Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the 9.5 update work with this method? Am I losing any functionality by using 9.5 emunand, and if so is it possible to put 9.4 emunand on here even though 9.5 is out, I might be confusing emunand with sysnand since I'm not sure what the difference is but i will google it now.

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
i am on the last step and it will not connect if I leave it on the home screen. So i tried to load up the internet explorer and it starts and then crashes any help?

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I swear I had to load the cfw exploit 50 times before I got the devmenu to install. That probably means I had to reset the 3ds over 200 times. I always seem to be able to get the exploit to load the cfw on average 1 in 3 times. But installing devmenu was a bitch.

Just keep trying...it does work.....eventually......

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
I swear I had to load the cfw exploit 50 times before I got the devmenu to install. That probably means I had to reset the 3ds over 200 times. I always seem to be able to get the exploit to load the cfw on average 1 in 3 times. But installing devmenu was a bitch.

Just keep trying...it does work.....eventually......

Was yours freezing? And everytime you tried did you open up the browser or something different then run the bat

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, mine was freezing. My 3ds was always connecting to the internet so I didn't think I had to open the browser. Don't get me wrong, I tried to open the browser quite a few times but it always froze before I could even load a page.
I tried disabling the the wifi before I booted the cfw and then enable it after the cfw booted....that didn't work.
I kept getting the update nag as soon as I booted into the cfw and I always had to clear the nag before I ran ctrclient...but it never worked.
Then I got the idea that this nag was interfering with the connection to ctrclient on the 3ds end, so popped out the sd card and formatted sysnand. Recreated my profile, and connection settings. Inserted the sd and loaded the exploit. As soon as the cfw rebooted, I saw that the nag was gone.
I ran ctrclient and it worked...

I had originally created the partition on a 2 gig card, leaving only 1 gig for cia's. This was not enough so i went and bought a new 32 gig sd. I didn't realize at the time you could just copy the disk image over so I just ran format emunand again and reinserted my patched rednand. I then copied the contents from the old sd to the new sd. To install the devmenu I figured I had to run ctrclient once again. I ran the ctrclient and it worked first try again. I didn't receive the proper response code but devmenu did start working after that. Not entirely sure what happened but whatever, devmenu is working on my 32 gig sd.

These are the only 2 times that ctrclient connected and worked out of all the times I ran it and I ran it a lot...now that I think of it, those 2 times were the last 2 times I ran it.

If your 3ds is connecting to the internet without loading the browser, I wouldn't bother with it. Only if the internet won't connect automatically after the reboot would I try opening the browser....but im not sure why people are even having that issue. Mine always connected to the internet right after the reboot. Anytime I tried loading the browser it ended in failure and was just another hard reset that I really got sick of doing, so I stopped trying to open the browser..

Just keep trying.....:yaynds:

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya, mine was freezing. My 3ds was always connecting to the internet so I didn't think I had to open the browser. Don't get me wrong, I tried to open the browser quite a few times but it always froze before I could even load a page.
I tried disabling the the wifi before I booted the cfw and then enable it after the cfw booted....that didn't work.
I kept getting the update nag as soon as I booted into the cfw and I always had to clear the nag before I ran ctrclient...but it never worked.
Then I got the idea that this nag was interfering with the connection to ctrclient on the 3ds end, so popped out the sd card and formatted sysnand. Recreated my profile, and connection settings. Inserted the sd and loaded the exploit. As soon as the cfw rebooted, I saw that the nag was gone.
I ran ctrclient and it worked...

I had originally created the partition on a 2 gig card, leaving only 1 gig for cia's. This was not enough so i went and bought a new 32 gig sd. I didn't realize at the time you could just copy the disk image over so I just ran format emunand again and reinserted my patched rednand. I then copied the contents from the old sd to the new sd. To install the devmenu I figured I had to run ctrclient once again. I ran the ctrclient and it worked first try again. I didn't receive the proper response code but devmenu did start working after that. Not entirely sure what happened but whatever, devmenu is working on my 32 gig sd.

These are the only 2 times that ctrclient connected and worked out of all the times I ran it and I ran it a lot...now that I think of it, those 2 times were the last 2 times I ran it.

If your 3ds is connecting to the internet without loading the browser, I wouldn't bother with it. Only if the internet won't connect automatically after the reboot would I try opening the browser....but im not sure why people are even having that issue. Mine always connected to the internet right after the reboot. Anytime I tried loading the browser it ended in failure and was just another hard reset that I really got sick of doing, so I stopped trying to open the browser..

Just keep trying.....:yaynds:

So would you also say that formatting your sysnand helped?

Reactions: jarmster

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So would you also say that formatting your sysnand helped?
In my opinion, yes. but others have tried and it didn't work so idk what to think. I'm just sharing my experience. Your free to try ..;)

are you getting the nag as soon as you boot into the cfw?

MrCheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else have ctrclient appear to work, and yet still have Dev Menu not appear on the home screen? My sysnand's been formatted, if that's relevant...

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else have ctrclient appear to work, and yet still have Dev Menu not appear on the home screen? My sysnand's been formatted, if that's relevant...
did you create the db files on the sd so the present icon appears on the homescreen after you run the ctrclient.

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

The gateway downgrade took me to 4.2.0-9U. When I try to launch the 4.2.0-9U CFW, it works, but I cannot install BigBlueMenu or even DevMenu. It seems as if the program hangs for a bit, then says that the connection doesn't work. Immediately when this error message happens, the CFW freezes up whenever I launch something. It also crashes 1 minute in without launching the ctrclient. I have two questions.

1. Am I stuck with this buggy CFW? It doesn't seem like CFW is worth it if it keeps on crashing like this.
2. I heard 4.5 CFW was much more stable - is it possible to go to this version without purchasing a 4.5 game?

Thanks.

Edit: I did format - it had no affect on it.

jarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

The gateway downgrade took me to 4.2.0-9U. When I try to launch the 4.2.0-9U CFW, it works, but I cannot install BigBlueMenu or even DevMenu. It seems as if the program hangs for a bit, then says that the connection doesn't work. Immediately when this error message happens, the CFW freezes up whenever I launch something. It also crashes 1 minute in without launching the ctrclient. I have two questions.

1. Am I stuck with this buggy CFW? It doesn't seem like CFW is worth it if it keeps on crashing like this.
2. I heard 4.5 CFW was much more stable - is it possible to go to this version without purchasing a 4.5 game?

Thanks.

Edit: I did format - it had no affect on it.
It only crashes after you hold L and try to launch an app. If you don't hold L launching the cfw, everything works fine. You just need to hold L to install devmenu.

Any chance you could write a dual emunand guide aswell?

LOL, no. I thought i read a tutorial on here for that already

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...and-mt-cfw-on-the-same-sd-for-4-x-3ds.380787/

...if this is what your referring to.

Reactions: MRDOCA

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I didn't know about the save bug when I did this... I don't think I care to play through Pokemon and ssb over again... So how do I revert
the backup to sysnand?

At this point I might as well format sysnand and try all over again for devmenu just because but after that I think I'll go back to 9.2.

octocom

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys

I hope you don't mind me suggesting, but you should update the first post for connecting to the 3ds. for it to work 1: internet connection is required "tested lan only dont work" 2 soon as you boot into the CFW with left button pressed, press internet globe straightt away "required to active internet connect which in turn gives IP address, do it too late and cfw will freeze"

octocom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь