Tutorial  Updated

transplant elden ring pc release version to ps4 trial version

elden ring uses the fromsoft ancestral engine , like soul , bloodborne , sekiro. Most files of PC version and PS4 trial version are exactly the same. The difference is that the packaging path is different. In addition, PS4 version is compressed by dcx. In theory, it is possible to decompress and convert the format, recompress it into dcx and replace the PS4 trial version files for transplantation. The biggest problem is whether the trial version eboot.bin has reserved the release version data interface, Although the engine and processing mode are the same, most of the official version data are not actually installed in the trial version. It is still doubtful whether they can be loaded and run normally after being added out of thin air. It does not rule out the possibility of ce-34878 conflict after transplanting some files. only try it bit by bit. At present, I have tried several files OK, But the complete migration requires manual conversion of more than 90000 files. The amount of work is too large, and my PC configuration is too low . Those with high configuration PC can try it by themselves

1 unpack PS4 trial FPKG

2 use bindertool unpack PC version Data0-Data3.bdt , all extract to the same directory, assuming /PC/data

3 analyze all bnd4 files , generally with bnd in filename extension, or open them with hexeditor, and the file header has "BND4"

4 use yabber tool to decompress PS4 dcx file, check the extracted directory/_yabber-bnd4.xml, remember the compress type in the <compression> line

5. example: decompress /PS4/image0/asset/aeg/aeg001/aeg001_003.geombnd.dcx , view /aeg001_003-geombnd-dcx/_yabber-bnd4.xml, remember the compress type. this file is <compression>SekiroKRAK</compression>

6. use yabber tool extract the file with the same name (extension name haven't .dcx) in the same directory of PC version. example /PC/data/asset/aeg/aeg001/aeg001_003.geombnd

7 open /aeg001_003.geombnd/_yabber-bnd4.xml, use remember compress type replace <compression>none</compression> . this file is <compression>SekiroKRAK</compression>

8 replace INTERROOT_win64 to INTERROOT_ps4

9 enter directory aeg001_003.geombnd/gr/data/ , rename INTERROOT_win64 directory to INTERROOT_ps4

10 use yabber_dcx tool repack the aeg001_003.geombnd directory to aeg001_003.geombnd.dcx

11 copy new created aeg001_003.geombnd.dcx to PS4/image0/asset/aeg/aeg001/aeg001_003.geombnd.dcx ,replace it

12 use the same method to convert and replace over than 90000 PC bnd files to dcx. if file only have PC version , no PS4 version , speculate the compress format according to the same type with different number in the same directory . generally is <compression>SekiroDFLT</compression> or <compression>SekiroKRAK</compression>

13. If you encounter a PC file that cannot be decompressed by yabber, directly decompress the file with the same name as the PS4 file (the extension name have .dcx). If the result is directly extracted a file with the same name as the PC file in this directory (remove extension name .dcx), and add an extension name with -yabber-dcx.xml , check this xml, If there are only have <compression> line, you can directly copy and rename to every file extension name with -yabber-dcx.xml, next to step 10

14 example: /PS4/image0/event/common.emevd.dcx, you can directly use the common.emevd-yabber-dcx.xml copied and renamed for all under PC/data/event.emevd file, like common_func.emevd-yabber-dcx.xml, m10_00_00_00.emevd-yabber-dcx.xml……

15 PC version /data/action directory can be replaced directly without conversion. The font directory and shader directory do not need to be converted or replaced. Just keep the original file of PS4 version

16 rebuild gp4 and create PS4 FPKG

Last edited by zestiva,

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kid, I don't have a JB PS4. I'm commenting on the OP. The OP mentions the hardships of doing it manually, while pretty much posting an algorithm.

All I'm saying is that his stated steps are prone to complete automation.
If you are saying it does not work, I do believe you, but you should state "WHY", not assume everyone else is "in the know" of how it would "obviously" fail.

AND if it would fail, the OP himself is the wrong for stating steps that would lead to failure, not us for saying his stuff can be automated.

P.S.: You are the one thrashing about here, with your "holier than thou" attitude instead of helping out and clearing things up.
the automation advice not bad contribution. i mean for a worthy cause right?

but like let's say i am a backyard mechanic. I know how to change breaks. oil change. But like bigger stuff i am just not good at.

guy has a transmission problem.

telling him how he puts on breaks ain't gonna help him...

So like you have some knowledge sure sure. But YOU YOURSELF freely admit...

well um when it comes to ps4 yeah you right I don't know what i am doing...

SIR. respectfully. Why suggest the poor man write that automation WHEN IT WILL NOT WORK!!! That's lunacy. I don't go around commenting about my knowledge of this or that flippantly. I pick and choose my battles. I comment when it WILL be helpful. I don't comment to show off. That's what you did. Like haha. If I were doing this. I would do this. But you condescension failed to realize.

YOU CANNOT EVEN DO THIS!

Look people. There is at least 2 people who have confessed that they don't know anything about ps4 or how to do this...

And they are giving advice....

People. Wake up...You are posting for the sake of posting. You are not contributing anything helpful. You are just boosting your ego at that point.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the automation advice not bad contribution. i mean for a worthy cause right?

but like let's say i am a backyard mechanic. I know how to change breaks. oil change. But like bigger stuff i am just not good at.

guy has a transmission problem.

telling him how he puts on breaks ain't gonna help him...

So like you have some knowledge sure sure. But YOU YOURSELF freely admit...

well um when it comes to ps4 yeah you right I don't know what i am doing...

SIR. respectfully. Why suggest the poor man write that automation WHEN IT WILL NOT WORK!!! That's lunacy. I don't go around commenting about my knowledge of this or that flippantly. I pick and choose my battles. I comment when it WILL be helpful. I don't comment to show off. That's what you did. Like haha. If I were doing this. I would do this. But you condescension failed to realize.

YOU CANNOT EVEN DO THIS!

Look people. There is at least 2 people who have confessed that they don't know anything about ps4 or how to do this...

And they are giving advice....

People. Wake up...You are posting for the sake of posting. You are not contributing anything helpful. You are just boosting your ego at that point.

Like I said, if his steps aren't viable to automate, they shouldn't be stated as such.
And once more I ask: Since you're in the know, what's missing for the automation to work?

No condescendence here at all, I made a valid suggestion, since his issue was the "90,000 files".
That's nothing for a script.

If the issue is, as you yourself said, something else, then let us know, maybe we can solve it.
I'm not here to flaunt knowledge. I'm here to suggest a way for it to work and help with my skills if need be.

P.S.: I don't need to know anything about the PS4 if the algorithm is correct. If it's not, that's not an issue with me, but with the OP's steps.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, if his steps aren't viable to automate, they shouldn't be stated as such.
And once more I ask: Since you're in the know, what's missing for the automation to work?

No condescendence here at all, I made a valid suggestion, since his issue was the "90,000 files".
That's nothing for a script.

If the issue is, as you yourself said, something else, then let us know, maybe we can solve it.
I'm not here to flaunt knowledge. I'm here to suggest a way for it to work and help with my skills if need be.

P.S.: I don't need to know anything about the PS4 if the algorithm is correct. If it's not, that's not an issue with me, but with the OP's steps.
i didn't expect you to get logical. now we are talking.

ok look we all want to play this game. today i had a horrible experience. i tried to buy an xbox series x just to play this game. but because of fraud protection i literally could not find a way to pay microsoft and they were only place i could find a console. i spent like an hour to try to pay them. it was fruitless. they eventually just opened a ticket. i miss the old days when you could just go to store and pay cash. truly an elden ring bummer.

so why did op make the thread? why did you suggest automation? why am i stepping in to say hey stop stop don't waste life? because we want to play it! so why won't this work? why did i just say

no.

why do i ask for the thread to be closed?

because it will never ever work.

now with that said i want to be proven wrong! many told me i would never get to 2001 games and apps. that i would never get zelda botw to be playable on ps4. or ever get mgs4 to play on jailbreak ps4 (which i did via linux and psnow). I am the dude who laughed when people told me never and said let's do it! alas previous experience makes me skeptical and i would add i rate my skeptical at 100%. Which is why I stepped in.

I cited some potential examples in prior post. The first I can think of were games where we had the english version on pc but we wanted to patch in certain files. It turns out you can at times do this with the vita versions oddly. And i want to say SOMETIMES people got it to go with pc versions. But generally pc english language transplants have been a hard no.

PC mods those seem to work. Sometimes. But boy I tell ya. Not user friendly. But there has certainly been success here. These are arguments for the op. They aren't good ones.

Think offsets. Keys. Eboot security. Parameters being incorrect. SDK issues. My overall vibe here is key permissions and security. The data simply won't run in the security environment of the ps4. Not in this frankenstein theory. Least in my view. Others feel free to chime in. My input is:

Closed Thread.
Use this new found life to kiss girls and smoke blunts.
Await the 9.03 kex. (which some say is incoming)
Play Elden Ring on 9.00 Jaibreak (i imagine once it is dumped it will be playable on the 9.00 sdk or someone will make a bp)
Laugh when you think back on this insane thread...and insane idea...which would have never worked anyway...

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I convert and replaced some pc version file to ps4 trial version , game can play , menu and item is release version , but have a little bug , controller icon is xbox style , can't move out in this place……

Attachments

• er.jpg
    er.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 63

zestiva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
asset
action
cutscene
event
expression
facegen
material
menu
msg
mtd
other
param
script
sfx

this files in the above folder can be converted and replaced to trial version , other folder is too many files , testing

Last edited by zestiva,
Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
POINT BLANK PERIOD THIS IDEA WOULD NOT WORK! PERIOD. CLOSE THIS TRASH FIRE!
Will this actually work?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This just would never work. The thread should be closed.
YOU CANNOT EVEN DO THIS!

If you really knew about how stuff like this works, you would have known it's not a crazy idea.
Instead, you wanted to pretend that you are the expert - and ended up talking trash in multiple useless posts, it's embarrassing really. I hope this is the end of that. You just look like an idiot. Not nice or supportive to the OP.

OP ignored you thankfully, and kept working on it, made good progress.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good job OP, nothing in this world would ever go anywhere if everyone listened to self entitled peeps like @grabman
Who I also noticed has to mention a "23tb" collection at least once in whichever thread he is filling with anger this time. WHO CARES DUDE! You're just admitting your a massive bellend pirate.

@zestiva I hope you can continue your work and prove the idiot wrong. I may even grab the files needed and start looking into it myself later. The more people we can get on this the better and I don't even wanna play the game..... Love to prove idiots wrong tho so...... :P

PS: If this is proven possible and works I bet it wont be long before @grabman has added it to his "23tb" collection.... Hypocrisy at its finest :P

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job OP, nothing in this world would ever go anywhere if everyone listened to self entitled peeps like @grabman
Who I also noticed has to mention a "23tb" collection at least once in whichever thread he is filling with anger this time. WHO CARES DUDE! You're just admitting your a massive bellend pirate.

@zestiva I hope you can continue your work and prove the idiot wrong. I may even grab the files needed and start looking into it myself later. The more people we can get on this the better and I don't even wanna play the game..... Love to prove idiots wrong tho so...... :P

PS: If this is proven possible and works I bet it wont be long before @grabman has added it to his "23tb" collection.... Hypocrisy at its finest :P
Idiot are always going to be idiots as some have respected a corp like S#ny and have lost 5k+ of hard earned income to be banned because they removed there Credit card. I say empower those who shun corp greedy practices. I got back what I lost by Free code and supposed pirate's. 😝

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idiot are always going to be idiots as some have respected a corp like S#ny and have lost 5k+ of hard earned income to be banned because they removed there Credit card. I say empower those who shun corp greedy practices. I got back what I lost by Free code and supposed pirate's. 😝
I got my superslim out (hope it's still working), gonna replace my cfw slim. after being banned once about five years ago, I don't even want to risk a legit account doing that. my superslim is unbanned, but those disc trays on them with the sliding door are true pieces of shit, because they fly open from even a gentle nudge.

Reactions: Randqalan

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my superslim out (hope it's still working), gonna replace my cfw slim. after being banned once about five years ago, I don't even want to risk a legit account doing that. my superslim is unbanned, but those disc trays on them with the sliding door are true pieces of shit, because they fly open from even a gentle nudge.
Not hard at all in 9.00 but I know you like 5.50 so hopefully NAP for you. I know you can do it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going legit on the switch onward (even sold my version 1 system), so you never see me answer any switch questions. I'd be talking out of my ass when I didn't know what I was talking about. going legit on the ps5 as well, just bought king of fighter xv (target had a restock), and I had previously done the buy 2 get 1 free sale on their website. king of fighters xv was the cheapest game, but I got it for the series x. with this new restock, I hope I can exchange the series x one with the ps5 one, since they're both eligible. they may have to redo the entire order, so that may be at the end of the week.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going legit on the switch onward (even sold my version 1 system), so you never see me answer any switch questions. I'd be talking out of my ass when I didn't know what I was talking about. going legit on the ps5 as well, just bought king of fighter xv (target had a restock), and I had previously done the buy 2 get 1 free sale on their website. king of fighters xv was the cheapest game, but I got it for the series x. with this new restock, I hope I can exchange the series x one with the ps5 one, since they're both eligible. they may have to redo the entire order, so that may be at the end of the week.
I was ligit but once connected a ps3 account with cfw and no dl game and no brought games at all but when I was low on $ I removed my cc after 6 months and just renewed my 12 month psn account they bann me for nothing besides me having a cfw ps3 and my account was linked to my ps4 costing me over 5k in games. So the real pirate is Sony BTW not first time S did this look up chips on ps3 they pirated hardware.🤣

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was ligit but once connected a ps3 account with cfw and no dl game and no brought games at all but when I was low on $ I removed my cc after 6 months and just renewed my 12 month psn account they bann me for nothing besides me having a cfw ps3 and my account was linked to my ps4 costing me over 5k in games. So the real pirate is Sony BTW not first time S did this look up chips on ps3 they pirated hardware.🤣
yeah, that's one both to make people pirate and to deter piracy. I didn't have that many purchases, but I'll never again use a legit account on an exploited machine.

Reactions: Randqalan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters