• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US Government to shut down in less than an hour, would be first single-party shutdown ever

blackwrensniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When all repubs voted to keep funding 100% with 51 votes and the Dems purposely voted against funding 100%, that is the Dems fault and nobody elses fault.
They would rather see America fail than Trump succeed... Pure definition of fascism communism!
"The GOP controls all the branches of government. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell couldn’t even get his whole caucus on board, with defecting votes from Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Jeff Flake, and Lindsey Graham. They only got to over 50 votes—let alone 60—because five red-state Democrats (Claire McKaskill, Heidi Heitkamp, Joe Manchin, Joe Donnelly, and Doug Jones) voted with Republicans."

Talking a lot of bullshit, ain't ya?

Reactions: Don Jon

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trump is a class act and would stand up for this country when none of our elected officails would. He is single handidly taking on the globalists and winning all the while MAGA!
The majority of Trump's money has not come from America at this point, he is a globalist. So he's standing up to nobody, and failing all the while to do a decent job of governing.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The GOP controls all the branches of government. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell couldn’t even get his whole caucus on board, with defecting votes from Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Jeff Flake, and Lindsey Graham. They only got to over 50 votes—let alone 60—because five red-state Democrats (Claire McKaskill, Heidi Heitkamp, Joe Manchin, Joe Donnelly, and Doug Jones) voted with Republicans."

Talking a lot of bullshit, ain't ya?
You still need total 60 votes and when GOP has only 51 available, the dems need to step up! What you are talking about is horse rubbish.
Cut their damn paychecks since they are govt and see how fast this gets voted for!!!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You still need total 60 votes and when GOP has only 51 available, the dems need to step up! What you are talking about is horse rubbish.
Cut their damn paychecks since they are govt and see how fast this gets voted for!!!
If you had read the rest of this thread, you'd know the Dems and Repubs had already come to a compromise and Trump rejected it. This shutdown is on him most of all. #TrumpShutdown is trending worldwide on Twitter, so expect an early morning rant.

Reactions: Don Jon

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that is against Trump is a communist... PERIOD!
If you cannot stand with your potus , you do not love this country and need to leave and let Trump and the rest of us Americans MAGA!
Well, now nobody can take you seriously in these discussions ever again. Nice one.

And I'm sure you were just as loyal to the position of POTUS when Obama was in office. /s

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had read the rest of this thread, you'd know the Dems and Repubs had already come to a compromise and Trump rejected it. This shutdown is on him most of all. #TrumpShutdown is trending worldwide on Twitter, so expect an early morning rant.
Of course their is a Trump Shutdown Trending... it is Twitter after all!!!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didnt have a compromise, daca was never part of the bill and the daca bill didnt even exist so democrats couldnt even vote on it anyway
democrats tried to squeeze it in at the last second and thats why it didnt get the votes
too bad its bots are doing the twetting https://botcheck.me/

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that is against Trump is a communist... PERIOD!
If you cannot stand with your potus , you do not love this country and need to leave and let Trump and the rest of us Americans MAGA!

Uh.. You said that Trump was finally someone you called your president. That means you didn't call Obama your president, which makes you a hypocrite, not to mention you don't even know what communism even means.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They didnt have a compromise, daca was never part of the bill and the daca bill didnt even exist so democrats couldnt even vote on it anyway
democrats tried to squeeze it in at the last second and thats why it didnt get the votes

You mean like the republican's kept trying to sneak ACA into other bills?

Reactions: Don Jon and Xzi

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now nobody can take you seriously in these discussions ever again. Nice one.

And I'm sure you were just as loyal to the position of POTUS when Obama was in office. /s
I can give 2 shits what people think about me...
Obama? he needs to be hung in public square! When a guy admits in his own book he was born in kenya and is a muslim, he had no right to even run as potus!
The entire Obama admin is going to prison very very soon...

Yeah, it's a shithole, which makes you question why it's the only online platform Trump cares about. :unsure:
Cause you think the main stream media will ever say 1 good thing about him? Didnt think so.
Twitter is a platform for our POTUS to get the truth out that the MSM cant control!
Tuff shit if it hurts your feelings!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Obama? he needs to be hung in public square! When a guy admits in his own book he was born in kenya and is a muslim, he had no right to even run as potus!
Fuck man, you really do not live in reality any more. Trump never provided any proof of his birther claims. We're on to the girther movement for Trump by now.

That shows very little bot activity for #TrumpShutdown and a lot more bot activity for #SchumerShutdown which they failed to get trending, but okay, thanks for the data.

Twitter is a platform for our POTUS to get the truth out that the MSM cant control!
Oh yeah, all that misspelled shit with bad grammar really gets me right in the fee-fees. /s

Last edited by Xzi,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can give 2 shits what people think about me...

Cause you think the main stream media will ever say 1 good thing about him? Didnt think so.
Please take your medication. I'm worried for your mental health. None of these things you mentioned happened.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't decide if Cylent1 is trolling or genuinely that far on the right. Text is toneless, but it's scary these days how hard it is to distinguish the two. At any rate, here we go...

As much as it hurts the economy and families dependent on the federal government, I'm glad for the shutdown. It's yet another mark against Trump and his administration, one on an already massive list. Maybe, three years from now and for all time after, people will remember just how shitty it was after electing this cluster of corrupt, arrogant, bigoted, racist and all around horrific people, and NEVER let them into office again.

A quick Obama v.s. Trump... To those who say that one should respect and stand beside the POTUS regardless of circumstance... No, absolutely not. Out of respect for the position, I give each President an amount of respect and patience, but ONLY TO START. Then they either lose that respect, keep it, or earn more. Trump has done NOTHING to either keep or earn any respect of mine, to the point where I stand firmly, morally against his agenda. Obama, observing the caliber of his character ALONE, not only keeps my respect, he earns more. Say what you will about any other aspects of our 44th President, but he has an intelligence and social grace that is immensely rare in today's world.

And to hit on some last points... Immigration is broken, fix it by allowing amnesty, improving and securely streamlining application processing for future immigrants. And in general stop being xenophobic. Women have the right to choose, people of all genders are PEOPLE, too, Science > Religion (keep religion of any kind out of federal and school systems), you should be allowed to marry any gender of your choosing, regardless of your own, and, now the FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT point; don't be a fucking asshole.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't decide if Cylent1 is trolling or genuinely that far on the right. Text is toneless, but it's scary these days how hard it is to distinguish the two. At any rate, here we go...

As much as it hurts the economy and families dependent on the federal government, I'm glad for the shutdown. It's yet another mark against Trump and his administration, one on an already massive list. Maybe, three years from now and for all time after, people will remember just how shitty it was after electing this cluster of corrupt, arrogant, bigoted, racist and all around horrific people, and NEVER let them into office again.

A quick Obama v.s. Trump... To those who say that one should respect and stand beside the POTUS regardless of circumstance... No, absolutely not. Out of respect for the position, I give each President an amount of respect and patience, but ONLY TO START. Then they either lose that respect, keep it, or earn more. Trump has done NOTHING to either keep or earn any respect of mine, to the point where I stand firmly, morally against his agenda. Obama, observing the caliber of his character ALONE, not only keeps my respect, he earns more. Say what you will about any other aspects of our 44th President, but he has an intelligence and social grace that is immensely rare in today's world.

And to hit on some last points... Immigration is broken, fix it by allowing amnesty, improving and securely streamlining application processing for future immigrants. And in general stop being xenophobic. Women have the right to choose, people of all genders are PEOPLE, too, Science > Religion (keep religion of any kind out of federal and school systems), you should be allowed to marry any gender of your choosing, regardless of your own, and, now the FINAL AND MOST IMPORTANT point; don't be a fucking asshole.

Not to mention the right should shut up about abortion, there is NOTHING in the bible about it... And considering god told people to rip out wombs... I don't think he's too against abortion.

blackwrensniper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, three years from now and for all time after, people will remember just how shitty it was after electing this cluster of corrupt, arrogant, bigoted, racist and all around horrific people, and NEVER let them into office again.
I thought the same under Bush and it's stunning how soon people forget.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1