Homebrew Trying to undo something that happened about a year ago. (Partially bricked 2ds)

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I begin?

Back when A9lh first came out, I was excited just as everyone else and proceeded to follow a guide that wasn't 3ds.guide (big mistake, I found out later and learned my lesson).

So I proceeded with the initial steps that I saw, and I made it to the point where it was time to 2.1.0 CTRTransfer, didn't back up my nand either :cry: and after the transfer said successful, I anxiously waited for my 2ds to turn on (I did not read the part that it doesn't work without the sd card until later on, I've learned a lot since then). Basically I panicked and desperately looked for a way to put my 2ds into recovery mode (BIG MISTAKE), the first time recovery did end up working, but the top screen was messed up, and it wanted me to get passed the initial setup with the 3ds slider (that I didn't have because I was on a 2ds on 3ds firmware lol, oops..). I gave up at this point because I thought this 2ds was done for.

Fast forward as months have flown by: Upon curiosity of browsing, I stumble upon a post that says you are able to launch a game a certain, and think to myself why not try it? I go to a game store pick up a couple of games, including cubic ninja, that contain various firmware updates to try, incase others don't work. Well later on, I go home and try to update with the cart, but each time I was greeted with a black screen saying something like "This game is not compatible" or something similar to that.

About a couple of months after that, I'm reading about a tool called 2dsaver, and I find that it does indeed have a way to work with cubic ninja! I was excited and tried it as soon as I could, and it did work! It kicked me right off the setup right until the main menu, I was super excited. After doing this, I made another fatal mistake of misreading something about cart updates, and having the assumption that the game carts >6 were okay. I gave that a shot, and then realized after the update was "successful" it bricked. I had nearly given up at this point and decided to try more things later if there was a way to fix it.

A couple of months after that, I read about what is now NTRboot. It mentioned a way of using flash carts to unbrick any 2ds or 3ds, and I was ready to try it. As fast as I could I gathered information about it, and ordered an Acekard 2i from the site "nds-card.com" (works great for it btw :D and that guy is awesome!). I waited and waited until the ntrboot finally came out, I checked the forums almost every week since then and am very grateful that its here and grateful for the hard work those devs did!

As soon as I could, I got myself setup, used the card to get my bricked 2ds up and running, and it does work! Sort of..

I was at a point where I was just getting this screen (I assume because something is definitely corrupted, and what its' been through)
20861506_1209378925834257_1025724564_o.jpg

, and couldn't get past it.

I have been able to successfully boot godmode9 and luma properly :)
I actually did try to do 9.2.0 CTRTransfer but to no avail, as it would just show the same exact error that's in the picture above..

I kind of did get something working though. For some reason I am able to use the CTRTransfer for 2.1.0 over and over again (Even with the same warped top screen). I have tried cart updating too again too, and it brings back to the screen with the picture above, however I am able to get out of it again and again with godmode9 and successfully load the 2.1.0CTRTransfer.bin every single time.

Nothing is working to update it and I'm actually unser what to do at this point ^^;

Now I have learned a lot since then, even have bought a 2ds and 3ds after this happened, and backed up my NAND with local as well as cloud storage. This 2ds was probably my worst fail ever trying to get something hacked, as I made mistake after mistake with it, but I do refuse to give up until I've exhausted everything I can do to fix it :lol:

I'm very sorry for the huge wall of text, I just wanted/needed to explain my situation. I can accept that I may or may not get out of this situation, but I want to at least try, so any help and suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@queendude ahh the infamous shit poster finally shows up on a post I make? Look man, "You can't" is not a response I'm not willing to accept, especially from you, now if someone with a reputable reputation told me that, it would be different.

@xXxSwagnemitexXx haha well thanks for the suggestion dude, but from what I've read, I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work that way :P Still I appreciate the suggestion :)

Shad0w136

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nigleet Haha, I definitely noticed this too with a bunch of browsing yesterday xD I am glad i'm not alone, but I'm sure there is a fix somehow. Thanks for the info though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game