Status
Not open for further replies.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Nabster!

bow.gif

All installed ok via the online trucha install. I tried running trucha from the sd a few times the offline way and it wasn't having any of it for some strange reason.
unsure.gif

I swear i wasn't being a muppet mate and followed the guide i believe to the letter! Assassda had advised me before to use the offline guide on another wii as he said i have not downgraded/upgraded before. Still everything installed ok now i just got to do another nand and put on cios rev14 and some backup loaders........and yes......i can manage that by myself without harrassing you any further kind sir.

Thanks again for wasting so much time on pain-in-the-arses like me!!!

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
I think I found the reason why SystemMenuv418.wad is always corrupt.

this line in the bacth file is doing nothing:
Code:
if not exist 0000000100000002.%ver%.wad start /w nusd 0000000100000002 %ver%

this is the log i get from running
Code:
nusd.exe 00000001000000002 418 > log.txt
log.txt:
Code:
NUS Downloader Command Line v0.2 by wiiNinja. Original GUI code by WB3000
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
TitleVersion is specified. Retrieving version 418
Grabbing tmd.418...
NUS (404): tmd

Successfully downloaded the title 00000001000000002 version 418

I dont know what that means, all i know is 0000000100000002 doesn't exist after the command is called. No new files are made.
unsure.gif

If anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me

-thanks in advance

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys i have a problem with the online guide! when i get to step 8 and try to start the cIOS36_rev10 installer i get a black screen. I had it installed once but then it wouldn't load the IOS downgrader so i thought let's start over so i formatted the wii system memory via the wii settings menu. But now i still can't install cIOS36_rev10 and use the IOS downgrader. Anyone who can help me with this?

EDIT:

I have a nand backup, what happens if i set that back? will it wipe out all the things i've done after the step that i needed to make a backup?

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is it safe to make a NAND backup with bootmii on 4.0U with cIOS, Preloader, and Wiiware installed?

If so, I'll have two backups (made one at 3.3U following the guide here) I can use if need be.

Thanks!

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ok, just so i can be safe, can I use instead of the preloader for example the startpatch 4.1?

And does this guide work for trucha signed games? I only have 1 game trucha signed but still would be good to know that i can play it on the 4.1e menu cause i have still the 3.2e version on my wii with sarfall.

Do I have to uninstall the patches of starfall or just update with the guide?

And the last 2 questions.
I have gecko channel instaled will it be still there when i instal the update and still work?

And can I, when I install the update move the chanell to the sd card and then uninstal the chanel and can it then still work from the sc card?

Thanks for the anwsers in front and sorry for my english.

Kind Regards Minos55

antipode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, your guide is excellent and everything was looking really promising (I was doing it the online way), until the actual updating to 4.1 (I'm on 3.2U right now). Everything goes along smoothly until the downloading of the "Shopping Channel". It always stops during the downloading of content #67 with "ERROR (ret=-1)". I get kicked out of the updater, and the Wii remains on 3.2U. How do I get around this? I followed the guide exactly up to that point, and I know I have the space for the download, so I can't figure out why it would always die there. Should I start over with the offline guide? Sorry if this has been covered before.

EDIT: It looks like you guys covered this before - I'll mess with it some more and see if I can figure anything out.

EDIT: Here's where I stand now - I saw several suggestions a few pages back about this issue. So first I tried using DopIOS for IOS60 (step 12) BEFORE running the 4.1 update to see if that would solve the issue, but the update froze in the exact same place as before. So then I tried waninkoko's 4.0 update first, to see if that would allow me to run the 4.1 update (as I saw someone else suggest) and that was moving along and passed where the 4.1 update was freezing, but then IT froze when INSTALLING the Shop Channel (as opposed to 4.1 which always froze when downloading it) and in a different place (I think it was content #36 or something instead of #67). Now I'm stuck again, and I'd appreciate any ideas.

EDIT: Hooray! After pretty much just retrying the 4.0 update over and over, I noticed I was starting to get further and further into the update, and it finally finished! Then I was able to update immediately to 4.1 without a hitch, and finish the steps in the guide. I have no idea what caused this problem, but it sounds like a connection issue. It doesn't explain why it kept dying at the same place before, but I guess once I inched enough of the 4.0 update into the wii, 4.1 had absolutely no issues.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tripwire said:
hey guys i have a problem with the online guide! when i get to step 8 and try to start the cIOS36_rev10 installer i get a black screen. I had it installed once but then it wouldn't load the IOS downgrader so i thought let's start over so i formatted the wii system memory via the wii settings menu. But now i still can't install cIOS36_rev10 and use the IOS downgrader. Anyone who can help me with this?

EDIT:

I have a nand backup, what happens if i set that back? will it wipe out all the things i've done after the step that i needed to make a backup?

QUOTE(LufianGuy @ Aug 1 2009, 09:43 AM) 1. Is it safe to make a NAND backup with bootmii on 4.0U with cIOS, Preloader, and Wiiware installed?

If so, I'll have two backups (made one at 3.3U following the guide here) I can use if need be.

Thanks!

To both of you, think of a NAND backup as a system restore point. You can make as many as you want at any point in time and just back them up to your PC. (If you try to make one with the old one still on the card, it will overwrite it.) When you restore the backup, EVERYTHING on the system will be restored to exactly how it was at the time you made the backup (aside from any physical damage or something like that of course)

And to tripwire, formatting a Wii is not good and generally will not fix anything you have a problem with. You have more of a chance of bricking your Wii trying to format it with any sort of softmodding done to it than you do using most homebrew applications. If you want to start over, just start the guide over. Everything in this guide will pretty much just install over what's there already so it doesn't really matter what you've done so far.

Edit: Also to tripwire and to assassda as well, I think the problem you had with the cIOS rev10 installer might be a problem with how these steps are actually set up in the guide. Wouldn't the rev10 installer need the trucha bug in IOS249 first to be able to properly install first? That's what the point of the cios_fix.wad you had in the offline guide before was for, so something would be installed to IOS249 so rev10 can update it. But if you're just using the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the trucha bug in IOS36 then that shouldn't do anything to help the rev10 installer as IIRC rev10 doesn't allow you to choose what IOS to use as the more recent ones do. So I believe you either need to add a step to use the trucha bug restorer to ALSO install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS249 (leave the IOS36 step so ES_Identify is patched in properly for preloader to use to install) OR you could update the guide to use either cIOS rev13a or rev14 and have the installer use IOS36 to install.

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
SUCCESS!!!, for some reason, when i have the NeoGama-Forwarfer chanel installef, i can play backup from the main disc chanel, oh wells =] YAY thanks all. I now have 4.1E with preloader blocking updates ^________^

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nabster92 said:
Tripwire said:

EDIT:

QUOTE(LufianGuy @ Aug 1 2009, 09:43 AM) 1. Is it safe to make a NAND backup with bootmii on 4.0U with cIOS, Preloader, and Wiiware installed?

Thanks!

To both of you, think of a NAND backup as a system restore point. You can make as many as you want at any point in time and just back them up to your PC. (If you try to make one with the old one still on the card, it will overwrite it.) When you restore the backup, EVERYTHING on the system will be restored to exactly how it was at the time you made the backup (aside from any physical damage or something like that of course)

And to tripwire, formatting a Wii is not good and generally will not fix anything you have a problem with. You have more of a chance of bricking your Wii trying to format it with any sort of softmodding done to it than you do using most homebrew applications. If you want to start over, just start the guide over. Everything in this guide will pretty much just install over what's there already so it doesn't really matter what you've done so far.

Edit: Also to tripwire and to assassda as well, I think the problem you had with the cIOS rev10 installer might be a problem with how these steps are actually set up in the guide. Wouldn't the rev10 installer need the trucha bug in IOS249 first to be able to properly install first? That's what the point of the cios_fix.wad you had in the offline guide before was for, so something would be installed to IOS249 so rev10 can update it. But if you're just using the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the trucha bug in IOS36 then that shouldn't do anything to help the rev10 installer as IIRC rev10 doesn't allow you to choose what IOS to use as the more recent ones do. So I believe you either need to add a step to use the trucha bug restorer to ALSO install an IOS36 with the trucha bug to IOS249 (leave the IOS36 step so ES_Identify is patched in properly for preloader to use to install) OR you could update the guide to use either cIOS rev13a or rev14 and have the installer use IOS36 to install.

I already tried to start over but i still can't start anything but the trucha bug restorer and the hackmii installer i started loadmii and try to start the cIOS36_rev10 throught loadmii but also loadmii hangs when starting the installer. I tried the offline installer but wad manager freezes when i choose IOS249. Maybe i'm gonna set the NAND backup back and try this whole thing again.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tripwire said:
I already tried to start over but i still can't start anything but the trucha bug restorer and the hackmii installer i started loadmii and try to start the cIOS36_rev10 throught loadmii but also loadmii hangs when starting the installer. I tried the offline installer but wad manager freezes when i choose IOS249. Maybe i'm gonna set the NAND backup back and try this whole thing again.

As I mentioned in my edit the problem might just be with the guide having you run the rev10 installer without getting any trucha bug in IOS249 first.

So you could either try running this instead: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-14

And when it prompts for what IOS to use, use IOS36 (provided you successfully did the Trucha Bug Restorer steps.

OR

You could run the Trucha Bug Restorer again and run it off of IOS15 or 36 (shouldn't matter if 15 is downgraded and 36 has the trucha bug now) and go back to the IOS36 menu and change the install to IOS option to IOS249 instead and set the trucha bug to yes and install that. Then the rev10 installer might work. Although it shouldn't be freezing like that regardless. If anything it should just give you an error ret = -2011 or something like that...

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nabster92 said:
Tripwire said:

As I mentioned in my edit the problem might just be with the guide having you run the rev10 installer without getting any trucha bug in IOS249 first.

So you could either try running this instead: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios38-rev-14

And when it prompts for what IOS to use, use IOS36 (provided you successfully did the Trucha Bug Restorer steps.

OR

You could run the Trucha Bug Restorer again and run it off of IOS15 or 36 (shouldn't matter if 15 is downgraded and 36 has the trucha bug now) and go back to the IOS36 menu and change the install to IOS option to IOS249 instead and set the trucha bug to yes and install that. Then the rev10 installer might work. Although it shouldn't be freezing like that regardless. If anything it should just give you an error ret = -2011 or something like that...

thx man i have succesfully installed cIOS38_rev14. Should i now continue to the ios downgrade?

edit:

just started the ios downgrader it's working now!

edit2:

ios downgrader finished succesfully but now cIOS downgrader won't start just a black screen
it seems that nothing i try to run from the homebrew channel works can't start the trucha bug restorer ios downgrader or cIOS downgrader even the cIOS38_rev14 installer wont start now. I tried to start over again but the bannerbomb freezes on a black screen so nothing works, i also tried to run the hackmii installer via the homebrew channel also black screen!

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
minos55 said:
ok, just so i can be safe, can I use instead of the preloader for example the startpatch 4.1?

And does this guide work for trucha signed games? I only have 1 game trucha signed but still would be good to know that i can play it on the 4.1e menu cause i have still the 3.2e version on my wii with sarfall.

Do I have to uninstall the patches of starfall or just update with the guide?

And the last 2 questions.
I have gecko channel instaled will it be still there when i instal the update and still work?

And can I, when I install the update move the chanell to the sd card and then uninstal the chanel and can it then still work from the sc card?

Thanks for the anwsers in front and sorry for my english.

Kind Regards Minos55
any help here?

midgetone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i followed the guide perfectly and for some reson my wii is not updated dose any one know why i ran the 4.1 update given in the package and my system menu still says 3.2E ?

fookxixi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide strictly. However, when I reached 11) Run 4.1 firmware updater there was an error (-1036) showed up. So my system is still on 3.2U. What should I do next? should I continue or try something else. Thanks.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another question here....

Now on main menu (4.1e fw) i have an sd icon.
If i click on it and i have a sd inserted, the wii start to load from it, but it freeze!
I have used the same sd built for upgrading the system in offline mode.

What is the problem?

Onceler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble getting this to work,when I try to go into config by pressing home on the homebrew menu I then see the gears but my remote does not do anything,I cannot navigate to the gears to back up the NAND.Maybe it is frozen.
Thanks

insanepotato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au
XP
Country
Onceler said:
I am having trouble getting this to work,when I try to go into config by pressing home on the homebrew menu I then see the gears but my remote does not do anything,I cannot navigate to the gears to back up the NAND.Maybe it is frozen.
Thanks

Try a GC controller, i remeber someone saying something about a bug that stops wii-motes working in bootmii

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Onceler said:
Thanks

You are using boot2?
In this case the remote cannot work.
Use a gc controller or "power" button to navigate and "reset" button to select the item.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RobySchwarz said:
Another question here....

Now on main menu (4.1e fw) i have an sd icon.
If i click on it and i have a sd inserted, the wii start to load from it, but it freeze!
I have used the same sd built for upgrading the system in offline mode.

What is the problem?

Look on your sd card go into SD:\private\wii\title\ and there should be a folder called aktn. Delete that folder. That is bannerbomb and that is why it freezes.

Onceler said:
Thanks

Bootmii does not support the Wiimote and likely never will. For the IOS version of bootmii (the one loaded through the HBC), you HAVE to use a GC controller. Nothing else will be able to control it. For the boot2 version, you can at least use the power button to move right and the reset button to select from the Wii itself. This will not work in the IOS version though.

insanepotato said:
QUOTE(Onceler @ Aug 3 2009, 04:53 PM)
Thanks

Try a GC controller, i remeber someone saying something about a bug that stops wii-motes working in bootmii

It's not a bug, it just doesn't have access to the bluetooth module from it so Wiimote's never did and likely never will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1