Nintendo Switch firmware update 16.0.0 released, Atmosphere update coming soon

saddsad.png

A new update is available! Nintendo has just released a firmware update for the Switch, bringing it to version 16.0.0. The patch notes are pretty sparse, only offering a single specific change, which merely replaces unusable nicknames with "???". There's also some general system stability improvements, which unsurprisingly break support for CFW. SciresM has announced that a compatability update for Atmosphere will be worked on as soon as possible.

Ver. 16.0.0 (Released February 20, 2023)​

• User nicknames that cannot be used will be replaced with “???” which can be updated from the profile settings.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i downloaded the latest version of Atmosphere and Hekate.

Replaced the folders files on my sd card (made sure i made backups before i did)

booted into Hekate 6.0.2 fine, loaded atmosphere and got the same critical error. what am i doing wrong?

crazypete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some one please guide on how to update the firmware on atmosphere to 16.0.0? I can't seem to get Tegra to dump my firmware even after 30 mins sitting.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is everyone finding access to a OFW 16.0.0 dump? Darthsternie hasn't uploaded anything yet.

I don't know how to mess with emunand or anything. I'm using 90dns, so Nintendo's Servers are blocked, and I don't want to risk a ban. So I'd just prefer a link to the file.

EDIT: Found it!

Last edited by FirM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1