Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

D

Deleted User

I suspect it's something you might have installed or modified on your pc, so the easiest solution imo would be to install windows 7 or 8 on vmware or if you want to try it on linux run it from wine.

Btw the post I was reading when I installed the CFW was https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

Sorry but no luck:

Code:
pedro@pedro-Aspire-E1-572:/media/pedro/962C789A2C7876D9/3DS/Palantine_CFW$ wine ctrclient.exe --serveradr=192.168.2.115 --customcmd="installcia:BigBlueBox.cia,0 1"
ctrclient: failed to connect
pedro@pedro-Aspire-E1-572:/media/pedro/962C789A2C7876D9/3DS/Palantine_CFW$ nmap 192.168.2.115 -p 8333

Starting Nmap 6.46 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2015-02-12 20:01 BRST
Illegal character(s) in hostname -- replacing with '*'
Nmap scan report for Nintendo*3DS (192.168.2.115)
Host is up (0.059s latency).
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
8333/tcp closed bitcoin

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but no luck:

Code:
pedro@pedro-Aspire-E1-572:/media/pedro/962C789A2C7876D9/3DS/Palantine_CFW$ wine ctrclient.exe --serveradr=192.168.2.115 --customcmd="installcia:BigBlueBox.cia,0 1"
ctrclient: failed to connect
pedro@pedro-Aspire-E1-572:/media/pedro/962C789A2C7876D9/3DS/Palantine_CFW$ nmap 192.168.2.115 -p 8333

Starting Nmap 6.46 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2015-02-12 20:01 BRST
Illegal character(s) in hostname -- replacing with '*'
Nmap scan report for Nintendo*3DS (192.168.2.115)
Host is up (0.059s latency).
PORT    STATE  SERVICE
8333/tcp closed bitcoin

I think I found your problem, you need to hold the left shoulder button while you select ds profile to run cfw

[Edit] I scanned port 8333 after cfw booted holding the Left Shoulder button on top of the 3DS and it said port open but when I didn't hold it it was closed like yours.

D

Deleted User

I think I found your problem, you need to hold the left shoulder button while you select ds profile to run cfw

[Edit] I scanned port 8333 after cfw booted holding the Left Shoulder button on top of the 3DS and it said port open but when I didn't hold it it was closed like yours.

I was holding L, but how much time I need to hold the button? Until home appear? Or just to press the "DS profile"?

[edit] Tried holding L until home, nothing. Tried holding L briefly to press "DS profile", nothing. Tried with L unpressed, nothing. God, help me, hehehehe.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so, i cant do anything with the unallocated volume that gateway creates on the sd for emunand. cant format, merge with primary partition, nothing. its just a gig of lost space. what do i do?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so, i cant do anything with the unallocated volume that gateway creates on the sd for emunand. cant format, merge with primary partition, nothing. its just a gig of lost space. what do i do?

to remove the unallocated space, backup the SD content, format the SD with SDformatter, then copy again your file on the SD.

Reactions: cvskid and WeedZ

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
9.X emu nand is not that all great... I can't even play retail games with 7x save game encryption (pokemon x/y) it even makes my games Japanese even though it's English to begin with... might be just useful who want to get into eshop

D

Deleted User

Here's my timeline:

Downgraded from 9.2 to 4.2 trough GW exploit, updated from 4.2 to 4.3 trough MarioKart card, created emunand 9.5 without problems, stuck with CFW. Maybe the update from original card messed something?

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason it doesn't boot anymore in MTCard mode. Tried with another SD, nothing, it freezes and reboots.

Tried reinstalling the exploit and still nothing.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use GW's emunand? MT's emunand would give me errors while opening up flipnote studio 3d and also Alpha Sapphire would load up a japanese message while opening the game up

losermode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it appears this guide needs to be updated to account for the fact that 9.5 emuNAND with MT's launcher is buggy and not officially supported at this time.

I was ready to follow this through but apparently the bugs due to the launcher not working with the 9.5 update have been giving people a lot of grief.

Reactions: MrCheeze

oogawooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me out here? i followed the video tutorial but got stuck on the holding L part. The top part stays cyan and the bottom does flash white but it never takes me back to the main menu. im on 4.4 if that matters

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can someone help me out here? i followed the video tutorial but got stuck on the holding L part. The top part stays cyan and the bottom does flash white but it never takes me back to the main menu. im on 4.4 if that matters

Then your emunand is not correctly injected.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chech if after dragging the emunand on the drag_emunand_here.bat file, you injected the rednand.dat file and not the emunand.dat just extracted.

This is the only cause I can figure out, other than a defectve SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty make people have their own character
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and be able to fight other players
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
    S @ salazarcosplay: you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body...