Twitch comes to the Nintendo Switch

how-to-stream-to-twitch-from-nintendo-switch-hero.jpg

Twitch is now on the Switch, and once you're done being amused by both names rhyming or feeling frustrated that there still is no Netflix app, you'll be able to go download Twitch from the Nintendo eShop. Through the Twitch app, you'll be able to watch livestreams on your TV in docked mode, or view them on the Switch screen itself in handheld mode. It doesn't give users the ability to stream from the console, nor can you use the Twitch chat--instead, the Switch version will give you a QR code to open the chat on your phone.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but I doubt we have more than 2 more years left with the Switch and then they would have to make a new version allover again.

Imagine Netflix finally being announced, only for a new console to come right after.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch is Twitching, now. :P I wonder why they chose this instead of Amazon's other services? On the Wii U, it was Amazon Prime Video. For the Switch, it could have been iMDB TV or similar. Wait, free TV on the Switch? (thinks hard) Nah! Forget it; that'll never happen.

You know what it needs now? Xbox Game Pass and/or PlayStation Now. That would be AWESOME! :hrth:

Wario32

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Twitch is cool, but will we EVER get Plex on the switch? It would be so f@cking nice to be able to access my TV, and movie collection while away from home.
Yes please! I would love that - the PS4 had decent app for it

Reactions: 6adget

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Twitch is now on the Switch, and once you're done being amused by both names rhyming or feeling frustrated that there still is no Netflix app, you'll be able to go download Twitch from the Nintendo eShop. Through the Twitch app, you'll be able to watch livestreams on your TV in docked mode, or view them on the Switch screen itself in handheld mode. It doesn't give users the ability to stream from the console, nor can you use the Twitch chat--instead, the Switch version will give you a QR code to open the chat on your phone.

I just can't go back to watching twitch without the ads. But hey, at least they finally added another streaming service app I suppose. That said, this is one of the least favorable methods of watching streams that I can imagine.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Of course, it's better than nothing for now. But why is everything on Nintendo's consoles permanently incompetently implemented? Either something works the way it's supposed to, or they can go to hell with their crap.
This is why people hack their switch in the first place.

Also fuck their 200% markup bullshit.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: oh shiz something could be happening