• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US presidential election

Who are/did/would you vote for?

• Total voters

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 none of the Republican plans tackle the deficit, Rick Sanctorum will cut corporations taxes to 0%, Mitt Romney plans on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. They just plan on cutting social programs, now that may not sound like a big deal, but it still does nothing.
Who says "tackle it"? The US is in no position to tacke its own debt, not in these unstable times. What they could attempt though is not making it any worse then it already is.

People say "It's all because of the left-overs Bush left behind him", and I call bullsh*t on that - Bush didn't invent American Interventionism, it's been a "tradition" in the States for years. Iraq and Afghanistan were not the first wars you fought in and you guys should know more then anyone that any administration leaves some debt behind it. Question is, how are You going to tackle it, and suprise suprise, Obama tackled it wrong.

The previous elections were a joke, from the outside they looked more like a cultural experiment then a political event - will the Americans choose a "Woman", a "Black Guy" or "McCain", are they going to say "No, we're not sexist!", "No, we're not racist!" or will they choose "The guy who's last name sounds like a brand of french fries" and I firmly believe that 80% of the voters had no clue what are the program either party represented.

Technically it should be a " Woman", a "Black Guy" or a "Foreigner". McCain was no better than Obama, he literally wants to bomb everything, he wants to bomb Syria, his campaign was ran pretty much with I'm going to bomb Iran.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi4 none of the Republican plans tackle the deficit, Rick Sanctorum will cut corporations taxes to 0%, Mitt Romney plans on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. They just plan on cutting social programs, now that may not sound like a big deal, but it still does nothing.
Who says "tackle it"? The US is in no position to tacke its own debt, not in these unstable times. What they could attempt though is not making it any worse then it already is.

People say "It's all because of the left-overs Bush left behind him", and I call bullsh*t on that - Bush didn't invent American Interventionism, it's been a "tradition" in the States for years. Iraq and Afghanistan were not the first wars you fought in and you guys should know more then anyone that any administration leaves some debt behind it. Question is, how are You going to tackle it, and suprise suprise, Obama tackled it wrong.

The previous elections were a joke, from the outside they looked more like a cultural experiment then a political event - will the Americans choose a "Woman", a "Black Guy" or "McCain", are they going to say "No, we're not sexist!", "No, we're not racist!" or will they choose "The guy who's last name sounds like a brand of french fries" and I firmly believe that 80% of the voters had no clue what are the program either party represented.

Technically it should be a " Woman", a "Black Guy" or a "Foreigner". McCain was no better than Obama, he literally wants to bomb everything, he wants to bomb Syria, his campaign was ran pretty much with I'm going to bomb Iran.
I couldn't care less for McCain, but I was disappointed that you guys didn't pick Clinton for president. Her husband was the last president in recent American history that *didn't* increase the national debt, in fact, he greatly decreased it during his presidency. I would expect no less from his wife. There's an old saying, behind every great leader stands his wife. I'm pretty sure she was more then well-versed in what her husband was up to and how he managed to perform his "Clinton Magic".

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Obama is a bad president and i hope he does not win i love how the Obama bubble burst and he now one of the worst presidents ever LOL

Aw adorable look guys

Valwin is trying to be political.

another useless HellsMalice comment that adds Nothing

Thank god I already said my piece in a previous post, and am not above openly mocking you at every opportunity.
Which is a shame. Clearly the idea of Valwinning has not been introduced to you yet.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

I couldn't care less for McCain, but I was disappointed that you guys didn't pick Clinton for president. Her husband was the last president in recent American history that *didn't* increase the national debt, in fact, he greatly decreased it during his presidency. I would expect no less from his wife. There's an old saying, behind every great leader stands his wife. I'm pretty sure she was more then well-versed in what her husband was up to and how he managed to perform his "Clinton Magic".

It's not our fault, it's my party's fault, the voters chose Obama in the primary, Hilary couldn't get the nomination, had she run as 3rd party she only would have hurt the Democrats, she never would have won that way, had she been the nomination she would have won, there's is always 2016 for Hilary.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at GBAtemp, I never would've guessed Obama's approval ratings plummeted. My vote is a secret, as I like to not start arguments over nothing. :ninja:
I assume you're a Republican then.

Independent, try not to assume.
Damn didn't notice my grammatical error. So I assume then you're rooting for some third party candidate who has no chance of winning. Am I right? If so which party are they in?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not our fault, it's my party's fault, the voters chose Obama in the primary, Hilary couldn't get the nomination, had she run as 3rd party she only would have hurt the Democrats, she never would have won that way, had she been the nomination she would have won, there's is always 2016 for Hilary.
Yeah, I suppose.

I just realized who you are by the way, you used to have a Pokemon for an avatar, right? I used to disagree with you alot... Hum hum hum, I am positively suprised, you seem to be well-versed in those matters and you know what you want, that's for sure. Been a pleasure to discuss, really - I'm glad we agree on a few points for once. ;)

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at GBAtemp, I never would've guessed Obama's approval ratings plummeted. My vote is a secret, as I like to not start arguments over nothing. :ninja:

Damn didn't notice my grammatical error. So I assume then you're rooting for some third party candidate who has no chance of winning. Am I right? If so which party are they in?

3rd party? Nah Im not hipster enough. :tpi:
I'm stuck between my candidate and not voting all together. I got fucked great the past 3 terms. :glare:
But like I said, I won't mention my candidate, I shall instead lurk this thread until it becomes locked for flame reasons. :ninja:

Off Topic: What happened to your Kyogre?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I suppose.

I just realized who you are by the way, you used to have a Pokemon for an avatar, right? I used to disagree with you alot... Hum hum hum, I am positively suprised, you seem to be well-versed in those matters and you know what you want, that's for sure. Been a pleasure to discuss, really - I'm glad we agree on a few points for once. ;)
Don't call it a Pokemon, it was Kyogre, the cutest pokemon ever!!!! Yeah, you did. Of course, I am. I love politics. If Hilary runs in 2016 it will give us Democrats 8 more years as long as Obama wins 2012. She'll just have to beat out Andrew Cuomo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

1. Grammar matters, it's the difference between "You know your shit." and "You know you're shit." :P (Shamelessly steals a signature, I believe it was VA's ;P)
2. Curiousity killed the cat. If he wants his political views to remain secret then so be it. At least he's going to vote.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

1. Grammar matters, it's the difference between "You know your shit." and "You know you're shit." :P (Shamelessly steals a signature, I believe it was VA's ;P)
2. Curiousity killed the cat. If he wants his political views to remain secret then so be it. At least he's going to vote.

I know that's why I fixed my error.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't call it a Pokemon, it was Kyogre, the cutest pokemon ever!!!! Yeah, you did. Of course, I am. I love politics. If Hilary runs in 2016 it will give us Democrats 8 more years as long as Obama wins 2012. She'll just have to beat out Andrew Cuomo.
Forgive me for saying this, but I sincerely hope Obama fails miserably, for your own good. He's done enough damage, now it's time for someone to sweep the debris, withdraw your troops and start saving.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

3rd party? Nah Im not hipster enough. :tpi:
I'm stuck between my candidate and not voting all together. I got fucked great the past 3 terms. :glare:
But like I said, I won't mention my candidate, I shall instead lurk this thread until it becomes locked for flame reasons. :ninja:

Off Topic: What happened to your Kyogre?

You remember Kyogre!!! I felt it was time to change avatars, I'll probably change again. Can you pm who you want to vote for????

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi4 who the hell will do that. Only Ron Paul, he will never never never never times infinity get the Republican nomination. Plus if he loses It damages the Democratic party and it will strengthen the Republican Party. You realize that right. They'll fuck up the country and he can't lose miserably he already got 220 electoral votes locked. It will be a super close election.
A man can dream, can't he? :creep:

Reactions: 2 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Ron Paul has no chance if Obama loses we get Romney or Sanctorum. If you're talking about Obama failing miserably stop being a hater, and besides that not a dream that's a fantasy Illinois, California, and New York will never be flipped Republican, Obama has a small chance of flipping Texas though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +99 +1