Unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch released to the public

Last October, Lance McDonald had a working version of Bloodborne that ran at 60fps. He planned to release the patch, but wanted to wait a little while in order to give Sony or FromSoftware time to make their own official one for the PlayStation 5’s launch. After a handful of months and zero signs of a 60fps Bloodborne update in the works for the PS4 Pro or PS5, McDonald has made his patch available to the public. His mod, which was released on his Patreon, allows hacked PS4 systems and copies of Bloodborne updated to v1.09 of the game to run at a smooth 60fps, with the option to lower base PS4 resolution output to 1280x720. Gameplay of the patch running can be seen in the YouTube video above, courtesy of Digital Foundry.

I have build a utility that, when applied to a copy of Bloodborne v1.09 (the latest update), will modify the game engine in a way that allows most of the gameplay logic to run at arbitrary update speeds, increases the framerate cap to 60fps, and optionally lowers the rendering resolution to 1280x720.

Please be sure to decrypt your eboot.bin and if needed, "un-sELF" it as well. The file when viewed in a hex editor should start with "ELF" and be exactly 93667641 bytes in size.

:arrow: Source

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can't with disc version. you need to dump the game with app dumper (needs exploitable firmware), create a gengp4 of the dump, then lastly create the fpkg using the gengp4. I have a tutorial on it (I think) in pinky's ps4 tutorials. @KiiWii also has a tutorial. if you don't have the update needed 1.09, you can install it from one of the patch sites. most of those are official patches afaik, and have multiple old patches, and they'll work with the disc and can be dumped with the game at the same time. the config file by default dumps each game and patch separately. I don't know how this patch is being offered, so you'll have to use their instructions to add it to the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I dumped this game myself (the disc game) as it's one of the few games I own. worked without issue. I'm not sure if I had a patch downloaded. I'd have to look into that. anyway, discs and digital versions of the game are dumped exactly the same way.
THX, I indeed own a hacked ps4 and I mine is GOTY version (with all dlc on disc), dunno if the patch is compatible.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, but you can go here: https://orbispatches.com/en/

it has the CUSA id, so you can search for goty specifically. I actually bought this game after a friend, atreyu from psx place, convinced me to get it when it was like $5 on sale somewhere. it's his favorite game on the system. I think he even platinumed it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I'm not sure if my previous post is against the rules (the link), but it's official updates only, so you have to dump them to create a fake pkg. there's about four sites like that one, just have to look up ps4 or orbis patches in google. I'll remove the link if it's against the rules, but I figured that it would be okay.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can hack PS4 Pros? How?
Currently I just use the PS4 SaveWizard utility, which works fine enough for RPGs (coughPersona5cough).

yes, all that matters is software version when it comes to ps4 exploits. you can use save mounter instead of wasting a save wizard slot.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, all that matters is software version when it comes to ps4 exploits. you can use save mounter instead of wasting a save wizard slot.
Well, I meant that I used SaveWizard to edit save files, not anything else - because I know next to nothing about the Sony homebrew scene. 3DS and Switch I'm more familiar with, Wii to some extent (been almost a decade since I last bothered with the console with dysfunctional controls), Wii U barely any; PS2, PS3, PS4? Nada.

Never heard of "save mounter", either.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
btw, I'm not sure if my previous post is against the rules (the link), but it's official updates only, so you have to dump them to create a fake pkg. there's about four sites like that one, just have to look up ps4 or orbis patches in google. I'll remove the link if it's against the rules, but I figured that it would be okay.

How do you extract the pkg and how do you repackage the extracted files?

Could this work?

1. Download PS4 Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition pkg

2. Download PS4 Bloodborne 1.09 patch pkg

3. Extract 1.09 patch pkg (Make sure you enable the "List Contents" in the Extras menu so it extracts everything)

4. Drag the eboot.bin onto UnfSelf.exe to correct the eboot size

5. Patch the 1.09 patch (run the 720.exe file)

6. Repackage the 1.09 patch into a pkg file (I followed this guide from 8:30 onwards )

7. Install the game

8. Install the patch

9. PROFIT???

Last edited by grubgrub,
Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably. you can extract the pkg with ps4 pkg viewer or orbis-pub-chk. you have to modify some things with the latter, but the former will be in perfect condition to be repkg'd.

btw, the passcode for a fake pkg game is always all 0s (32 of them to be exact).

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
probably. you can extract the pkg with ps4 pkg viewer or orbis-pub-chk. you have to modify some things with the latter, but the former will be in perfect condition to be repkg'd.

btw, the passcode for a fake pkg game is always all 0s (32 of them to be exact).

Thanks for the reply,
I used pkg viewer to extract the patch, but i dont see the eboot.bin
Is there something else im suppose to do to get this file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like I did dump that patch. I have it. here's the eboot.bin's location:

upload_2021-2-10_8-20-11.png

Reactions: grubgrub

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
looks like I did dump that patch. I have it. here's the eboot.bin's location:

View attachment 245883

Thanks, i realised i was not extracting everything as i did not enable the "List Contents" in the Extras menu.

Now i have another issue, im getting an error when patching the eboot from the patch.
It says the file size is not correct at all

upload_2021-2-10_22-34-23.png

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Now you have to unfself the eboot.bin to have the correct size ;)
then you apply the .exe

Awesome, thanks for that. It says it was sucessful

How do i package t he patch it up again into a pkg file?

I tried using PS4 package viewer but not too sure what to do

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, use selfutil instead of unfself. according to notzecoxao, unfself is known to corrupt eboot files, especially when backporting. he suggests selfutil. I don't think you need to reself the eboot. it doesn't mention that. it says to pkg the game after modifying the elf. make sure it's renamed to eboot.bin or the patch won't work. also, if you can't find orbis, look in my backing up games' tutorial. I mention the twitter that contains it, the latest one afaik, though there may be one even later.

Reactions: grubgrub

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
also, use selfutil instead of unfself. according to notzecoxao, unfself is known to corrupt eboot files, especially when backporting. he suggests selfutil. I don't think you need to reself the eboot. it doesn't mention that. it says to pkg the game after modifying the elf. make sure it's renamed to eboot.bin or the patch won't work. also, if you can't find orbis, look in my backing up games' tutorial. I mention the twitter that contains it, the latest one afaik, though there may be one even later.

Thanks! Just finished packing it up, but used unfself, Seems to have worked.

Will go back now and use selfutil

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's what they do the best, pass the buck.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Insurance is a thing adults have to blow off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insurance is one those things you pay all your life for, no questions asked, all is fine, they take your money. And as soon as you make a claim or something happens, they never want to payout or help, just fight you on everything if it cost them any of your money.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never had a car accident, but I bet I've paid thousands/ million into car insurance that ill never see a dime of prob. Is crazy, but its the law.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Liability, drive a old car fuck all that over priced fancy crap
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you buy a new car, or have a bank loan on it, you have to have full coverage, but yea its a racket
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    u guys on crack? I got in auto accident and insurance paid $6500 to fix my car. they don't pay? whatever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But think about how much you have paid them over the years, prob way more than 6500, but that's life, not like we have a choice. Gotta have to cover your ass.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You probably drive some fancy dandy electric car that the salesman told you would get you bitches
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He drives a BMW or Benz I think I remember him talking about a $500 oil change
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The secret sauce is, they raise your rates after an accident. You get to pay them back lol
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    volkswagen beetle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi couldn't pay hospital bills lol.
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look...