Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the spamming but one more problem with the 9.4 MT Emunand is that when i load up my retail games the games are in japanese anyone know why or how to fix this?

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed CFW via the DS exploit, works fine and such but is it possible to install perma-CFW EmuNand with it? (I am able to load the Gateway, MT and Palantine launcher)

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed CFW via the DS exploit, works fine and such but is it possible to install perma-CFW EmuNand with it? (I am able to load the Gateway, MT and Palantine launcher)

What do you mean with perm? If you intend making a permanent mod to the system firmware , the answer is no, because we don't have yet a valid key to sign custom code.

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean with perm? If you intend making a permanent mod to the system firmware , the answer is no, because we don't have yet a valid key to sign custom code.
i meant writing the custom fimware permanently into the emunand, as in you just have to boot up emunand and it will run unsigned cias right away without loading the ds mode exploit.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i meant writing the custom fimware permanently into the emunand, as in you just have to boot up emunand and it will run unsigned cias right away without loading the ds mode exploit.

Remember that emunand is a fancy name from Gateway, the correct neme shoul be redirected nand (redNAND as suggested by Smealum)

Emunand doesn't have nothing special respect the sysnand and the unsigned cias installed on emunand won't run anymore once in sysnand.

The patch that enables running unsigned CIAs are in the exploit that launch the emunand (the launcher.dat or in the code loaded by launcher.dat) so there is nothing that you can flash in the NAND.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting stuck with the blue screen at the end, and it never loads the CFW after teh white flash on the bottom screen

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i keep getting stuck with the blue screen at the end, and it never loads the CFW after teh white flash on the bottom screen

If it flashes white than nothing, then your emunand mayr be not set properly. Maybe you injected a Gateway emunand (that has the first sector switched at the end of the image) than a plain NAND image, that is what CFW needs.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so i should create an emunand from the mt card's loader, and not gateway's?

MT card and emunand are almost the same, you can load both emunand with indifferently one the two loader. I'm talking of CFW loader, that is the one with Cyan upper screen and flashing bottom screen.

With the GW you create only the unallocated space on the SD where is located the emunand, than you have to replace the GW emunand with a plain NAND image. Read carefully the tutorials please.

TheFlash-55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe update mt emunand to 9.5? I installed cfw 4.5 and emunand 9.4.If it's safe i should update from system settings right? (Just asking because of safety of my 4.5 sysnand.I dont want to update my sysnand accidently.)

herocis23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it safe update mt emunand to 9.5? I installed cfw 4.5 and emunand 9.4.If it's safe i should update from system settings right? (Just asking because of safety of my 4.5 sysnand.I dont want to update my sysnand accidently.)

I just did that. It's perfecly safe to update your MT emuNAND to 9.5!

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so I have a problem. When i try to run run.bat it gives me an error and yes I did put in the correct ip.
What was your error? Was it ctrclient cannot connect? If so make sure your computer can recognize your 3ds ip with that scanning app.took me many tries before run.bat worked.also make sure you load cfw when attempting

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to revert the backup back to sysnand? I mean the tutorial said it was the fail-safe so I assume there's a way to use it

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What was your error? Was it ctrclient cannot connect? If so make sure your computer can recognize your 3ds ip with that scanning app.took me many tries before run.bat worked.also make sure you load cfw when attempting

I think the error was something like that 0x000007.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1