Hacking Update 5.5.2 and Homebrew/CFW

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the people who always prefer oldschool methods in exploits getting bitten in the arse. That "I told ya so" remark is pretty strong now
Browser exploits are commonly patched by Nintendo they just took forever on Wii U vs 3DS.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Its the people who always prefer oldschool methods in exploits getting bitten in the arse. That "I told ya so" remark is pretty strong now
Browser exploits are commonly patched by Nintendo they just took forever on Wii U vs 3DS.

It's like people who prefer using an old PS1 vs. a PS3 that plays all PS1 games and upscales them. Why the heck would you not use something newer that does it better in everyway?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm sorry i'm really new at this, so... Is there any other way to execute the Kernel exploits without the web browser?
Only if you have CBHC/Haxchi.
I'm not updated but online and other features still work for me.
So CBHC users don't have to update it seems
Once they update the version check on their servers online will stop working.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let me see if I understand this, 5.5.2 patches Browserhax, not allowing people to install Haxchi. You would want to stay on 5.5.1.

If you were to stay on 5.5.1, do you still have access to the eShop, so you can still install Haxchi?

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, let me see if I understand this, 5.5.2 patches Browserhax, not allowing people to install Haxchi.

If you were to stay on 5.5.1, do you still have access to the eShop, so you can still install Haxchi?

Basically. If you have Haxchi, you're fine. But if you update to 5.5.2 and for some inconceivable reason you're not using Haxchi, you can't really install it.

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Daaamn I'm in my job right now and i didn't use Dns since I installed haxchi :(
I see people says haxchi still works.
I hope it really does because I always enter to haxchi thanks to the gamepad quick menu
Gonna test it in few hours when i go back home

Vertx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, let me see if I understand this, 5.5.2 patches Browserhax, not allowing people to install Haxchi. You would want to stay on 5.5.1.

So basically, for those who updated to 5.5.2 will have to wait until they find another way to make the exploit work?

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Can you access the web browser while your console is on an older firmware? And can you install the DS game required for haxchi through wup installer without buying it?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you were still on 5.5.1, could you still install it? Do you still have access to the eShop?
Yes you can still install it. You need to run nnu patcher before you enter the eshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you access the web browser while your console is on an older firmware? And can you install the DS game required for haxchi through wup installer without buying it?
First question yes you can use the browser but to access eshop see above

Second question you must use a legitimate copy that is bought from the eshop. Of you use an nob legit version haxchi will simply not work. And if you go one further and use a non ligit version then install coldboot haxchi your wiiu will brick

Reactions: antiNT

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like people who prefer using an old PS1 vs. a PS3 that plays all PS1 games and upscales them. Why the heck would you not use something newer that does it better in everyway?

Poor example, as the PS1 emulator in the PS3 has issues, and is already inferior to PC emulators such as Mednafen (in software mode), never mind an actual PS1.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

Kyrean

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i used the nnu patcher to access the store to download a game for the haxchi exploit.
now i can't download it, because the wii u tries to download the update first and puts the game on the queue... any ideas?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i used the nnu patcher to access the store to download a game for the haxchi exploit.
now i can't download it, because the wii u tries to download the update first and puts the game on the queue... any ideas?
Yes switch the wiiu off and unplug it from the mains leave it for about a minute then plug it back in the system update will now be gone and the ds game will be first in the queue

D

Deleted User

Shit, my Wii U just auto update itself. Atleast I still have Haxchi and can access Homebrew. :D

Kyrean

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes switch the wiiu off and unplug it from the mains leave it for about a minute then plug it back in the system update will now be gone and the ds game will be first in the queue

Worked. But the update went back to the queue. So i downloaded it and turned off the Wii U after it tried to install. Worked fine for me. Now i'm on CBCH.
Thx

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So... if I have the nus server blocked in the router, I am good? That is, the console won't update? (I know it probably won't but just checking :ph34r:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2