Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
need help i reinstall CFW into new SD CARD with bigger size and i have a problem with intsallcia run well the command is succsesfull but when i power off and home button theres no devmenu gift

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
need help i reinstall CFW into new SD CARD with bigger size and i have a problem with intsallcia run well the command is succsesfull but when i power off and home button theres no devmenu gift

First question check this post, https://gbatemp.net/threads/switching-sd-cards-cfw.380926/#post-5328150 second question, im a noob but from the extensive posts i read it sounds like your sysnand and your emunand became unlinked, if i understand correctly it should appear once you run the ds profile exploit.

Reactions: ewin00

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to revert the backup back to sysnand? I mean the tutorial said it was the fail-safe so I assume there's a way to use it

Put the NAND.bin on your SD Card and load up the Gateway launcher, look it up if you need a guide for 4.5. You can restore a NAND backup from that menu.

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh god, i manage to clone my cfw sd card to a new one but devmenu showing an error has occured but other games and hombrew are working, im using windisk32 imager. so i should reinstall the devmenu again now? (what a pain)

D

Deleted User

Requirements

• Two SD Cards
  • A PC with an SD card reader
  • A 3DS with version 4.5 or lower (follow the downgrade portion of this guide)
  • A DS Flashcard
Software Download Links:

Part 1: Setting up 9.4 emuNAND

1. Copy the MT Card Launcher.dat to your SD Card, along with the exploit installer.
  2. Insert the SD Card into your system. This will be the 9.4 emuNAND SD.
  3. Install the DS Exploit using MT Card's installer.
  4. Boot the MT Card Launcher by going into Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile
  5. Select "Format emuNAND" using the SD Card. Wait for it to format.
  6. When it's done, select "Boot Classic Mode". Ignore the warning and continue to boot.
  7. Once the emuNAND has been booted, navigate to Settings.
  8. MAKE SURE IT SHOWS MT BEFORE THE VERSION NUMBER BEFORE PROCEEDING. IF NOT, REPEAT STEP 6 BY NAVIGATING BACK INTO THE LAUNCHER.
  9. Go into Other --> Update System. Let it update to 9.4. Once it's complete, you might be kicked out to sysNAND. Boot back into the emuNAND by going into the MT Menu using the profile exploit and boot Classic Mode.
  10. You should be into your 9.4 emuNAND now. Set the theme a certain color or something so you always know when you're in emuNAND and it's safe to run updates.
  11. Congratulations! You can now sign into eShop and download everything.
  12. If you followed the downgrade guide correctly, you should have a 9.2 SD Card backup. Save this for later in the "Extras" section.
Part 2: Setting up 4.5 CFW

1. Remove the 9.2 emuNAND card from your 3DS. Now, take out your 4.5 card (the other one). Format it so there is no data on it. Then, drop Gateway's Launcher.dat on it.
  2. Boot into the profile exploit using the same method as earlier. Navigate to "Format emuNAND" again and run it.
  3. Once it's complete, remove the SD Card and plug it into your computer.
  4. Run the emuNand tool you downloaded earlier and press “Extract emuNand”. Save the file as emuNand.bin somewhere.
  5. Now, drag the emuNand.bin onto the bat file that was downloaded. After a while, a resulting REDNAND.bin will appear.
  6. In the emuNand tool, press “Inject NAND into emuNAND”. Select the REDNAND.bin file, and just ignore the warnings about not finding NAND.bin.
  7. After it’s done, delete everything on the SD card. It should only be a LAUNCHER.DAT file that you have to delete.
  8. Now, copy everything from the SD Card folder in Palantine CFW onto the SD card. Delete the launcher.dat, and rename the launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat
  9. Insert the SD card into the console and boot up. It will create software management information. Take the SD card out again and open it on your computer.
  10. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a exdata folder.
  11. Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which.
  12. Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.
  13. Now, go into Other —> Profile. Hold down the L button, and tap DS Profile. If all goes well, the bottom screen will flash white and the CFW will load. If not, simply reboot the system by holding down power and trying again. Make sure to hold L while you do it.
  14. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  15. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
  16. Code:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  17. Code:
    installcia 192.168.1.155 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  18. Now execute run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result-code of 0.
    • If you get a failed to connect, make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the Internet.
    • If there’s another return code, try steps 8 and onward again.
Extras

1. You should probably unlink your emuNANDS from your sysNAND. To do this, format the sysNand (Settings -> Other -> Format) with wifi OFF and NO SD inside the 3DS. Then, reinstall the DS Profile exploit using the Gateway installer. Now, you will not have trouble with CIAs installing and memory management.
  2. Swapping between the cards: If you want to use 9.4 emuNAND, simply pop in that SD Card and run the DS Profile Exploit (Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile). If you want to use CFW, simply put in that SD and follow the same instructions. You DO NOT need to hold L to get into the CFW on a regular basis. Take note that booting into the CFW may take multiple tries.
  3. I'd recommend connecting your 9.4 emuNAND to wifi, however leaving the other systems unconnected. This will prevent accidental update download/nags.
  4. You can install CIAs by copying them to the SD and opening Dev Menu, and selecting them in the proper menu.
Video Guide

A fellow temper (namely dicamarques) has made a video guide!

Didn't read nothing here about GovanifY issues about stealing the cfw, anyone knows news about that?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't read nothing here about GovanifY issues about stealing the cfw, anyone knows news about that?

Yeah I read about it, apparently he tricked a developer in running a exe that gave him system access and he stole all his files, not just 3DS related ones.

[Edit] The ironic thing is the people who are crying foul and saying what an evil person he is has no problem using what he stole for piracy, for the record, I'm a fan of piracy so although I don't agree with what he did or the way he did it I'm glad he did.

[2nd edit] Just to clarify he didn't steal Palantine CFW and leak it, he stole code from someone else, released it, and Palantine used that code to develop a more stable version of the CFW. Thank you Palantine.

D

Deleted User

Yeah I read about it, apparently he tricked a developer in running a exe that gave him system access and he stole all his files, not just 3DS related ones.

[Edit] The ironic thing is the people who are crying foul and saying what an evil person he is has no problem using what he stole for piracy, for the record, I'm a fan of piracy so although I don't agree with what he did or the way he did it I'm glad he did.

[2nd edit] Just to clarify he didn't steal Palantine CFW and leak it, he stole code from someone else, released it, and Palantine used that code to develop a more stable version of the CFW. Thank you Palantine.

Yeah, but people are saying he has modded the original code, inserting malicious codes (redirecting numbers/codes/hash's to him, etc) and things that could brick our console. I dont mind if he steal the code, btw is VERY strange an expert programmer buy this fake scam and f**** everything like this, but my concern is malicious code or brick's!

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but people are saying he has modded the original code, inserting malicious codes (redirecting numbers/codes/hash's to him, etc) and things that could brick our console. I dont mind if he steal the code, btw is VERY strange an expert programmer buy this fake scam and f**** everything like this, but my concern is malicious code or brick's!

Lol funniest thing I heard all day, if there was such malicious code Palantine would have discovered it when he was improving upon it, think about it, those rumours are probably being spread by gateway developers themselves, that's the only way they can think of getting people to buy their card instead, it's called scare tactics, many countries use it to start wars.

What they don't realize it that the people who didn't order a GateWait card by now were probably holding out for a CFW and even if there wasn't a CFW they still wouldn't buy one. Also the most dangerous part is the actual downgrading part since it alters the sysnand, afaik the cfw is located on the emunand. PS Gateway was actually bricking consoles shortly when it was first released. So maybe people are confusing CFW with gateway. So far there have been no reported bricks regarding CFW and one unverified brick regarding the actual downgrading process. Btw that expert programmer who fell for his virus trick bragged that he developed a CFW and said that he would NEVER share it. So as far as I'm concerned he got what was coming to him.

Reactions: Deleted User

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The CFW has some strings of server pages pointing to GovanifY site. In the Palantine versione these strings ar never used.

I did not analyzed the GovanifY version to verify how that internet addresses where used.

In the boot.bin code, that I analyzed almost completly, there is no dangerous code for your sysnand.

I didn't analyzed the part in the arm11 file, but I don't think there is somenthing to intentionally brick 3DS. But this part is potentially dangerous because it's a tool to remotely test the 3DS processes, so there are part of code that can brick your 3DS if used incorrectly.

D

Deleted User

Lol funniest thing I heard all day, if there was such malicious code Palantine would have discovered it when he was improving upon it, think about it, those rumours are probably being spread by gateway developers themselves, that's the only way they can think of getting people to buy their card instead, it's called scare tactics, many countries use it to start wars.

What they don't realize it that the people who didn't order a GateWait card by now were probably holding out for a CFW and even if there wasn't a CFW they still wouldn't buy one. Also the most dangerous part is the actual downgrading part since it alters the sysnand, afaik the cfw is located on the emunand. PS Gateway was actually bricking consoles shortly when it was first released. So maybe people are confusing CFW with gateway. So far there have been no reported bricks regarding CFW and one unverified brick regarding the actual downgrading process. Btw that expert programmer who fell for his virus trick bragged that he developed a CFW and said that he would NEVER share it. So as far as I'm concerned he got what was coming to him.

Thanks for the enlightening comments! I'm gonna try the rest of tutorial tonight, already downgraded from 9.2 to 4.2 without problems.

Reactions: coolfuze
D

Deleted User

emunand working on 9.5, just tested and it works, need help with CFW because cannot get into, when i tri to load cfw trough profile the screen goes blue and its all, have tried several times.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having problem, updating the emunand...there's always an "errors has occurred" problem and restart the 3ds..

I kept repeating updating until it my 3ds does this... my 3ds is still on 4.4 emunand but the home screen can do themes...

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to get cfw working on a higher firmware with this method? I want to get new games like mm or ssb but can't since they are on 7.x

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, I have finished my 9.5 emunand update and... it seems like it's broken...

from the outside it seems working but when I play my legit games it became Japanese... just tested 2 games so far... luigi mansion plays but in Japanese.. and my pokemon y just gives an error in Japanese... but both games are English when I played it on my other 3ds before I downgraded it... but this 3ds has never been downgraded

D

Deleted User

emunand working on 9.5, just tested and it works, need help with CFW because cannot get into, when i tri to load cfw trough profile the screen goes blue and its all, have tried several times.

Now I have success with loading CFW, the screen blinks white black and returned to home.

Now I get "failed to connect', but I know my IP address and can ping it too from my PC, but the program cant connect, any help?

Code:
c:\3DS\Tutorial GBATEMP\Palantine CFW\Palantine CFW>ping 172.16.2.10

Disparando 172.16.2.10 com 32 bytes de dados:
Resposta de 172.16.2.10: bytes=32 tempo=7ms TTL=63
Resposta de 172.16.2.10: bytes=32 tempo=4ms TTL=63
Resposta de 172.16.2.10: bytes=32 tempo=2ms TTL=63
Resposta de 172.16.2.10: bytes=32 tempo=8ms TTL=63

Estatísticas do Ping para 172.16.2.10:
    Pacotes: Enviados = 4, Recebidos = 4, Perdidos = 0 (0% de
            perda),
Aproximar um número redondo de vezes em milissegundos:
    Mínimo = 2ms, Máximo = 8ms, Média = 5ms

c:\3DS\Tutorial GBATEMP\Palantine CFW\Palantine CFW>run.bat

c:\3DS\Tutorial GBATEMP\Palantine CFW\Palantine CFW>installcia 172.16.2.10 1 Big
BlueMenu.cia

c:\3DS\Tutorial GBATEMP\Palantine CFW\Palantine CFW>ctrclient --serveradr=172.16
.2.10 --customcmd="installcia:1,0 BigBlueMenu.cia"
ctrclient: failed to connect

c:\3DS\Tutorial GBATEMP\Palantine CFW\Palantine CFW>pause
Pressione qualquer tecla para continuar. . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game