masbass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,
a friend asked me to update his old PS3 slim I had hacked a long time ago (completely forgotten about it) so he can pass it on to a bedridden friend in a hospital. Its system version is 3.55 and in the apps section I found the following
multiman 1.15
lv2 patcher 1.24
blackbox ftp 1.2

file dates are around year 2011

As there's almost no space left in the 120GB HDD I was also thinking about upgrading it with a 250GB that I have lying around as the current one is almost full (need to also manage storage in there and see what's taking up so much space) .

So, how do I go about it? Do I change the HDD first by backup+restore and then work on upgrading the system + mods or the other way around? Asking first here so I don't go ahead and mess it up by updating something that should be left at a previous version. Thanks.

Last edited by masbass,

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.Install ofw 3.55
2.Backup with external hdd.
2. swap the hdds
3. Install ofw
3. restore your backup.
4. Check if everyting is there.
5. You might have to reswap the hdd reinstall cfw 3.55 and fetch some folder manually.
6.Come back here and tell us if you did.
7.Go about your upgrades

Last edited by Magsor,
Reactions: masbass

masbass

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks, it all went smoothly with the disk backup + swap, updated it up to REBUG_4.86.1_LITE in the end and everything is there and working. :-)

NewOldDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi all,
a friend asked me to update his old PS3 slim I had hacked a long time ago (completely forgotten about it) so he can pass it on to a bedridden friend in a hospital. Its system version is 3.55 and in the apps section I found the following
multiman 1.15
lv2 patcher 1.24
blackbox ftp 1.2

file dates are around year 2011

As there's almost no space left in the 120GB HDD I was also thinking about upgrading it with a 250GB that I have lying around as the current one is almost full (need to also manage storage in there and see what's taking up so much space) .

So, how do I go about it? Do I change the HDD first by backup+restore and then work on upgrading the system + mods or the other way around? Asking first here so I don't go ahead and mess it up by updating something that should be left at a previous version. Thanks.

I'm on a similar situation, masbass, can you please publish a step by step guide and attach again all files needed, most of the old sites where the software was are now gone... I have LV2 Patcher v1.24 but when I start it is just a black screen, I remember I should see a success msg in 2 lines or something, also I get BDEMU.BIN missing and I don't remember anymore how to fix it... Thanks!

chapodpaille

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi , have have also this kind of problem , someone can help me ?
i've got a PS3 slim 320 Go on CFW 4.90 Evilnat Cobra 8.4 [CEX]
i want to change with an 1TO HDD. my back up has been done.
but when i change the HDD. the update on USB ( in fat 32) can't be find :( (PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
i've tried the 2 USB port, it's the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm half way at my savings for a new move