Ubisoft is giving away Assassin's Creed Unity for free on PC to honor Notre Dame

assassinscreedunity.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity, 2014's entry of the series that took place in France, is currently free to download and keep on Ubisoft's storefront. In the game, you could visit the Notre Dame de Paris, a beloved monument which tragically caught fire earlier this week. Ubisoft is giving Unity away on PC as a sign of support for the city of Paris, and is additionally donating €500,000 towards assisting in repairing and reconstructing the 856 year old building. You'll have from today until April 25th to claim a permanent copy of Assassin's Creed Unity on Uplay.

Video games can enable us to explore places in ways we never could have otherwise imagined. We hope, with this small gesture, we can provide everyone an opportunity to appreciate our virtual homage to this monumental piece of architecture.

:arrow: Source

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels like a marketing ploy more than actually caring about Paris

Good press for Uplay I suppose

I know they are a French company, but still

I think the donation alone would have been sufficient

Last edited by x65943,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Assassin's Creed Unity, 2014's entry of the series that took place in France, is currently free to download and keep on Ubisoft's storefront. In the game, you could visit the Notre Dame de Paris, a beloved monument which tragically caught fire earlier this week. Ubisoft is giving Unity away on PC as a sign of support for the country of Paris, and is additionally donating €500,000 towards assisting in repairing and reconstructing the 856 year old building. You'll have from today until April 25th to claim a permanent copy of Assassin's Creed Unity on Uplay.

:arrow: Source
Pffft. You couldn't pay me to install Uplay on my pc...

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
honoring notre dame by reminding people this was the worst launch of the history of videogames and one of the biggest scams in recent years, all the while holding the possibility of installing another client on your system, abusing the news cycle on a tragedy. a truly moving and respectful move from ubisoft. this is basically the most disrespectful game that was set in france, it's really something it becomes a symbol for the recent events

thank you, ubisoft, for your contribution to videogames, history, and humanity

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why this game got mixed reviews when released. I enjoyed the setting and no grinding gameplay unlike todays creed games. Ubisoft apparently made a 3D model of notre dame for ACU & will share the data to rebuild it. Ubisoft deserve praise for there efforts.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good, I'll get it.

I don't care for monuments burning or being destroyed. Nobody died. I'ts only rocks, wood and glass.

People with a whole lot of money to rebuild that crap but forget Idai hurricaine victims.

Hypocrisy all around, boys and girls.

Last edited by eyeliner,

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone who has criticised ubisoft in the last year then yr not allowed to download this

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
IDK why you guys think this is a bad idea - it's a decent way to honor the monument which is important to a lot of people even if you think it's "a bunch of rocks and glass and shit". The game apparently has a decent model of the monument. Even if it is just a PR stunt, which I am not denying it is or is not one, I am sure many people will find that it means a lot to them anyway. Plus they are also donating 500,000 as well to help the rebuild. It's likely not just a PR stunt. With Ubisoft being a French company it's likely they are legitimately concerned for this and want to help in anyway possible.

That's just my take.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No thanks, Ubi. You can shove that Uplay.
I'll just get myself the "DRM FREE" version.

On that note, stop spitting out a ton of ACs, and give me more 2D Rayman.
Origins and Legends were released more than half a decade ago already.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IDK why you guys think this is a bad idea - it's a decent way to honor the monument which is important to a lot of people even if you think it's "a bunch of rocks and glass and shit". The game apparently has a decent model of the monument. Even if it is just a PR stunt, which I am not denying it is or is not one, I am sure many people will find that it means a lot to them anyway. Plus they are also donating 500,000 as well to help the rebuild. It's likely not just a PR stunt. With Ubisoft being a French company it's likely they are legitimately concerned for this and want to help in anyway possible.

That's just my take.
Good on them tbh, Donating to a good cause. I'm just turned down by Uplay, and the fact it probably won't run on my computer

EDIT, one of my favorite things about this, is that people are complaining about a free game, and how they could a different game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste