Homebrew Update 11.8 and Homebrew

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Wait, does that mean ntrboot doesn't work anymore..? I thought that was unpatchable.

NTR CFW is not the same as NTRBootHax. One is homebrew used for cheats and stuff, the other is a hax that gives you bootrom access and allows you to install CFW. It can't be patched with firmware updates.

Last edited by NFates,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
actually ignore the nightly it appears luma 9.1 was released which fixed the issue just make sure you are running luma 9.1
If i use Luma updater will it update me to 9.1? Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so update to B9s, then replace boot.firm. I then go to luma and update to nightly is that correct?
Once i have done all this i will then update to latest Nintendo firmware yes?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i use Luma updater will it update me to 9.1? Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Once i have done all this i will then update to latest Nintendo firmware yes?
depends if you recently updated the updater due to a change in github it broke older versions

LucBaas1232

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone help me I updated I got Luma to work and got fbi back but for some reason I get this error when opening home brew launcher: an execption occurred arm11 I can still use freeshop.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the diference between rei-six and Luma? Wich one is better? Sorry, but been out from 3DS scene a lot

Rei-six is a minimalist CFW while Luma has more features. That being said, there is some older 3dsx format homebrew that doesn't work with Luma/Rosalina and likely never will. Also soft-resetting in DSiware software (mainly nds-bootstrap but it also affected Warioware) is broken in Luma but can be worked around by enabling game patching.

Skystag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
confirmation on seedminer working? or did i wait like 3 days too late to finally getting around to homebrewing my n3ds lmao

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna wait on NTR to be fixed before updating, but I have gone ahead and updated Luma and deleted freeshop. I am streaming Pokemon X so I need that NTR

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
confirmation on seedminer working? or did i wait like 3 days too late to finally getting around to homebrewing my n3ds lmao
Yes it still works.

I would wait until aug 11th for smeahax if you're still on 11.7 though.

RajinSlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I only have Homebrew (Using Steelhax, Don't have CFW,Current Firmware Version is 11.7) does this mean I can update to 11.8 and still have Access to Homebrew with Steel Diver: Sub Wars as entry point (Sorry IM still new to Homebrew and I don't want to update to a firmware where I will lose my Homebrew Access)
Steelhax: Works

Last edited by RajinSlayer,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Someone has a script to auto inject FBI to H&S?

11.8 wipe out my injected H&S and friends console.

Why noone talks about it?

Because no one really uses that anymore. Rosalina's Homebrew Launcher replaced it.

So I only have Homebrew (Using Steelhax, Don't have CFW,Current Firmware Version is 11.7) does this mean I can update to 11.8 and still have Access to Homebrew with Steel Diver: Sub Wars as entry point (Sorry IM still new to Homebrew and I don't want to update to a firmware where I will lose my Homebrew Access)

You could wait on 11.7 until Smea releases his exploit. It should be soon (perhaps I read it was August 11th)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I for one would like further confirmation on whether that still works. Like I said earlier: the 11.6 payload wouldn't work on 11.7, and there's much less difference between those two than there is between 11.7 and 11.8.

You could wait on 11.7 until Smea releases his exploit. It should be soon (perhaps I read it was August 11th)
That is presumably going to be an ARM9 exploit rather than another userland exploit.

I might expect that updating the payloads for 11.8 would be straightforward, but Smea's apparently a busy person lately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus