Unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch released to the public

Last October, Lance McDonald had a working version of Bloodborne that ran at 60fps. He planned to release the patch, but wanted to wait a little while in order to give Sony or FromSoftware time to make their own official one for the PlayStation 5’s launch. After a handful of months and zero signs of a 60fps Bloodborne update in the works for the PS4 Pro or PS5, McDonald has made his patch available to the public. His mod, which was released on his Patreon, allows hacked PS4 systems and copies of Bloodborne updated to v1.09 of the game to run at a smooth 60fps, with the option to lower base PS4 resolution output to 1280x720. Gameplay of the patch running can be seen in the YouTube video above, courtesy of Digital Foundry.

I have build a utility that, when applied to a copy of Bloodborne v1.09 (the latest update), will modify the game engine in a way that allows most of the gameplay logic to run at arbitrary update speeds, increases the framerate cap to 60fps, and optionally lowers the rendering resolution to 1280x720.

Please be sure to decrypt your eboot.bin and if needed, "un-sELF" it as well. The file when viewed in a hex editor should start with "ELF" and be exactly 93667641 bytes in size.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Just finished packing it up, but used unfself, Seems to have worked.

Will go back now and use selfutil

not 100%, but I think microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 redistributable may be a dependency for selfutil. it will be eboot.elf after using it instead of eboot.bin-decrypted (if that even matters). I haven't tested the game, probably won't. anyway, notzecoxao mostly mentions it affecting backports, but I'd think unselfing the file would affect anything if you were going to edit it.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
not 100%, but I think microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 redistributable may be a dependency for selfutil. it will be eboot.elf after using it instead of eboot.bin-decrypted (if that even matters). I haven't tested the game, probably won't. anyway, notzecoxao mostly mentions it affecting backports, but I'd think unselfing the file would affect anything if you were going to edit it.

I tried the selfutil and it creates the eboot.elf as you mentioned.

I tried renaming it to eboot.bin and ran the 720p.exe but got the error that the size is not correct.

I'll try installing the game and patch tomorrow with the unfself eboot that i created earlier

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see what it does for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's possible that it's working, but the person who developed the patch used unfself to determine file size. I'm keeping both.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@grubgrub , here's that tweet. he specifically says backports, but I'd think it would be true of anything. I think the dev behind the 60fps patch just used unfself. they may not use the same algorithm to decrypt the self, so that's why it's probably coming out with different sizes:

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1285371773756813313

cl4ssik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if anyone have already test both 720p and 1080p patch ?

I just have a [Warn] log when rebuilding the package file with the 720p file :
"Format of the elf is not valid. (Warning) (eboot.bin, already stripped, which must not be stripped )"

but i think it's normal

Last edited by cl4ssik,

cl4ssik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Arghhh it works great !! Thanks to Lance McDonald you are fantastic !

9oe4iUT.jpg

Last edited by cl4ssik,

GoesOnGhost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I could use some help. I've dumped the game and patch using the dumper through darkmoddervc and I got the game and the patch. I tried running the 720 exe but I got the incorrect file size error for the eboot.bin. I looked through this thread and I saw that I had to use UnfSelf or SelfUtil for the eboot which I tried, but I just get this error for UnfSelf and then SelfUtil. I'm really unsure of what to do next because Google search has turned up nothing for these error messages. I would really appreciate any guidance with this. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• unf.png
    unf.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 200
  • selfutil.png
    selfutil.png
    8 KB · Views: 199

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys I could use some help. I've dumped the game and patch using the dumper through darkmoddervc and I got the game and the patch. I tried running the 720 exe but I got the incorrect file size error for the eboot.bin. I looked through this thread and I saw that I had to use UnfSelf or SelfUtil for the eboot which I tried, but I just get this error for UnfSelf and then SelfUtil. I'm really unsure of what to do next because Google search has turned up nothing for these error messages. I would really appreciate any guidance with this. Thank you in advance

Did you drag the eboot.bin files onto UnfSelf.exe or onto SelfUtil.exe?

Thats what i read here

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/unfs...files-by-dimosgsxr-selfutil-by-znullptr.5891/

upload_2021-2-11_7-48-47.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

don't do both. unfself is apparently what Lance used, so use that, then use the patch on the game. I never tested mine, but it went through. that's where I stopped. I'm using my own dump as well, which is fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, @grubgrub , that may not install (if you have a later version). I don't think you need to install anything while on windows 10 for unfself, but you may have to with selfutil. I did the 2015-3019 redistributable. selfutil wouldn't open otherwise. it said it was incompatible with my system.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey again
Im a nub at the ps4 scene, but
Finally got the 7.02 exploit to load on the ps4.
I see that the online guides say to use fat 32 to to install the pkg files.
But bloodborne game of the year edition pkg is 29gb
What will be the easy way to install this to the ps4?

EDIT1:
Ok got remote package installer to do something
Transfering now

EDIT2:
Ok got the game to install, and it starts up fine

But when i install my patch it has an error stating it has been corrupted.
"Cannot continue using the application.
The date for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the home screen."

Anyone else solved this issue?

I couldnt get it to work :'(

EDIT3:
Ok, i downloaded someone elses 720p 60fps patch, it tried to install but then gives error CE-36434-0 when it finishes trying to install.
Now im totally at a loss, the only option will be to install the GOTY edition and 1.09 patch, then dump the game and patch, and use the 720p 60fps patch on the eboot.bin, then repackage it, then install it.

Having difficulties on finding guides on how to dump a game.

Last edited by grubgrub,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again

EDIT1:
Transfering now

EDIT2:

The date for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the home screen."

EDIT3:
Ok, i downloaded someone elses 720p 60fps patch, it tried to install but then gives error CE-36434-0 when it finishes trying to install.
Now im totally at a loss, the only option will be to install the GOTY edition and 1.09 patch, then dump the game and patch, and use the 720p 60fps patch on the eboot.bin, then repackage it, then install it.

if you got an error at the end of the install, you probably have to remarry the update with duxa.

GoesOnGhost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I figured it out and was a really dumb mistake. I was using the 720 exe on the app eboot instead of the patch. Took me like 25 hours to figure that :( I appreciate those who offered me help though.

Hey again

EDIT1:
Transfering now

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

Try this video thats what i used.

Reactions: grubgrub

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I figured it out and was a really dumb mistake. I was using the 720 exe on the app eboot instead of the patch. Took me like 25 hours to figure that :( I appreciate those who offered me help though.
Did you have to reencrypt the eboot?

Try this video thats what i used.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, will try that now
Im also dumping the game just incase need to do the whole process

you won't have to redump the game. in fact, that will also require duxa anyway. every dump must be remarried unless both game and patch came from the same dump. it doesn't matter if it's the same account or system. it has to be the same dump.

I'm trying to figure out if the patch has to be reencrypted. there's no mention of this anywhere. I didn't test my patched eboot, since the original game is already on my system. I'm just thinking about your post where you say that it error'd after you repackaged the game.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you won't have to redump the game. in fact, that will also require duxa anyway. every dump must be remarried unless both game and patch came from the same dump. it doesn't matter if it's the same account or system. it has to be the same dump.

I'm trying to figure out if the patch has to be reencrypted. there's no mention of this anywhere. I didn't test my patched eboot, since the original game is already on my system. I'm just thinking about your post where you say that it error'd after you repackaged the game.

Yea ,when i make my own 720p patch, and try to install it the ps4 says "the same content has already been installed. do you want to continue installing"

When I continue installing it looks like it installs correctly with no errors, however the entire bloodborne file size per storage is now 187mb. Which means that my patch completely overwrites the game :|
And it says the game is corrupted when i try to run it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what happened. You need to have patch at the end of the title id when you use gengp4. You also need the base pkg.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok finally got it working:

Make sure you backup your bloodborne save game somehow, mine got corrupted from my earlier shenanigans, so I have to start a new game.

-install the game (pkg of the GOTY edition downloaded from the internet)

-install the official patch 1.09 (also downloaded with the game above)

-downloaded the 720p 60 fps patch that created by another user

-used Duxa on the downlaoded 720p 60fps patch that was from another user (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ackager-by-duxa-aka-chrushev-v6-22-18.508723/)

-install the 720p 60 fps patch created by Duxa

-PROFIT!!

Last edited by grubgrub,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...