Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok guys, I need help working out the story for my game Twinsen

basically, here's what I have decided so far:
QUOTE said:
for some reason, Twinsen's planet's magical energy has been pushed to the surface, breathing life into everything (hence the plant enemies etc), after learning this, Twinsen sets off to visit his good friend and inventor Baldino to see if there's something he can do.
Baldino makes a contraption that absorbs the energy dispelled when Twinsen defeats an enemy into Twinsen's body.

as you can see, a lot is missing.
I want to keep the story relatively simple and non linear, so people don't have to collect all the energy, infact they can get by with collecting no energy.

so maybe something like, someone has pushed the energy to the surface so they can collect it, and whatever Twinsen hasn't collected, he gains it once he defeats this guy, but obviously, this guy's strength will be in relation to how much energy he has gathered, and how much Twinsen hasn't

what this means, is I plan on dropping the ant farm and the TV show aspect, they were limiting the level design and the way the story could progress.

so please guys, I need some help with ideas

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if...

while going to visit Baldino, he learns that Baldino has been "kidnapped" by some sort of those plant enemies. ( a much more powerful one than the others
happy.gif
) the quest is now to find Baldino. He finds him, and rescues him in a Mid-sized battle, and receives the contraption to absorb energy. But at the same time, the land has become much more overridden by the plant enemies. So, now to beat the Main plant thinger and save his land!!

Fin

biggrin.gif

.TakaM

.II
OP
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
hmm

nah, I need baldino there to explain to twinsen whats happened and to set up the story

plus the point system is put in place as an incentive to gamers to play the game multiple times.. you know, "what happens if I get all the energy?" "what if I get none?"

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He does meet him, and then sends him off to harvest the Energy with the contraption... THEN comes back to find he is gone!!
biggrin.gif

L

lastdual

To take a cue from the beginning of Shantae...

Baldino could have made an invention to collect the planet's energy for the purpose of good, but it was stolen by [bandits/pirates] who have plans to use the device for evil.

(This would explain why Baldino knows about the device, already has the know-how to make a similar device for Twinsen, and prevent the necessity of your enemy being a mad scientist a la Dr Light vs Dr Wily.)

The device wasn't finished, but the bandits turned it up to overdrive (imagine a gauge with a red zone at the end) causing it to go haywire and thus turn some of the peaceful creatures of Twinsen's planet to violence.

Twinsen must set out to stop the [bandits/pirates/etc.] and save the planet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu