Ubisoft reveals Assassin's Creed: Infinity, will possibly be an online, live service game

fersffds.png

After releasing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla at the end of last year, Ubisoft is already looking towards the future for the Assassin's Creed franchise. A new game is early on in development, and will attempt to "evolve" the series, Ubisoft has confirmed. The reveal of the code-named Assassin's Creed: Infinity follows a report from Bloomberg's Jason Schreier, who leaked the existence of the project, stating that insider sources claimed that the game would be an online game, with multiple playable settings and time periods.

Infinity will also see the first instance of Ubisoft's Montreal and Quebec studios collaborating on an Assassin's Creed title, bringing together the two teams who have previously worked on numerous different Assassin's Creed games throughout the years. Nathalie Bouchard, Managing Director at Ubisoft Montreal put out a press release explaining that Infinity will see the franchise change alongside the gaming industry, which implies the concept of a live-service, constantly updating Assassin's Creed as Schreier reported, though does not officially confirm such.

This change means we’re also evolving along with the video game industry. The pandemic and working from home have fundamentally changed the way we produce games, giving us a moment to reflect on our organization. Assassin’s Creed was born within the walls of Ubisoft Montreal and the studio built an incredible foundation for the franchise with the immense skill and creativity of its teams before Ubisoft Quebec then took the lead with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate and Odyssey, demonstrating its ability to drive the franchise even further.

:arrow: Source

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see how this is a good idea tbh
Because it’s not, it’s a blatant cash grab

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mark my words this is going to go down as the worst assassin‘s creed and it might kill the franchise at least till they eventually reboot it.

This is coming from someone who literally 100% in every single other AC game.( many with 80-100+ hours) Even the ones people don’t like like liberation and unity.

*Outside of Valhalla.
I’ve done a lot of it and so far beat the main line game but I’ve put it down with a little side content of left over, so I have some monotonous content to build back the muscle memory/relearn the mechanics once all the DLC in such as done and I pick the game back up I’m gonever they finally put the final nail in that coffin.

Then again maybe they don’t care, story-wise they nuked it from orbit when they killed off Desmond and haven’t tried to put forward a better narrative since.
I’ve put up with their more ahistoric and identity politics /SJW moments in the last few titles, all the additional grind they’ve added in since they started pushing the helix points and this was the last bit of news I wanted.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool +1