Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

Furoris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we install CXI files as system titles? Would I install the dlc after hacking the base ROM?

The game I'm trying to hack is Fire Emblem Fates. Thanks!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we install CXI files as system titles? Would I install the dlc after hacking the base ROM?

The game I'm trying to hack is Fire Emblem Fates. Thanks!
No, CXI files have to be converted to .CIA for that. And that depends on what you change in your hack and what parts of the rom are updated with the DLC. IMO it's better to merge the DLC with the original ROM and build a .CIA that way.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

_Dh0ull_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey, i have a bit of a problem with the Toolkit9ds. I extracted a .cia file, but i don't get any "Extracted" folders like "Extracted romfs" etc. Instead i get a few (5) decrypted .bin files and thats it. I tried to use the romfsExtractor from the ExtraTools but i get "not a valid romfs binary".
I also tried to extract the romfs folder from the .cia with Godmode9 on my 3ds, but when i try to extract it to the /out folder i get "failed to copy" (or something along those lines). For the godmode9 part, i followed the guide on 3ds.hacks.

Thanks in advance.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i have a bit of a problem with the Toolkit9ds. I extracted a .cia file, but i don't get any "Extracted" folders like "Extracted romfs" etc. Instead i get a few (5) decrypted .bin files and thats it. I tried to use the romfsExtractor from the ExtraTools but i get "not a valid romfs binary".
I also tried to extract the romfs folder from the .cia with Godmode9 on my 3ds, but when i try to extract it to the /out folder i get "failed to copy" (or something along those lines). For the godmode9 part, i followed the guide on 3ds.hacks.

Thanks in advance.
Same thing happens to me too.

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to merge an update eng translation patch .cia with a .3ds game ive read that people have done it with this program but i cant figure it out, help

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed every tutorial and after 6 hours of headache i finally got my randomized Pokemon X to work by renaming the modified ".code.bin" that pk3ds creates to just "code.bin". Before i renamed it the game would crash before displaying the "Nintendo 3ds" logo.

I should mention I did this on a 2ds xl running luma as a cfw.
Make sure to change that file name because I don't remember reading to do so anywhere.

NohrNoble-Soleil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tyrunt.co.vu
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I used this toolkit to extract, patch, and rebuild my FE Fates Special Edition CIA, and as far as I can tell, everything went great! Your instructions were clear and I was able to follow along just fine! I did run into the missing .dll files errors, but solved it by following the instructions on this post. Thank you very much for creating this and sharing it with us! Super glad I don't have to deal with the menu and battle delays anymore!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I used this toolkit to extract, patch, and rebuild my FE Fates Special Edition CIA, and as far as I can tell, everything went great! Your instructions were clear and I was able to follow along just fine! I did run into the missing .dll files errors, but solved it by following the instructions on this post. Thank you very much for creating this and sharing it with us! Super glad I don't have to deal with the menu and battle delays anymore!
You can also download vcruntime140d.dll and ucrtbased.dll found at that dll site and put those in the same folder where HackingToolkit9DS.exe is in. This way, one does not have to necessarily download Visual Studio 2015 if it's too big or becomes harder to find.

For my Windows 8.1 64-bit computer, I use:
  • ucrtbased.dll - 64bit 10.0.10056.0 (1.70 MB - 8E6E4325)
  • vcruntime140d.dll - 64bit 14.0.24210.0 (128 KB - E726EE45)
The d stands for debug version; uctrbase.dll and vcruntime140.dll will not work with HackingToolkit9DS.

Chonkway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been at this for ages and it's driving me nuts. Most recent luma with b9s on o3ds with a clean dump from my cart. Everytime I randomize using pk3ds and rebuild using the toolkit my cia always becomes a different size (either larger by some hundred or even thousand KB or too small by a few hundred KB). ORAS and XY both do this no matter how many versions I use. Using game patches I can get X to work but only my starters are randomized and nothing else (although Trevors model was in place of Shauna one time and fennekin had no moves) In game text and all that stays the same even after randomizing it too. Am I missing something like an idiot or what? Used several versions of the ToolKit as well.

Chonkway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so models are randomized and music and all that (shauna was a team flare grunt) but nothing else is randomized no matter what I do

LuNyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1433597859-rh-gt.png

This tutorial will try to help you extract a 3DS|CIA|CXI file to change its content, and will also explain how to rebuild your game once edited.

Thanks a lot to Ericzander & BullyWiiPlaza for their help to translate this tutorial in english :)
(Because I'm French, it’s difficult to make a full tutorial in a good english...).
If anyone see any typo or something wrong with my english (in the setup, the script, the tutorial...) let me know!

Ce tutoriel est également disponible ici pour les français (Pas à Jours) :
This tutorial is also available here for french users (Outdated):
http://www.pokemontrash.com/jeux-pokemon/decrypter-compiler-rom-3ds.php

SUMMARY

- What you need
- Prerequisites
- Decrypting
- Extracting
- Editing
- Rebuilding​

What you Need
  • An encrypted 3DS|CIA|CXI file (It can either be a game, game's update, system application, but anyways not a DLC file nor a DSi Ware!)
  • WinRAR, or another archive extractor
  • HackingToolkit9DS -> Click Here
Prerequisites

Install the new SetupUS|FR.exe of HackingToolkit9DS as a common tool:

Extracting

Open HackingToolkit9DS:
180220062531406418.png

Don't forget, your file(s) should not have any spaces in its(their) name(s), nor special characters, like é or à.
You want extract PokemonMoon.3ds ? Just write PokemonMoon.

If you plan to extract a 3DS file:
Write the "D" command, and enter the name of your .3DS file WITHOUT its extension.

If you plan to extract a CIA file:
Write the "CE" command, and enter the name of your .CIA file WITHOUT its extension.

If you plan to extract a CXI file:
Write the "CXI" command, and enter the name of your .CXI file WITHOUT its extension.

Wait while it's extracting.

The ExeFS content will be extracted in an ExtractedExeFS folder.
The RomFS content will be extracted in an ExtractedRomFS folder.
The DownloadPlay content will be extracted in an ExtractedDownloadPlay folder.
The Old3DS update will be extracted in an ExtractedO3DSUpdate folder.
The New3DS update will be extracted in an ExtractedN3DSUpdate folder.
The Manual will be extracted in an ExtractedManual folder.
The 3D Banner will be extracted in an ExtractedBanner folder.

The work here should be ok.
Now you’re able to edit the game, go to Editing.

Editing

Do what you want.
Edit music, textures, banner, icon..
If you follow this tutorial, you know what you want to do.
Once it's finished, rebuild your game.

Rebuilding

If you extracted and plan to rebuild a 3DS file:
Open HackingToolkit9DS, write the "R" command, then enter the name you want for the output file.
180220070648442006.png

Enjoy!

If you extracted and plan to rebuild a CIA file:
Open HackingToolkit9DS, write the "CR" command, then enter the name you want for the output file.

180220071016489058.png

Enjoy!

Troubleshooting

Before report an issue, be sure:
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file is clean and not decrypted by Decrypt9 or GodMode9.
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file doesn't have any space or special character in its name (such as é or à).
- Your 3DS|CIA|CXI file is in the same folder as HackingToolkit9DS.
- You're not trying to extract the file in the ProgramFiles folder (where installed core files are).
- To write or don't write the extension of your file when specified.
- To have installed the setup package for your language (SetupXX.exe file).

Changelogs

180220062531406418.png

Version 12
- Fixed encrypted CIA rebuild process.
- Removed installation check.

Version 11
- Hotfix for .3DS rebuild.
- .CIA rebuild still in progress.

Version 10
- Added: Support for Boot9 extraction on PC. Absolutely no more decryption is required on 3DS.
- Renamed: Project is renamed HackingToolkit9DS for the occasion.
- Edited: Some strings, words and sentences has been changed.
- Removed: Temporarily removed the 32 bits support.
- Removed: Integrated 3DS Builder.
- Removed: Integrated Pokemon Patch Pointer Tool.
- Removed: Integrated RomFS Extractor.
- Removed: Integrated RomFS Builder.

Version 9
- Fixed CIA rebuild script.

Version 8
- Fixed MassExtraction and MassRebuild scripts.

Version 7
- 32bits support should be fixed (I forgot to include a 32bits build of MakeRom).

Credits and Thanks

Credits:
CtrTool : profi200 | 3DSGuy| Neimod
Makerom : profi200 | 3DSGuy
Decrypt9 : d0k3, Shadowtrance & Archshift
HackingToolkit9DS : Asia81
CleanTool9 : Asia81

Thanks to:
Megadrifter
Stratovarius
Reisyukaku
Guitoh
Weby
Apache Thunder
Ericzander
BullyWiiPlaza
Cellenseres
redunka​

Hello,

With the Tomodachi Life game, i've .bin files on the RomFS folder, but idk how to open it, nabody have a solution ?

CuriousSWSWSW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can also download vcruntime140d.dll and ucrtbased.dll found at that dll site and put those in the same folder where HackingToolkit9DS.exe is in. This way, one does not have to necessarily download Visual Studio 2015 if it's too big or becomes harder to find.

The d stands for debug version; uctrbase.dll and vcruntime140.dll will not work with HackingToolkit9DS.

I tried doing this and end up with this error:
upload_2019-3-22_17-56-19.png

Kyusetzu

Does Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You just saved me a LOT of stress my friend.
Thanks a bunch.
I'm literally crying.

NOTE:
Extracting with V12 and Rebuilding with V9 does not always work.
(At least not for Animal Crossing)

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

RagoXXXX

Trophies
XP
Country
I might need help with none-decrypted Cia roms, I'd like to use the decrypted for citra rom ;d How do I actually do that?

JayThePizza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do with my edited .CXI file when I'm done? I wanna play it on my 2DS, but I don't know how to put it back on my SD card so I can play it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    But also by the same token, I wouldn't mind if they had potato wedges instead :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Taco bell, and Mcdonalds both sold pizza, so its fair
    I knew of Taco Bell doing so, but Mickey Dees?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yea years ago, small personal pizzas
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, even tho they orig said they would, so I boycott them. (Except when drunk at 2am and Taco bell is only place open.)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking 4 wings and a small pan is $9
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Plus delivery, tip, and tax...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go and get it
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I go and get it +1