ROM Hack Trying to Rip Sound Effects From TLoZ: Spirit Tracks

DANOMINATOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, feel free to bump this if it's in the wrong place.

I'm trying to rip sound effects from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, specifically the ones from the trains themselves. Problem is, I can't seem to get Tinke, the most popular method, running. My computer thinks it's malware so I can't get the darn thing running. Anyone have another idea? Or would someone be able to link me to them?

DANOMINATOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try with VGMTRANS?
Usually you could drag and drop a ROM directly onto the program window and should allow you to grab music, sound effects, instruments, midi data, etc
Hmmm...I'm not sure that was commonly used when I originally made this thread or if I even tried...I'll give it a shot, thanks!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Try using a Line in Cable if you have a PC from your 3DS / DS to your PC.

Make your "Stereo Mix" the default recording device.

This is how I captured some GameBoy and GameBoy Color OST's for some of my YouTube videos back in the day

algo_home

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What OS are you using? I had trouble getting Tinke running in Windows since it was being flagged as untrustworthy, fixed it by opening up the error message, looking at which files were being flagged, searching for them in the Tinke directory, and then unblocking them (right click -> properties -> Unblock). Took some time & there's def a way to automate the unblocking, but i hate window's command line so I just did it by hand :/ also all the files that were giving me problems had the extension .resx

Alegria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, did you succeed? I was looking for some whistle sound files (especially the sweet train's)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...