[UPDATE] Gotham Knights quietly re-adds Denuvo after update removed it

dsadsadsadsadasdasdasdas.png

Gotham Knights was released late last week, to a mixed reception, at best. While the game's story or gameplay was criticized here and there, many had problems with Gotham Knights' performance, whether it was the 30fps-locked current-gen console versions of the game stuttering, or the PC port that suffered from random frame drops and crashes. Developer WB Games Montreal has promised that they're working on a general performance patch to help the game run better in the near future, with a minor patch having just been released to fix some bugs with the PC version.

General:

• Invincible enemies playing a "meditating" animation will no longer appear in crimes.
  • Various UI issue fixes.
  • Fixed issues caused by graphical settings not being applied properly.
  • Various localization fixes.
  • Fixed various Keyboard/Mouse specific input issues.
Co-op:

• Fixed an issue that was preventing being able to join friends through invites.
Stability:

• Various crash fixes throughout the title, most notably during the S.T.A.R. Labs "free the scientists" fight and the Harley Quinn Hospital Boss Fight.
  • Fixed an AMD specific crash related to shadows.
Known Issues:

• There may be some compatibility issues with Nvidia Ansel that we are still investigating for this patch

The patch notes for the latest version of Gotham Knights on PC says it solves some UI issues that players had, got rid of some buggy enemies, and fixed some of the problems that made the game crash. What the notes don't specify is that the patch also removed the Denuvo anti-tamper DRM from the game. Usually, major AAA releases will remove Denuvo months, or even years, after their launch window, but in the case of Gotham Knights, it was removed just five days after its release. Many claim that Denuvo hinders performance in PC games, which makes it especially notable that WB Montreal got rid of Denuvo so early into the game's life. However, while some may have hoped that the removal of the DRM fixed stuttering issues, gamers are still reporting that the game runs no better than it did pre-patch.

:arrow: Source

UPDATE: Unfortunately, it seems the removal of Denuvo was an error on WB Games' part. As of today, Denuvo was re-added back into the games exe after another small patch

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game's bad performance issues was cause of that it's gonna be so funny.
Still good news but I'm gonna wait till all the DLC is included and the game goes on sale first.
Maybe some performance mods from fans.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
2) Did we really need Batgirl as a playable character? Isn't three characters enough, especially since you need to grind certain encounters to unlock each one's glider individually, or something?
Lol, what a take. You don't even want them to replace Barbara with Damian or someone, you'd just rather have less characters in the game overall than have a woman be playable.

Fun fact, you're allowed to just not play as characters you don't like or are uninterested in. No one's forcing you to play as Batgirl. Her being available for others won't hurt you.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) Please also remove Denuvo from Persona 5 Royal and DOOM Eternal, thanks;
2) Did we really need Batgirl as a playable character? Isn't three characters enough, especially since you need to grind certain encounters to unlock each one's glider individually, or something?
Just how insecure with your sexuality are you?
Your brain: "Not a female character! The devil's trap to once again trick me into putting on makeup and my mothers finest nightgowns to parade in front of mirrors!"

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Please also remove Denuvo from Persona 5 Royal and DOOM Eternal, thanks;
I think the one most out of place is Tim Drake. He's the youngest so it'd make more sense to remove him. The rest are way older and know each other better.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think the one most out of place is Tim Drake. He's the youngest so it'd make more sense to remove him. The rest are way older and know each other better.
Arkham Knight had Barbara in her role as Oracle, though it didn't really do much with her except use a fake-out death to break Batsy's mind (and to control Gordon later on); she could've been a better mission-control than that here.
Barbara doesn't have to be a frontline fighter to be useful, is what I think.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, they added it back in? What douchebags.
How DARE they protect their product from lowlife thieves!!! Who do they think they are? People who want to get paid for their hard work?
Post automatically merged:

DRM is unethical and anti-consumer. Simple as.
No piracy is unethical. It's theft. Simple as.

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro and SylverReZ

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How DARE they protect their product from lowlife thieves!!! Who do they think they are? People who want to get paid for their hard work?
ok but they're screwing over paid customers in the process, that ain't worth it bro
Denuvo is actual fucking malware being advertised as an anti tamper, sure have it for the first week but it should be gone

also, nothing in gotham knights is 'hard work'. The game is shit. Plain and simple
I only appreciate hard work when the fruits of that labor are actually worth shit. This looks awful, i dont care how many developers crunched when the end result looks worse than arkham knight.
If they can't even optimize their 2013 lookin ass game for the Series S it's pretty clear there wasn't much 'hard work' put into this crap anyways. If you're gonna make an argument for why piracy is bad at least do it on a video game that actually deserves the money

Will never happen. It's Sega after all...
man, i loved the first game on PS3 and was ready to shell out the 60 dollars but its VERY clear they dont want it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

No piracy is unethical. It's theft. Simple as.
You sound like the type of mofo that would support DRM. 🙄

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays