uPlay+ is Ubisoft’s new game subscription service

FD5C88F7-E262-452B-BCF7-473810E5EF5F.jpeg

Need more gaming subscription services in your life? Because Ubisoft has just revealed their foray into the video game subscription service model. It’s called uPlay+, and offers over a hundred different titles, for $14.99 a month. You’ll also get access to upcoming games such as Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and Watch Dogs: Legion, as well as all DLCs. Classic games are offered too, with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and Beyond Good and Evil being shown during the announcement. uPlay+ will be available starting September 3rd, but if you pre-register now, you’ll be able to play free for a limited time. uPlay+ will be on PC when it launches, and Stadia later on in 2020.

:arrow: Source

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to start thinking about the subscription services as a reverse IV. Instead of delivering a medicine or saline to you just while you are in the hospital, you let these companies stick their needles in you and start sucking blood out of you $10, $20, $50 at a time until you terminate the relationship - usually months after you realize you're not getting much for your monthly outlay. (Worst of all are the poor folks who pay $150 a month for cable TV and have to endure a barrage of commercials - and PAY for the privilege!). Unless you have some serious "get a life" issues, you don't need them. Invest heavily in your life and you can leave these leeches for good. All of them.
#resist

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to start thinking about the subscription services as a reverse IV. Instead of delivering a medicine or saline to you just while you are in the hospital, you let these companies stick their needles in you and start sucking blood out of you $10, $20, $50 at a time until you terminate the relationship - usually months after you realize you're not getting much for your monthly outlay. (Worst of all are the poor folks who pay $150 a month for cable TV and have to endure a barrage of commercials - and PAY for the privilege!). Unless you have some serious "get a life" issues, you don't need them. Invest heavily in your life and you can leave these leeches for good. All of them.
#resist

Personally I doubt I’d ever subscribe to any of these from a single producer, I wouldn’t want to be limited to just one companies games. Xbox Game Pass, or PlayStation Now at least give you a mix of publishers titles.

I’d still rather just buy a physical game though. I mean consider my gaming since January, aside from a game I did a user review for, I’ve only really been playing Spider-Man on and off for 6 months.

That game cost the wife £30 (it was one of my Christmas presents). Had I been playing that via a subscription service I’d have to pay every month, just for a few hours a month. So, what? For arguments sake, say £10 a month. That would be £60, double the price. Yes, there would be more games available, but I wouldn’t be playing them. The maths in those kinds of situations just don’t add up in favour of a subscription.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway