Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the reply. I've tried 3 different SD cards (2 of them freshly formatted and empty, and all of them readable by the DSI) and no dice. No issues when Inserting them after boot, and my Homebrew entry (flipnote 122 taps method) works perfectly fine. So it's not a hardware issue, nor a bootstrap.nds issue.]
It's most likely some sort of hardware issue. My DSi has inserted SD Cards ignored by everything except homebrew (with the inclusion of Unlaunch and nds-hb-menu ignoring SD).

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely some sort of hardware issue. My DSi has inserted SD Cards ignored by everything except homebrew (with the inclusion of Unlaunch and nds-hb-menu ignoring SD).
That's interesting, but I guess it makes sense. Does using an SD in No$GBA work for your console?

Ht1499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, try this

First, save your nand for no$GBA and placeit in your No$GBA folder. There should be a zip in that same folder that's called dsi-1.SD or something like that. Open it up, place the file inside the zip in the no$gba folder, mount the file inside with osfmount, and add a Homebrew file there and name it bootcode.dsi (then unmount and close osfmount). Boot up the nand in No$GBA and test if the Homebrew boots up in that setup
Do you have an alternative to OSFMount? My version of Windows doesn't play nicely with it. Meanwhile, I tried No$gba (with the modified ulaunch nand) and I get greeting with the ulaunch splash then the black screen of death (an error has occured and power off your console)

EDIT to previous post: it seems that the Homebrew entry point doesn't work, after 122 taps, erase and paste, the system freezes. I will check if there's a problem with the boot.nds file (unlikely)
Edit2: Entry point is working.

Edit2: restored the unmodified nand to my DSi XL, tried opening the nand and saving it through Tempnand (as you suggested earlier), booted to hbmenu to install unlaunch, still stuck on the "FAT" loading.

Last edited by Ht1499,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an alternative to OSFMount? My version of Windows doesn't play nicely with it. Meanwhile, I tried No$gba (with the modified ulaunch nand) and I get greeting with the ulaunch splash then the black screen of death (an error has occured and power off your console)

EDIT to previous post: it seems that the Homebrew entry point doesn't work, after 122 taps, erase and paste, the system freezes. I will check if there's a problem with the boot.nds file (unlikely)
Edit2: Entry point is working.

Edit2: restored the unmodified nand to my DSi XL, tried opening the nand and saving it through Tempnand (as you suggested earlier), booted to hbmenu to install unlaunch, still stuck on the "FAT" loading.
I made a version of an sd image for NO$GBA for you here. Extract the file attached to this post to your NO$GBA folder, and open your nand in NO$GBA. see if it boots a blank homebrew menu (it's blank cuz the sd image has the homebrew menu but no actual homebrew)

If it hangs on NO$GBA, try installing unlaunch through TempNand again

Edit: Let me know if that doesn't work either (that way we can try other things to make sure that at the very least the nand works)

Attachments

• DSI-SD.ZIP
    4.5 MB · Views: 221
Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,
Reactions: Ht1499

Ht1499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a version of an sd image for NO$GBA for you here. Extract the file attached to this post to your NO$GBA folder, and open your nand in NO$GBA. see if it boots a blank homebrew menu (it's blank cuz the sd image has the homebrew menu but no actual homebrew)

If it hangs on NO$GBA, try installing unlaunch through TempNand again

Edit: Let me know if that doesn't work either (that way we can try other things to make sure that at the very least the nand works)
Tried it, there is progress (or at least I think). Now No$GBA gets past the Unlaunch splash screen and doesn't display the Black Screen of Death, instead both screens go white and I get a "CPU- Bad operation" popup saying this SWI required a copy of the GBA BIOS".

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if Unlaunch keeps freezing for me, do I have to wait until another version of the installer to be released and if so is it being worked on. The updating the dsi thing doesn't fix it by the way.

Ht1499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if Unlaunch keeps freezing for me, do I have to wait until another version of the installer to be released and if so is it being worked on. The updating the dsi thing doesn't fix it by the way.
Wait. If I manage to get it working I'll let you know. (I also had the same issue)

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. If I manage to get it working I'll let you know. (I also had the same issue)
what you using to install it. manual or a tool. ive used a tool called tempnand to help me and it worked like a charm. now i have cfw as well as a backup( a cfw's sdnand backup not a real nand backup) nand in case i need it

Ht1499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you using to install it. manual or a tool. ive used a tool called tempnand to help me and it worked like a charm. now i have cfw as well as a backup( a cfw's sdnand backup not a real nand backup) nand in case i need it
I used that too, and it installed correctly. The only problem I'm facing is that the system would be stuck on the unlaunch splash screen when booting if an SD Card was inserted. However if I insert the SD after boot, everything works fine.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used that too, and it installed correctly. The only problem I'm facing is that the system would be stuck on the unlaunch splash screen when booting if an SD Card was inserted. However if I insert the SD after boot, everything works fine.
it may be a problem with the card. it may be un recommended but my sd is formatted with fat32 instead of fat16 and everything works fine for right now. the only problem im having is that tia's won't install correctly.(most specifically srloader.tia won't show up in the dsi menu when installed to the sdnand.)

joshfrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know how sometimes unlaunch gets stuck at fat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you go to settings and delete all dsiware youve installed with twlfn then it will work

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you go to settings and delete all dsiware youve installed with twlfn then it will work
Really because I have Legends of exidia on my dsi from the shop. But I used twlnf to get has for it.

Swampat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude you are a god and others on the discord are thanking you man,ma.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i never did use twlfn to install dsiware i used the old fashioned way: decrypt the nand and manually inject it in there. good thing i dont need to do that anymore i have cfw with sdnand.
(thats how i installed sudoku hax)

Reactions: siamese

joshfrg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after I got hiya installed I could copy it back in settings from sd to system.

also when I installed with the guide it told me to open unlaunch through the homebrew launcher but that just froze it. So I renamed unlaunch boot.nds and it worked until I got to loading fat.

Ht1499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever replaced your SD Card slot? It seems that I have the same hardware issue, exept my SD Card is flawlesly detected by the DSi.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Using this tool is thoroughly unrecommended and has a very serious chance of rendering your system permanently unusable!

Do not use any bootcode exploits until RocketLauncher is released!

nvm it's all good now
follow dsi.cfw.guide
followed that guide. is the version of unlaunch in it the one that lets you enter data management safely?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo