. I'm pretty sure most of the files within those folders i.e. "NINTENDO" are encrypted and i believe they can be opened/decrypted but you will need a tool of some sort and most likely a .keys file. There's a thread (most likely many) on this forum talking about what i believe you're trying to do. But honestly, i didn't read very far in.. Google is your friend. There's a lot out there regarding switch game saves.

i cant post links so use you can add the below suffix to this site. *gbatemp . net (hopefully this is allowed/ pre-apology if its not) or use google and search about switch save file decryption.

/threads/how-to-extract-savegames-from-nand-dump-for-checkpoint.550343/

From here on, you should install and use checkpoint. It's an awesome homebrew tool, its user friendly and has definitely saved me a few times. There are other tools, but that's just the one i use. Regularly open it and back up all or at least important game saves. If you want to be careful, back up the folder(s) checkpoint creates somewhere else. -on a pc, gdrive, etc. Checkpoint puts saves inside SDCARDROOT/switch/checkpoint/ i backup that whole checkpoint folder but individual games can be found (a few directories deeper) via their title id.

Good luck.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, newby here.

I recently got my switch updated to 15.0.0 by accident on sysNAND. After some research I realized I screwed up the whole CFW, so I started from scratch and I made a new emuNAND.

The thing is I had lots of games on my previous emuNAND, so I copied the previous "Nintendo" folder inside "emuNAND" in my SD card, hoping all my saves would be restored. However, this seems not to be the case.

I downloaded and installed Metroid Dread again, but aparently there aren't any saves from the previous emuNAND. When I search for the previous savefiles in settings, I find nothing. Screenshots however have been transfered succesfully.

Am I missing something, or I just can't transfer savefiles from a previous emuNAND?
idk what you "researched" but you couldnt have possibly of "screwed up the whole CFW" just from updating to OFW 15 lol. at most you would of just had to wait for CFW to update, drop new cfw files on sd card, then done.

that said, you deleted your emunand, so no you cant get any saves back. you need a save manager to back up saves like jksv or checkpoint. if you didnt do that, then your saves are forever gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/A8kGxcBdXYs?si=Y8RhWo_8TxXSXAFA