• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Turkish/Syria Earthquakes

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well this happened the other day, 2 earthquakes on the same day and 11,000+ dead at least + the destruction to homes, infrastructure etc. It's sad watching it on the news and seeing those poor people wondering if they have any survivors left in their families.
Usually with earthquakes you can get another one a few days, weeks, months laters - but judging the magnitude and the fact there was two within a short period, hopefully all the built up energy on those tectonic plates has been expended now, since it shifted the country by 10 feet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Seems like every earthquake lately is a 7.0 or worse, and by the time the world gets done cleaning up the horrific aftermath of one, another strikes. In any case I'm glad the US is sending people and resources to help, shows we can set aside our differences when disaster strikes.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TraderPatTX

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tragic news :sleep:
Send help if you can find a reliable channel.

Seems like every earthquake lately is a 7.0 or worse
That's because weaker ones aren't really news so you don't hear about them.

Reactions: Xzi

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I'm so upset. As someone from a Turkish background. This has effected me in more than one way.

thank you @mrdude for creating this thread. i was too emotional to create this thread. i mean i visit Turkey almost every year, I'm not built for prison.

jose-mourinho-sweet-trouble.gif

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: mrdude

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite that Turkey denies the Armenian genocide, I hope they can rescue all survivors. Likewise for Syria, too.

I remember seeing a video where the major city is filled with buildings everywhere, other than little privacy, there's also the risk of an earthquake to add to the mix.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm so upset. As someone from a Turkish background. This has effected me in more than one way.

thank you @mrdude for creating this thread. i was too emotional to create this thread. i mean i visit Turkey almost every year, I'm not built for prison.
People are still being pulled out alive today so there's still hope for some. Also weather wise it's not been too bad so that's given those trapped a bit of a chance. We are now up to 33k+ dead or missing so all we can do is hope some more make it out alive and for those poor souls that have departed, say a prayer for them and their families (no matter who your god is). Quite a lot of money/stuff has been donated to the releif fund, over £50 million just from UK, so hopefully that can help get some much needed aid to where it's needed. A big thanks also goes out to those that have helped by donating food and supplies, those that donated money, and to those people on the ground helping to rescue the innocent victims. If you can help in your own way, please do. As for the relatives of those affected, stay strong, life is tough but you're going to get through this - just as you have with everything life has ever throw at you.

Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now