Unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch released to the public

Last October, Lance McDonald had a working version of Bloodborne that ran at 60fps. He planned to release the patch, but wanted to wait a little while in order to give Sony or FromSoftware time to make their own official one for the PlayStation 5’s launch. After a handful of months and zero signs of a 60fps Bloodborne update in the works for the PS4 Pro or PS5, McDonald has made his patch available to the public. His mod, which was released on his Patreon, allows hacked PS4 systems and copies of Bloodborne updated to v1.09 of the game to run at a smooth 60fps, with the option to lower base PS4 resolution output to 1280x720. Gameplay of the patch running can be seen in the YouTube video above, courtesy of Digital Foundry.

I have build a utility that, when applied to a copy of Bloodborne v1.09 (the latest update), will modify the game engine in a way that allows most of the gameplay logic to run at arbitrary update speeds, increases the framerate cap to 60fps, and optionally lowers the rendering resolution to 1280x720.

Please be sure to decrypt your eboot.bin and if needed, "un-sELF" it as well. The file when viewed in a hex editor should start with "ELF" and be exactly 93667641 bytes in size.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok finally got it working:

Make sure you backup your bloodborne save game somehow, mine got corrupted from my earlier shenanigans, so I have to start a new game.

-install the game (pkg of the GOTY edition downloaded from the internet)

-install the official patch 1.09 (also downloaded with the game above)

-downloaded the 720p 60 fps patch that created by another user

-used Duxa on the downlaoded 720p 60fps patch that was from another user (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ackager-by-duxa-aka-chrushev-v6-22-18.508723/)

-install the 720p 60 fps patch created by Duxa

-PROFIT!!

your save may have gotten corrupted for not having the game's keystone file. it's only a part of the base game (not update). you have to inject it into the base pkg, but the base pkg must be modifiable from before creating the pkg (it's a checkbox). that's one reason it's best to backup your own games, that way you can get the keystone. a lot of people either don't know or just don't supply the keystone. most of the time, it says if a game contains original keystone on sites. if it doesn't, the legit save will come up corrupted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I figured out how to backport games with hex changes. it doesn't sound that hard, but I still don't know if you have to reencrypt the selfs or modules. no one mentions this, and I think we now know what caused corruption on your end. the patch game looks like this when dumped:

upload_2021-2-11_20-44-14.png

as you can see, it says -patch, starting with title id. I don't know if it can just tell from the param.sfo, but you need the base game to create a patch due to the fact that they have to be married to each other or you'll get that error you got originally.

Reactions: grubgrub

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the many reasons I'm pro homebred, there's so many talented individuals.

It's ridiculous that big corps piss in the face of loyal consumers, who willingly give then so much money.

In this instance I doubt it was a hard task (not to take away from the excellent work the dev has done, Lance McDonald's a star, giving people things they want and need).

Big corps are just too comfortable having too much power. I'm not a fan of Sony either personally (no fanboy hate), their history is littered with anti-consumer bulls**t, amongst a load of other trashy things they've done.

Reactions: cl4ssik

bcass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm at the point where I have a base game + (unmodified) 1.09 patch that match, with both installed onto my jailbroken PS4 Pro and the game running, which means that base game + patch match. Am I correct in thinking that I can just apply the 60fps patch to my 1.09 update file as per the guide below and simply reapply the modified patch to the installed base game?

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm at the point where I have a base game + (unmodified) 1.09 patch that match, with both installed onto my jailbroken PS4 Pro and the game running, which means that base game + patch match. Am I correct in thinking that I can just apply the 60fps patch to my 1.09 update file as per the guide below and simply reapply the modified patch to the installed base game?

I think that you may have to use duxa repackager to marry the 720p 60fps update to your base game pkg. This will create a new update pkg file that matches you game installation.
When you use the program, you select the 720p 60fps update and select the base game, it then creates the new update file.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ackager-by-duxa-aka-chrushev-v6-22-18.508723/

moguliam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok finally got it working:

Make sure you backup your bloodborne save game somehow, mine got corrupted from my earlier shenanigans, so I have to start a new game.

-install the game (pkg of the GOTY edition downloaded from the internet)

-install the official patch 1.09 (also downloaded with the game above)

-downloaded the 720p 60 fps patch that created by another user

-used Duxa on the downlaoded 720p 60fps patch that was from another user

-install the 720p 60 fps patch created by Duxa

-PROFIT!!

I am trying to do the same but when i use the Duxa Repackager I get the following error: "ERROR 4.2: File mismatch"

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
So someone decided to make bloodborne into something playable because From Software doesn´t even cared about Bloodborne ever.

Color me surprised. I will try the patch and if it is stable enough I might give bloodborne another chance. This game is awful at 30 fps. Even dark souls 2 had better feel.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never heard of the mismatch error. did you apply the patch to your own dump? if you used the base game to make the patch, I don't think you need duxa, because they're already married to each other.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have success. you do not have to reencrypt it:

20210213_133044.jpg

fyi @grubgrub . it took a while to make the gengp4 and pkg, because there are thousands of map files. I didn't have to use duxa either, since I used the originally-dumped, base pkg. no errors or anything.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
we have success. you do not have to reencrypt it:

View attachment 246435

fyi @grubgrub . it took a while to make the gengp4 and pkg, because there are thousands of map files. I didn't have to use duxa either, since I used the originally-dumped, base pkg. no errors or anything.

Awesome! great stuff

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone tried this with 60fps 1080p on a Pspro yet? I only got around to trying the 720p version.

I don't own a pro, but I used the 1080p patch on my dump. I'm using a phat too. the fan didn't kick up in speed from what little I tried (to the title screen) if that's your worry.

Saladdogder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I
I don't own a pro, but I used the 1080p patch on my dump. I'm using a phat too. the fan didn't kick up in speed from what little I tried (to the title screen) if that's your worry.
Nah I was just wondering if it was worth trying given that the pro should have a bit more power, anyways thanks for the reply!

Saladdogder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Come on, 1080p 60fps anyone? I can't find any video footage of actual 1080p 60fps, only bait videos of people who edited with doubled frame rates for clicks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the 1080p patch, but I only took a picture of the title screen, where it mentions the patch. Video may or may not be good with my new phone.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Come on, 1080p 60fps anyone? I can't find any video footage of actual 1080p 60fps, only bait videos of people who edited with doubled frame rates for clicks.
I mean...did you not watch the video in the OP? They test the 1080p60fps patch and show gameplay footage multiple times throughout.

<

But the PS4 is not powerful enough to push 60fps at 1080p, nor is the PS4 Pro, as the CPU in both are too trash to pull it off and that's currently what's limiting framerate with the engine used in Bloodborne. You won't find any legit 1080p@60 videos because it just can't be done without better hardware.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Saladdogder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did watch it several times, but funnily enough they just focused on the base ps4 and didn't even mention the ps4pro.

I can understand that the majority of players have a normal ps4 but being digital foundry and all, I would expect them to test a pro as well as they are usually really thorough with their test otherwise.

I figured someone would've tried it on a ps4pro by now and make a video of it, I mean people have made videos of much less interesting things and thought it was worth uploading. I guess I'll have to do it "for science" and if I find the means to capture it in a decent way, I'll share it.

I used the 1080p patch, but I only took a picture of the title screen, where it mentions the patch. Video may or may not be good with my new phone.
Thank you very much for the offer but that won't bother you with that :D I wanted to see if someone actually bothered trying out the new patch with 1080p on a ps4pro. I guess I'll have to be that person. :)

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played