Unpopular Opinions Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryoraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't for numerous reasons. The first reason is: people don't learn from history, or they think past accounts of history aren't legitimate, or leftists attempt to erase or censor history, or they think 'this time will be different', and the people are required to experience lessons firsthand to see the effects.

The second is complexity theory. A system requires an ever increasing amount of inputs to keep functioning but the ability to apply those inputs either deteriorates or the payoff in doing so becomes nill, so it doesn't happen. The system then reverts to a lower complexity level, typically with something like a dark ages sweeping out the previous stuff.

A lot of these Nazi-scientist-like, government round table groups like the Club of Rome and others claim the Earth's sustainable carrying capacity is 500 million people and they want to cull off the billions of others. Even if you want this to happen and acknowledge dark ages are cyclical, allowing or attempting to force a new dark ages could wipe out humanity in the process, never to recover. So the cure is even worse than the disease.
Okay, you've lost me now.

The level of soy men in this thread seems about right for anything that involves discussion of Nintendo products. I assume that's where you all ventured in from?

SVBu6yJ.png
Har Har funny reddit meme, ok troll

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, you've lost me now.
Har Har funny reddit meme, ok troll
Honestly the real saint here is you, good forumgoer, for keeping it together amongst this sea of... Um... Enlightenment..?

Your patience is unmatched, and I salute you.

D

Deleted User

4:3 is a better aspect ratio for portable devices than 16:9, 18:9 and 21:9, i'd say its also better at most applications for monitors and tvs too

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Cryoraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly the real saint here is you, good forumgoer, for keeping it together amongst this sea of... Um... Enlightenment..?

Your patience is unmatched, and I salute you.
I just don't react emotionally or try to deconstruct these people's arguments anymore. What I do is ask them what their solution is to the problem, and if they can't give a coherent response and go on an unrelated rant, they are repeating drivel they've read in toxic communities without actually understanding what it means and haven't formed their own opinion.

If you react emotionally to these people or try to find errors in their argument, that's what they want you to do because they can call you out as a triggered lib or soyboy and make their argument look credible. Throw a real spanner into their works and they panic and computer says no, so they just repeat what they said in hope to look intelligent when really they aren't.

Usually, the first person to resort to edgesults like 'soyman' and edgememes is the one talking shite.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo and apple makes the same thing over and over again.
Nintendo and apple fanboys are losers who don't see this, which is why most of them have no personalities and never "grow up".
Dude this isn’t news to us Nintendo fanboys, we know this and have known this for years

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a woman, I'd like to assuage everyone's fears and admit that yes, we all exist to undermine men and turn them into our ultimate underlings. I feel nothing in my soul except the desire to enslave men. Be afraid.
I KNEW IT, and you all laughed at me when I came out

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,
Reactions: RyRyIV

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Nintendo and apple makes the same thing over and over again.
Nintendo and apple fanboys are losers who don't see this, which is why most of them have no personalities and never "grow up".
I mean, the difference between the Nintendo Switch and the Wii U is still greater than the difference between iPhone 7 and an iPhone 8. Nintendo doesn't exactly sell the same thing over and over.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I just don't react emotionally or try to deconstruct these people's arguments anymore. What I do is ask them what their solution is to the problem, and if they can't give a coherent response and go on an unrelated rant, they are repeating drivel they've read in toxic communities without actually understanding what it means and haven't formed their own opinion.

If you react emotionally to these people or try to find errors in their argument, that's what they want you to do because they can call you out as a triggered lib or soyboy and make their argument look credible. Throw a real spanner into their works and they panic and computer says no, so they just repeat what they said in hope to look intelligent when really they aren't.

Usually, the first person to resort to edgesults like 'soyman' and edgememes is the one talking shite.
Honestly, I want to be like you when I grow up. That's probably the best way to go about it.

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's the real mystery of this forum. It's probably the #1 most unrepresentative of society I've ever seen with people promoting policies that would typically all result in the destruction of civilization and pretend like if you don't agree with them something is wrong with you instead.

In the old days, they had these things called insane asylums. Once they closed those down, they all formed the democrat party. Never have I seen any type of video game forum where it's more common than uncommon that if you reply to any type of thread, odds are you're talking to some type of demented furry dressed in an animal suit.

When the internet first came out, it was not demented weirdos everywhere like this. It was entirely engineers, programmers, scientists, whatever. Now it's just a cesspool of dysfunctional weirdos. Ironically, a lot of these people actually are programmers (but most not very good).

So I guess that narrows down the real question. Is this forum just a reflection of the degredation and degeneration of society? Or is this forum actually more programmer orienatated than society at large and is the level of degeneration and dysfunction seen on this forum representative of the ill effects of self-isolation and staring at computer screens causing mental illness in programmers?

The transgender thing on this forum is also a real mystery. What percent of the population is transgender? Less than 1%? Why is like 50% of this forum transgender with gay flags on every page you click on? What the hell is going on here?

It's a video game forum, not a dating or sex forum. So none of this is relevant to anything, but people are essentially trying to force others into addressing it as a topic of discussion. In other words, a video game forum is not the place for people to be posting about their bizarre sexual desires whether you're straight or gay.

Last edited by r0achtheunsavory,
Reactions: JuanMena

Cryoraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the real mystery of this forum. It's probably the #1 most unrepresentative of society I've ever seen with people promoting policies that would typically all result in the destruction of civilization and pretend like if you don't agree with them something is wrong with you instead.

In the old days, they had these things called insane asylums. Once they closed those down, they all formed the democrat party. Never have I seen any type of video game forum where it's more common than uncommon that if you reply to any type of thread, odds are you're talking to some type of demented furry dressed in an animal suit.

When the internet first came out, it was not demented weirdos everywhere like this. It was entirely engineers, programmers, scientists, whatever. Now it's just a cesspool of dysfunctional weirdos. Ironically, a lot of these people actually are programmers (but most not very good).

So I guess that narrows down the real question. Is this forum just a reflection of the degredation and degeneration of society? Or is this forum actually more programmer orienatated than society at large and is the level of degeneration and dysfunction seen on this forum representative of the ill effects of self-isolation and staring at computer screens causing mental illness in programmers?

The transgender thing on this forum is also a real mystery. What percent of the population is transgender? Less than 1%? Why is like 50% of this forum transgender? What the hell is going on?
Nice troll

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly, I want to be like you when I grow up. That's probably the best way to go about it.
Thanks I guess

r0achtheunsavory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The words "nice troll" aren't a valid response to legitimate posts. Like when I go outside of my house in the real world, I've never once met anyone claiming to be a "furry", yet these people are crawling all over this forum. There's an obvious disconnect between this forum and reality.

Since none of my posts in this thread are actually unpopular opinions and are mostly just mainstream, objective reality or science, for an unpopular opinion I'd probably go with the fact Dark Souls and all the "Souls-like" games are terrible with clunky, bad controls and gameplay.

First time I played Skyrim I thought, "wow, this combat sucks compared to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic". Then I played Dark Souls and was amazed at how bad the gameplay was, even making it seem like Skyrim gameplay was decent. Games like the Witcher 3 were also complete garbage for gameplay compared to Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, but still better than Dark Souls.

Last edited by r0achtheunsavory,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States

The transgender thing on this forum is also a real mystery. What percent of the population is transgender? Less than 1%? Why is like 50% of this forum transgender with gay flags on every page you click on? What the hell is going on here?

It's a video game forum, not a dating or sex forum. So none of this is relevant to anything, but people are essentially trying to force others into addressing it as a topic of discussion. In other words, a video game forum is not the place for people to be posting about their bizarre sexual desires whether you're straight or gay.
are you on fucking crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi