Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed Unity for free on PC to honor Notre Dame

assassinscreedunity.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity, 2014's entry of the series that took place in France, is currently free to download and keep on Ubisoft's storefront. In the game, you could visit the Notre Dame de Paris, a beloved monument which tragically caught fire earlier this week. Ubisoft is giving Unity away on PC as a sign of support for the city of Paris, and is additionally donating €500,000 towards assisting in repairing and reconstructing the 856 year old building. You'll have from today until April 25th to claim a permanent copy of Assassin's Creed Unity on Uplay.

Video games can enable us to explore places in ways we never could have otherwise imagined. We hope, with this small gesture, we can provide everyone an opportunity to appreciate our virtual homage to this monumental piece of architecture.

:arrow: Source

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proud of you, Ubisoft. You've done a great thing. And to those people who are bitching about the game, you're assholes. This is a sign of love and respect to France and it's amazing old cathedral. AKA Notre Dame. You're basically shitting over that.
So according to you if I dont like Uplay or Assassins Creed Unity garbage I have no respect for France or the cathedral that sadly burned? Just because its drawn in 3D in the game? LOL

Yeah right... Then I will start stealing everyone's cars and shooting everyone like on GTA because its in the game too:toot:.
Churches and cathedrals are more than just rock and stone. They are part of the (european) culture and history - enormous static buildings that tell a story about the past.
Yep totally agree...

In fact when I go to mainland basically almost the only things I like is really old castles and cathedrals, they even make my skin to crawl.

I visited one in Portugal that looked similar to Notre Dame kind of architecture, sadly we arrived to late it was closed, but just from the exterior and the HUGE doors and that vampirism like stuff made my skin to crawl and we feel like ants near that places jeez.

Last edited by guily6669,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT, one of my favorite things about this, is that people are complaining about a free game, and how they could a different game

They should have went with "Rape Simulator". I mean, that relates more to "Our Lady" than the French Revolution and assassination.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So according to you if I dont like Uplay or Assassins Creed Unity garbage I have no respect for France or the cathedral that sadly burned? Just because its drawn in 3D in the game? LOL

Yeah right... Then I will start stealing everyone's cars and shooting everyone like on GTA because its in the game too:toot:.

No, I'm saying being picky over what game they offer is being an asshole. Don't like it, fine. But you don't need to be a dick about it. It's a simple gesture of respect.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm saying being picky over what game they offer is being an asshole. Don't like it, fine. But you don't need to be a dick about it. It's a simple gesture of respect.
Why don't they offer it on the PS4\Xone then? Oh I know why, because they are using a big excuse to advertise their uplay garbage and trying to catch more players to install it, that is the problem, not the game or the fact that they are offering it...

Before this kind of offer they used to offer some of their games generally for all platforms just like EA, but this time they decided to give it only on their own exclusive platform Uplay where else? :)

Wouldnt mind adding it to the PSN list, but not installing Uplay just like epic, everyone wants to order me to install their garbageware if I want to play the games, well I'd rather pay for a cracked game with Epic\Uplay and Denuvo performance decreaser removed in first place.

Origin without origins'n oranges; Uplay, you don't play; Epic.......(Epic Fail); M$ - Micro$hit store (sadly this one is harder since it comes with windows:ph34r:).

Its just my opinion though, don't take it too seriouslyB-).

Reactions: gameboy

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why don't they offer it on the PS4\Xone then? Oh I know why, because they are using a big excuse to advertise their uplay garbage and trying to catch more players to install it, that is the problem, not the game or the fact that they are offering it...

Before this kind of offer they used to offer some of their games generally for all platforms just like EA, but this time they decided to give it only on their own exclusive platform Uplay where else? :)

Wouldnt mind adding it to the PSN list, but not installing Uplay just like epic, everyone wants to order me to install their garbageware if I want to play the games, well I'd rather pay for a cracked game with Epic\Uplay and Denuvo performance decreaser removed in first place.
because they have to pay a fee for that while on pc they don't. What is there not to get ? Has nothing to do with forcing people to install uplay. And they're right to do it like that. Don't be an entitled brat and just be happy that they're giving it to you free.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that would be the reason then I'm sure they are tired of paying that fee just like EA since a lot of their old stuff given for free was for all platforms (just not the exclusives from Uplay at the beginning to make ppl jump in just like EA and now the offers stop from both, now its time for EPIC fail)... But then again for this GREAT CAUSE Ubilolosoft is then not caring to pay the fee to give it on Xone and PS4 :wink:.

I got basically kinda premium on Star Wars\BF3\BF4 on all platforms since they gave it for all at the same time and also BF3 free, BF4 free even though I already had them all...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Churches and cathedrals are more than just rock and stone. They are part of the (european) culture and history - enormous static buildings that tell a story about the past.
As I said in the other thread about the fire. I hate religion, despise it even. But this Church is more of a historic landmark than anything for me. So I don't mind it. Just like the Çamlıca Mosque in Istanbul. It have historic value!

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same exact opinion, even though I'm supposed to be Christian, I actually don't have faith neither a religion at all, but I really like the historic places, wouldnt even mind doing the Santiago peregrination or whatever its called like in the movie "The Way", I really wish to make that road in real life.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It killed their families. As someone who uses it, I never had any issue with it besides it auto logining me out sometimes.
Uplay is much better now than it used to be. It was a slow, buggy mess. Now it just works well enough to put up with.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's 100% a publicity stunt. but giving money to help is still, ya know, something. not sure the church needs it, they're rich af, but the showing of support for the cultural heritage is nice. support for the arts is a good thing.
No its just 100% them doing the right thing and who cares its a 4 Yr old game

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No its just 100% them doing the right thing and who cares its a 4 Yr old game
Yes they are doing the right thing, but I still think they should have also given it on all platforms like they did so many times on different games, why not this time for the bigger cause?

Id rather get a no Uplay version on PS4 than Uplay version... even though I would not install it either :D. (Or maybe at least I could install it just to revisit Notre Dame Cathedral, check it all the way and then uninstall)...
So basically there is nothing wrong with Uplay.. It's just that it's not LORD AND SAVIOR STEAM! So you bitch like whiny little entitled brats.
What's wrong with Uplay is the same as the others... EA trying to sell oranges, Epic trying to sell you their Epic Fail moments...

If this goes on and on some day every single game on the entire planet even indies will all have their own exclusive stores and the whole PC full of garbageware instead of all of them focusing on a good all-in-one store.

M$ For example was rumored that they wanted to cripple steam store on purpose over the years just not completely kill it...

Anyway last time I fell for that crap was Bethesda Elder Scrolls Online, bought that garbage thinking it was like a Skyrim but online to play a few hours and uninstalled it, I just wish they had a refund option and even had their own exclusive garbage launcher which I don't even remember or care what's my account just like my uplay account.

GOG is much better, download a game, install it, let it update automatically and enjoy game at its best top performance without DRM garbage or apps eating resources on the background.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.