Hacking RELEASE [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] [Modchip Software] *NEW* Fusee_Suite UF2 packages

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Just need a fine soldering tip and it's easy to solder to those spots. But yea it's about experience. I always prefer doing everything on one side if possible.

Reactions: binkinator

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i modded my switch i had few years ago i soldered the vol+ Strap directly to the button on the flexcable, was much easier for me because no other points are really close to it so no risk to bridge another Point to it. Just use thin wire (i used AWG30) so it fits perfectly even with the cable.

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just need a fine soldering tip and it's easy to solder to those spots. But yea it's about experience. I always prefer doing everything on one side if possible.
im experienced with soldering, i have decent gear and have soldered to microscopic components many times when doing Rc related things but there is always a risk and with proper pads on the underside, i didn't see the point unnecessarily soldering to risky points.

im confident i could solder to them without issue but why do it when you dont have too and have far better solder points on offer.

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody help me upgrade the trinket m0 firmware?

I'm running V6_110320 but I can't enter UF2 upgrade mode. I've checked my soldering (using a stereo microscope and the connection to the SAMD21 itself) and they are fine.

What is the correct process?

When I double-tap the reset button the trinket it sometimes doesn't do anything and sometimes flashes a few lights ending with red.

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can anybody help me upgrade the trinket m0 firmware?

I'm running V6_110320 but I can't enter UF2 upgrade mode. I've checked my soldering (using a stereo microscope and the connection to the SAMD21 itself) and they are fine.

What is the correct process?

When I double-tap the reset button the trinket it sometimes doesn't do anything and sometimes flashes a few lights ending with red.
Boot HOS
Connect USB
put it into Standby (power button)
Press the trinket reset button twice but not to fast

you should get an new drive letter on pc

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK - I wonder if my SAMD21 USB pins are fried.

The procedure above has the trinket m0 flash a series of colors ending with red but no drive or USB device appears on the PC.

Can this be flashed using the SWD pins? (for both part1 and part2 of the package?)

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK - I wonder if my SAMD21 USB pins are fried.

The procedure above has the trinket m0 flash a series of colors ending with red but no drive or USB device appears on the PC.

Can this be flashed using the SWD pins? (for both part1 and part2 of the package?)
of course you can. If you go back a few pages I posted how to flash my rcmx86 with raspberry pi. just need to compile openocd and create a config file. should be the same process for trinket m0, btw for me the part 1 bootloader binary file didn't flash properly, so i had to flash the official adafruit uf2 bootloader from their github.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need openocd to flash part 2, once the bootloader is flashed usb should be working again. but if you want i think you can, just covert the bin file to hex format and flash the same way

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, OK ... However, I can current hold the power button to get the Fusee Suite (?) launcher menu. I can even start the SAMD21 Updater from there but it doesn't show up as a drive.

Does this mean Part 1 is already flashed/"working" ?

SillyNewb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, using trigger 7 (UF2 mode) lets us update the firmware through the usb port on the switch itself? No need to reattach the usb on the trinket?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, using trigger 7 (UF2 mode) lets us update the firmware through the usb port on the switch itself? No need to reattach the usb on the trinket?
Correct. You will attach the D+ and D- to the USB pads and thus enable the use of your USB-C connector to do updates. Clever really.

Reactions: SillyNewb

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ishtangli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just installed an RCMX86 with joycon strap. I am able to dual-boot without any problem.

Im a bit confused if I need to install the USB disconnect strap. What exactly does it do?

I also noticed that I cannot use the USB tools of Hekate anymore. I've also had no luck with tidy_memloader. Is this because of the missing strap?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: