[Update] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood rated for PS4

IMG_1503.JPG

Yet another ratings board leak reveals the existence of an upcoming game. Konami appears to have something up their sleeves called Castlevania Requiem, which according to the Korean Ratings Board listing, is a collection of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood. There's currently not much more information to go by, pertaining to this re-pack being a remaster or simple port. Regardless, it's been rated for release on the PlayStation 4. Both an English and Japanese version were found on the page, meaning a western release is all but guaranteed when the game gets an official announcement. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood originally released in 1993 for the PC-Engine, and featured the protagonist Richter Belmont, who was previously revealed to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Symphony of the Night was released in 1997 for the PlayStation 1, where it would go on to inspire a multitude of games to come. Both titles have been repacked before, in the PSP's Dracula X Chronicles.

:arrow: Source

Update: The ESRB has also rated this game on September 24th with the title of "Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood" and gives it the following description.

Rating Summary: This is collection of two action platformers in which players assume the role of a vampire hunter battling Dracula and other creatures. From a side-scrolling perspective, players traverse Dracula's castle to kill fantastical enemies (e.g., zombies, demons, minotaurs). Characters use whips, swords, axes, and magic to defeat enemies. Pixelated blood is depicted when players' character and creatures are killed; some attacks result in decapitation and dismemberment of creatures, including a boss character that loses its body parts and entrails.

Konami has made no official announcement at this time.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering when we will get to try the saturn version with the "HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER" Maria and extra location. I was happy to see maria playable in the psp game but still, the saturn symphony of the night makes her look way better. :ninja:

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering when we will get to try the saturn version with the "HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER" Maria and extra location. I was happy to see maria playable in the psp game but still, the saturn symphony of the night makes her look way better. :ninja:

Yeah, I am already salty that mega man 8 ports are always psx ports. When the Saturn port has more content. I do not know why developers like to ignore Saturn ports.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega man 8 on Saturn has two extra boss battles. One against cutman, one against woodman. As well as a music option where you can listen to the soundtrack. For me personally, I am just interested in the extra bosses.
I didn't know that. :blink:

Can't think of much reason they wouldn't do it. Except they are too lazy to try or just don't have access to the original game. :ninja:

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know that. :blink:

Can't think of much reason they wouldn't do it. Except they are too lazy to try or just don't have access to the original game. :ninja:

Exactly, if there is one thing I expect from a port, it has to be the definitive edition of the game. otherwise it is lazy. Some people said it might be because Saturn is hard to emulate. But the thing is, I do not think mega man 8 is an emulated port.

And a similar thing keeps happening to all the ports of castlevania SOTN

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, if there is one thing I expect from a port, it has to be the definitive edition of the game. otherwise it is lazy. Some people said it might be because Saturn is hard to emulate. But the thing is, I do not think mega man 8 is an emulated port.

And a similar thing keeps happening to all the ports of castlevania SOTN
Why should it be emulated? Just build the game again, solving issues before like slow down on better hardware and programming. That's why Sonic 1 & 2 on mobile is better than every possible port the game has today. It has wide screen support, Constant 60FPS and even in special stages, and online mode in sonic 2. new ways to play for a $3 that isn't part of a compilation.

Only reason why I think they don't do that is simply cause of what the community of gamers are today, people who want the same exact thing as the first time they played it without any changes outshine the ones who want something new and different. Same resolution regardless of HDTV or not, same controller, same issue of glitches and problems.

All I can ask is how bout you least make the old game wide screen to show more of the game, consistent framerate and update detail & music as choices and wide selection of screen fighters that doesn't show sharp square pixels. Just put a bit more effort into trying to resell a game except coding some form of software emulation and selling it for a higher price than it's actually worth the developers time to invest money in. :ninja:

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not that version have issues though with performance?

The PSP version? nah, I hear the saturn version did, but I never got to play that. I played the game multiple times on PSP, both the Drac X Chronicles version and an eboot of the original PSX version. The Drac X version changes the voice acting, and it actually makes the game worse, the cheesiness of the original was part of it's charm. Drac X took that away and the new acting isn't good or bad, just meh. Can't remember if they changed the cheesy end credits song. The XBLA version changed it in a patch for some reason. Guess they're racist against wind or something :P

I only played the first half hour of symophony of the night, the game is hard as balls

I'll revisit it one of these days and see how I fare, I might just be a casual lol

Casual or possibly n00b, either way SOTN was super easy, Dracula X/Rondo was much harder. As were most of the "old style" Castlevanias. Of the "metroidvanias" the only really hard one was the last one, Order of Ecclasia. Circle of the Moon wasn't really hard but was a little obtuse in places, but you're more likely to give up on it because you can't figure out how to go on rather than because you die too much.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take this as a sign that i finally need to play SotN.. i might bump it up a few spots on my backlog
If you've never played it, you should just skip right to it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only played the first half hour of symophony of the night, the game is hard as balls
If you feel it's too hard, you get OP pretty fast, so no worries. (There are actually weapon combos people don't use because they are WAY too OP, and they're not that hard to find)

Reactions: mesakagi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo