Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 0 experience regarding the 3ds scene....
Eshop content is dumped as nsp, that's sort like a setup file for windows, game is directly installed. The cxi files are Rom images of the game carts and they're being emulated as if they were real carts. Two different things.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though its not mentioned in the FAQ, I have a feeling that TX will implement a way to install .NSPs in the future since they are more safe than emulating a cartridge or maybe someone doesn't feel like buying a huge SD card to play .XCI files with.

Reactions: mmajunkie77

SoulOfGazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Even though its not mentioned in the FAQ, I have a feeling that TX will implement a way to install .NSPs in the future since they are more safe than emulating a cartridge or maybe someone doesn't feel like buying a huge SD card to play .XCI files with.

Won't ever happen

Max Louarn will grab the money and run he has a history of it

Don't be taken in my this being anything like the original proper Team Xecuter

The whole Team Xecuter team ceased to exist around 3-4 years ago and domain, forum and database was sold to Max Louarn

What's left of the Team Xecuter group including the previous owner is now at the cronusmax site

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Won't ever happen

The whole Team Xecuter team ceased to exist around 3-4 years ago and domain, forum and database was sold to Max Louarn

What's left of the Team Xecuter group including the previous owner is now at the cronusmax site
Please provide proof when calling people out.
I honestly don't know the history of this person, or, of true, that this isn't the same TX from oh Xbox days.
I would however like to see some proof when accusations are made.
Cheers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why would .NSP files be any smaller than .XCI?
Is it to do with the ROM trimming thing? Is there less dead space?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would .NSP files be any smaller than .XCI?
Is it to do with the ROM trimming thing? Is there less dead space?
.NSP are smaller because they are the dump of the actual GAME. .XCI are dumps of the CARTRIDGE (including the game). Cartridges come in preset sizes, depending on how big the games are. Of course, if your game isn't the perfect size, it gets filled with filler data to make up for the extra space. Once they are trimmed, they would be identical in size. So yes, you are right, it has to do with the dead space accompanying the preset sized cartridges and games not conforming perfectly to these sizes.

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea when the software will be released, and if we pay for it by paypalmor credit card will we be able to download it immediately.... Cheers guys

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a feeling that TX will implement a way to install .NSPs in the future since they are more safe than emulating a cartridge

Nintendo can easily detect either, each has pros and cons. I suspect they'll support them after they implement emunand.

SoulOfGazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Please provide proof when calling people out.
I honestly don't know the history of this person, or, of true, that this isn't the same TX from oh Xbox days.
I would however like to see some proof when accusations are made.
Cheers

Ask Garyopa if for once he can tell the truth

If not ask around about Paul Owen as he was the person behind Team Xecuter before he sold the interest in it to Max. It's hardly an unknown secret.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Won't ever happen

You tell them! God forbid they want to make some more extra cash down the road and add new features to a otherwise good product.

Oh, I also heard Max Louran is actually former Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima. Don't believe me? Max has 3 letters, and what does also have 3 sides? That's right - a triangle! And who's good at math and trigonometry, ding-ding-ding you guessed again the Japanese! Max you sly devil you, or should I rather say Mr. Tatsumi-san, your shenanigans END here!

Edit: Louran has 6 letters, that's the exact same number of nipples Hitler would have had if he had 4 more!

Last edited by guitarheroknight,

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You tell them! God forbid they want to make some more extra cash down the road and add new features to a otherwise good product.

Oh, I also heard Max Louran is actually former Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima. Don't believe me? Max has 3 letters, and what does also have 3 sides? That's right - a triangle! And who's good at math and trigonometry, ding-ding-ding you guessed again the Japanese! Max you sly devil you, or should I rather say Mr. Tatsumi-san, your shenanigans END here!

hahahhaha Half Life 3 confirmed

carlito1095t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cue The X-Files theme!

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know there are alot of TX haters out here, but the things you can do with their software seems neat. Looking forward to the release, did not pre-order of course, but will see if I pick one up later or go for Atmosphere.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Ask Garyopa if for once he can tell the truth

If not ask around about Paul Owen as he was the person behind Team Xecuter before he sold the interest in it to Max. It's hardly an unknown secret.
You do seem to have an idea on the scene of old. But I get the feeling you may be the old c4eva bullshit account that stopped by for a while. Spouting the same jargon. Time will tell if the product is supported into the future, but one things for sure, these guys have been around for a damn long time. If it all falls apart then people are down the cost of a game. So who really cares!

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I can't find the "new video coming this week".:mellow:

Nothing yet on that, but good news about people asking about trimmed XCI files

I can confirm the latest internal beta works great with apps like this one https://github.com/Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter

And they are busy working on more cool little features for SX OS to be ready for launch in middle of June. -- So stay tuned for more news!

So hopefully the video will be soon demo'ing some of these new features.

Reactions: jakkal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0