• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Most of this thread has literally been nonsense and false claims from “Pro-Lifers.” I am starting to believe that muddy water, attempting to control the conversation, and mental gymnastics is all they have
Again, dumb and disingenuous. The 14th amendment is not about abortion. Find another way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That, or get an abortion.
I literally can’t because I was born sterile
Again, dumb and disingenuous. The 14th amendment is not about abortion. Find another way.
Yeah my post literally didn’t mention that, so ok. You ignored everything else posted before this post.

Last edited by The Catboy,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I literally can’t because I was born sterile

So, biologically you are anti-abortion, but you identify as pro-abortion.... or you want to experience one vicariously?
I'm sure you can read about one somewhere.

Yeah my post literally didn’t mention that, so ok

That's the point. You seem to think that the existence of "pro-lifers" leaked a SCOTUS opinion.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's play Devil's advocate and assume that the anti-abortion camp is correct, and abortion is murder. Shouldn't anyone involved in an abortion therefore be put on trial for murder? There are at least two ways this could go:

1. If a woman goes to a doctor to get an abortion, the doctor should be charged with murder for performing the abortion, and the woman should be charged with accessory to murder for giving the murderer access to the victim (the fetus).
  2. If a doctor gives a woman a prescription for abortion medication, the doctor should be charged with accessory to murder for giving her the murder weapon, and the woman should be charged with murder for performing the abortion. The pharmacist is also likely an accessory to murder for dispensing the medication.

If you're against abortion on the grounds that it's murder, and you agree with this, then at least you're being logically consistent.

If you're against abortion on the grounds that it's murder, and you disagree with this, then you should probably question why you're really against abortion, because claiming that abortion is murder and then not wanting to prosecute the murderer makes little sense.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've never seen someone who is against abortions defend someone who performs abortions. Have you?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, biologically you are anti-abortion, but you identify as pro-abortion.... or you want to experience one vicariously?
I'm sure you can read about one somewhere.
That literally doesn’t make sense. I can’t get an abortion because I can’t get pregnant. That doesn’t mean I am anti-abortion and it’s a fucking stretch to make my statement anti-abortion.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That literally doesn’t make sense. I can’t get an abortion because I can’t get pregnant. That doesn’t mean I am anti-abortion and it’s a fucking stretch to make my statement anti-abortion.
Well, that's hilarious. I literally can't even. But I will try.

You're physically incapable of having an abortion. Biologically, no-to-abortion.

And that's the stretch, in contrast to the claim that the 14th amendment is pro-abortion.

If a petition could enumerate people's rights to an abortion, your signature would be much more effective, because your rationale is sabotaging the effort.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen someone who is against abortions defend someone who performs abortions. Have you?

life is nuanced, you might find the scenario to be fuck awful, but accept that it isn't your place to make a choice for them.

--------------------------------------------------------

most of the people who claim abortions are a persons main form of birth control has zero idea about the procedure itself and how hellish it can be.

i see misinfo all over the place, some examples are:

women get abortions all the time instead of using birth control (this is just plain stupid since abortions are expensive and PAINFUL)

women routinely get 3rd trimester abortions (also false since less than 1% of all abortions happen after 24 weeks in the USA)

1920px-US_abortion_by_gestational_age_2016_histogram.svg.png

an important point to make with this whole ordeal is that a bunch of states have tripwire laws that will kick in the moment RVW gets overturned, here is a handy dandy chart

rev-gpr23-graph-stateabortionbansbygestationalage.png

on top of all of this, the republicans have already started drafting a 6 weeks federal abortion ban that can be passed if they nuke the filibuster (which they can do with only 50 votes).

the legal argument that underpinned the RVW decision also underpinned access to contraceptives, gay marriage, interracial marriage, and others. so expect those to go out the window with TN already trying to circumvent the ban on gay marriage, MI already discussing banning contraceptives. this is all now in the realm of possibility.

Last edited by omgcat,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
life is nuanced, you might find the scenario to be fuck awful, but accept that it isn't your place to make a choice for them. most of the people who claim abortions are a persons main form of birth control has zero idea about the procedure itself and how hellish it can be.

i see misinfo all over the place, some examples are:

women get abortions all the time instead of using birth control (this is just plain stupid since abortions are expensive and PAINFUL)

women routinely get 3rd trimester abortions (also false since less than 1% of all abortions happen after 24 weeks in the USA)

1920px-US_abortion_by_gestational_age_2016_histogram.svg.png

an important point to make with this whole ordeal is that a bunch of states have tripwire laws that will kick in the moment RVW gets overturned, here is a handy dandy chart

rev-gpr23-graph-stateabortionbansbygestationalage.png

on top of all of this, the republicans have already started drafting a 6 weeks federal abortion ban that can be passed if they nuke the filibuster (which they can do with only 50 votes).

the legal argument that underpinned the RVW decision also underpinned access to contraceptives, gay marriage, interracial marriage, and others. so expect those to go out the window with TN already trying to circumvent the ban on gay marriage, MI already discussing banning contraceptives. this is all now in the realm of possibility.

You do realize that your response has nothing to do with what you are responding to, right?

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love how the "my choice my body" abortion fools forgot that slogan when the government was jabbing everyone in the arm, left, right and centre. The usual retort is "vaccination affects more than just the person getting it, it helps everyone." But guess what, I'm pretty sure an abortion also affects more than just the woman who is getting, like the dead kid and the father.

I'm not a fan of the tools who are pro life and against vaccinations, either. They are just as dumb and hypocritical.

I'm pro choice for both vaccinations and the useless jab. At least the abortion is actually effective.

My body my choice for everything!!!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lol I should have made a more obvious separator between a response to what you said and my contribution to the topic. I edited it, my bad.
Oh, ok. I get what you are saying on behalf of the practitioner who performs an abortion. But I was asking if someone who is against abortion has ever said it's ok to perform abortions. I didn't really understand the point of @AleronIves's post. If abortion is murder, then of course the persons conducting the procedure and handing the pills are an accessory. I don't think that people on either side of the issue would disagree. When people say,"no abortions", it is assumed that it includes giving them, lol.

I love how the "my choice my body" abortion fools forgot that slogan when the government was jabbing everyone in the arm, left, right and centre. The usual retort is "vaccination affects more than just the person getting it, it helps everyone." But guess what, I'm pretty sure an abortion also affects more than just the woman who is getting, like the dead kid and the father.

I'm not a fan of the tools who are pro life and against vaccinations, either. They are just as dumb and hypocritical.

I'm pro choice for both vaccinations and the useless jab. At least the abortion is actually effective.

It's easy. Different issues require different slogans. We don't actually know what they mean. They just sound cool and edgy.

Last edited by tabzer,

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, ok. I get what you are saying on behalf of the practitioner who performs an abortion. But I was asking if someone who is against abortion has ever said it's ok to perform abortions. I didn't really understand the point of @AleronIves's post. If abortion is murder, then of course the person conducting the procedure or handing the pills are an accessory. I don't think that people on either side of the issue would disagree. When people say,"no abortions", it is assumed that it includes giving them, lol.

It's easy. Different issues require different slogans. We don't actually know what they mean. They just sound cool and edgy.
Except both issues come down to the very same thing. Personal choice vs government control. Most people, yourself included, by the looks of it, are too stupid to realise this or they are so brainwashed to follow whatever their "team" is chanting in the streets to see their own hypocrisy.

You control what goes in your body and what comes out of it. Not the government.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Except both issues come down to the very same thing. Personal choice vs government control. Most people, yourself included, by the looks of it, are too stupid to realise this or they are so brainwashed to follow whatever their "team" is chanting in the streets to see their own hypocrisy.

You control what goes in your body and what comes out of it. Not the government.
I would tell you that I agree, but my social media-based clique of peace, love, and acceptance would ostracize me and then I would feel lonely.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: zfreeman

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Ideally one shouldn't build their entire ideology on slogans. Not getting vaccinated is indeed a personal choice and a personal choice one should be allowed to make. But doesn't make it a choice that should be respected or that people shouldn't push back on as it's a choice that does hurt more than just the individual. Those unvaccinated have a higher risk of causing harm to everyone they come in contact with. This is not the same as abortion because an abortion only affects the person having it. Someone getting an abortion doesn't cause the person next to them to have an abortion or miscarriage. These are not comparable issues.

Well, then you are in luck because it seems most countries only require vaccines for a select group of people, mostly those in the medicinal and government fields.
https://www.reuters.com/business/he...aking-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-2021-08-16/
There are very few countries that limit access for unvaccinated and those are in high-risk areas like gyms, shopping malls, and restaurants. There are only a handful of countries that are pushing to make it required for adults. The point is, this isn't as big an issue as people make it out to be.

Reactions: Dakitten

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ideally one shouldn't build their entire ideology on slogans. Not getting vaccinated is indeed a personal choice and a personal choice one should be allowed to make. But doesn't make it a choice that should be respected or that people shouldn't push back on as it's a choice that does hurt more than just the individual. Those unvaccinated have a higher risk of causing harm to everyone they come in contact with. This is not the same as abortion because an abortion only affects the person having it. Someone getting an abortion doesn't cause the person next to them to have an abortion or miscarriage. These are not comparable issues.

Well, then you are in luck because it seems most countries only require vaccines for a select group of people, mostly those in the medicinal and government fields.
https://www.reuters.com/business/he...aking-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-2021-08-16/
There are very few countries that limit access for unvaccinated and those are in high-risk areas like gyms, shopping malls, and restaurants. There are only a handful of countries that are pushing to make it required for adults. The point is, this isn't as big an issue as people make it out to be.

Go back to school and learn how to read. Not only did you not comprehend what you responded to, but your "source" shows the opposite of what you said. What a joke. I changed my mind. You will inspire many to have abortions. It may become a requirement and run, successfully, on donations.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

I agree that both issues (vaccines and abortion) should be a personal choice and not have anything to do with the government. You also brought up a good point in the previous post that abortions are just not the womens body as there is the male who impregnated her and the baby itself that are involved. I just think we as a society shouldn't be killing babies, but that doesn't mean we need laws legalizing abortions or making abortions illegal.

Reactions: zfreeman

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

You must be a special type of stupid. You literally typed word for word the incorrect justification for getting an abortion that makes it somewhat more acceptable than not getting the vaccine that I already have said is garbage. "Umvaccinated have a higher chance of passing it on...abortion only affects the woman." An abortion has a 100% chance of affecting the kid that's going to be killed and also the guy the impregnated the woman. The chance of an unvaccinated passing on covid compared to a vaccinated person passing on covid is nearly equal. And even if it wasn't equal, if you are scared, stay home. Be responsible for your own health.

Forced vaccines are a massive issue if you live in a place that implements it. What a stupid comment. It's like me saying this change of abortion law is not a big issue, just go fly to another country and abort away. And guess what, you are in luck as well, you can go live in many countries allow for abortions. No big deal at all /s.

Noone should control what goes in to your body or comes out of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, thats not orange thats blue