• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont be addressing your adhominem straw man with nothing cited, because we all know when your losing you and Dakitten will simply accuse me of changing the topic to escape your ridiculous claims.
It is only true when it is, which is near to always, darling! So close to a breakthrough!
:toot:

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  1. Someone who throws around nicknames like "Nappy Joe" isn't necessarily unbiased.
  2. Trump escalated ongoing wars, civilian deaths increased under Trump, and the Taliban were empowered under Trump.
  3. Not hesitating to "bomb someone into oblivion" isn't good foreign policy.
  4. Exiting Afghanistan wasn't going to be easy, since being there in the first place was a shit show, but exiting the region is/was still the right call. What we are seeing now is evidence that our presence was pointless, unless we intended to be there forever.
  5. Trump said numerous times since losing the election that he would have withdrawn from Afghanistan, and quicker. In fact, he said he should get all the credit for the current withdrawal, but that was when it was popular and easy to say, so of course that's what he said. Now, not so much.
  6. You seem to be forgetting the hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 deaths under Trump, the children separated from their parents at the border under Trump, etc.

I suggest looking at the facts and looking at what's actually true, instead of just spewing what you feel is true. The 2021 monthly job gains are so high they're nearly unprecedented, and the monthly job gains under Trump were no different than Obama's post-recession. It sounds like you need to collect your thoughts and get your facts straight.

No, it is not true that "more people get struck by lightning than die from COVID-19."

If businesses permanently closed in 2020 due to the pandemic and Trump's mishandling if the pandemic, then they are still going to be closed in 2021.

Classic one, blaming Covid on Trump, doesnt surprise me. Its already coming out that Covid did in fact leaked from a lab in China, it will in the end come clear but people will still blame everything on Trump.

And yes he is Nappy Joe, i dont get why that name would make someone biased. The US borders are wide open, dont look like a suprised Pikachu face when something happens in the states. Those extremist in Afghanistan dont give a flying stone about the safety of other people, they will execute anything that doesnt do go according to them.

Trump made a deal with them, he even warned that if civilians would be harmed he would bomb then, what is Joe doing? Nothing! There are around 10,000 westerners now in Kabul, if they get their hands on diplomats or Americans what do you think that will happen to them?

Joe just left without telling anyone, abandoning all its people to the hands of those extremist. My heard aches for what will happen to those young girls and woman. But since you are confy in your home, it doenst affect you right? Wait till they hit any Western country and then there will you: But i thought, i didnt think that would happen, my mistake.

The point is, this mess would've never happened under Trumps command.

Well see in a few months from now how your tune will change when those barbarics acts will be on the papers on numerious ocassions. Extremist that left Iraq, Syria will go now to Afghanistan, they will plot how to deal damage to the west.

That is why this whole situation is a whole mess. No extremist dared to do anything when Trump was president. Joe is in office for 8 months and the decisions he is making will deal consecuences to the normal citizens.

Still dont get why you are defending that whole mess of administration. He couldve prevented this whole mess without having lives at stake. Even the Pentagon is in denial, they said it would take 60-90 days for Kabul to fall, look how its going.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't make an ad hominem argument. I did not say your position on X was bad because you are Y. I also didn't make a straw man argument. I haven't mischaracterized your position, unless you're saying you are in favor of LGBT rights and opposed to the former president's anti-LGBT policies.

Then maybe you should stop citing algebraic unknown. You attribute X & Y to whatever political policy you favor then accuse others of thought crimes and being a -ist or -phobic for their opposition.

Reactions: ChronoTrig

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first vaccines came out in December 14th. It only took 2 months to get multiple vaccines out to the public. It's been 8 months and what's changed? Where's the cure? How many presidents does it take to cure a virus? It shouldn't be the new lightbulb bro.

As for nixon and hoover, he just pushed illegal eviction bans so tell me why Biden shouldn't be impeached?
A huge portion of the country are conspiracy theorists who wont take the vaccine which is preventing businesses from reopening. Even if this wasnt the case, reopening the country doesnt magically fix unemployment. The virus was an unprecedented disaster that will take a long time to fix even if handled properly from the start, which it certainly wasnt. An for your second point, please give me a source on that? Also, to point out the obvious, impeachment isnt meant for if the president breaks the law, its meant for if theyre incompetent.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic one, blaming Covid on Trump, doesnt surprise me. Its already coming out that Covid did in fact leaked from a lab in China, it will in the end come clear but people will still blame everything on Trump.

And yes he is Nappy Joe, i dont get why that name would make someone biased. The US borders are wide open, dont look like a suprised Pikachu face when something happens in the states. Those extremist in Afghanistan dont give a flying stone about the safety of other people, they will execute anything that doesnt do go according to them.

Trump made a deal with them, he even warned that if civilians would be harmed he would bomb then, what is Joe doing? Nothing! There are around 10,000 westerners now in Kabul, if they get their hands on diplomats or Americans what do you think that will happen to them?

Joe just left without telling anyone, abandoning all its people to the hands of those extremist. My heard aches for what will happen to those young girls and woman. But since you are confy in your home, it doenst affect you right? Wait till they hit any Western country and then there will you: But i thought, i didnt think that would happen, my mistake.

The point is, this mess would've never happened under Trumps command.

Well see in a few months from now how your tune will change when those barbarics acts will be on the papers on numerious ocassions. Extremist that left Iraq, Syria will go now to Afghanistan, they will plot how to deal damage to the west.

That is why this whole situation is a whole mess. No extremist dared to do anything when Trump was president. Joe is in office for 8 months and the decisions he is making will deal consecuences to the normal citizens.

Still dont get why you are defending that whole mess of administration. He couldve prevented this whole mess without having lives at stake. Even the Pentagon is in denial, they said it would take 60-90 days for Kabul to fall, look how its going.
It has not been confirmed that COVID originated in a lab, let alone that it was artificially created. Trump's initial response to the virus was "Don't worry about it, it's like the flu, don't wear a mask, make fun of anyone who wears a mask, maybe ingesting bleach will work," etc. We do not have "open borders." I never said what was happening in Afghanistan wasn't volatile or upsetting, but they aren't justification for staying in the country, and your own messiah says he would have left even earlier.

By no objective metric I'm aware of can the Biden administration be considered a mess. The situation in Afghanistan has less to do with Biden and more to do with the preceding 20 years. We have no business staying there, unless the plan is to stay there forever.

Then maybe you should stop citing algebraic unknown. You attribute X & Y to whatever political policy you favor then accuse others of thought crimes and being a -ist or -phobic for their opposition.
I acknowledge others' bigotry when they're being bigoted, for example. Don't blame the witness for the figurative criminal's crime.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember having a stopover in Kabul back in the 80s. It was terrifying even then as the airport was full of heavily armed soldiers. I'm thinking this was a problem before Biden's presidency.

I don't think the criticism is so much that Afghanistan could be fixed, or that Biden created the mess there. The fail is that this Administration and the Pentagon did a terrible job of planning the timeline for exit, for protecting/extricating those Afghans who had been on our side and assisting us. The Taliban have scrounged up THOUSANDS of US military weapons in the last few days because our soldiers had to run in retreat. Humvees, heavy armored vehicles, assault aircraft, and guns, guns, guns, guns, guns. All full auto, with supporting ammo supplies. Hooray.

E80jCmoXsAMLodw

Reactions: subcon959

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has not been confirmed that COVID originated in a lab, let alone that it was artificially created. Trump's initial response to the virus was "Don't worry about it, it's like the flu, don't wear a mask, make fun of anyone who wears a mask, maybe ingesting bleach will work," etc. We do not have "open borders." I never said what was happening in Afghanistan wasn't volatile or upsetting, but they aren't justification for staying in the country, and your own messiah says he would have left even earlier.

By no objective metric I'm aware of can the Biden administration be considered a mess. The situation in Afghanistan has less to do with Biden and more to do with the preceding 20 years. We have no business staying there, unless the plan is to stay there forever.

I acknowledge others' bigotry when they're being bigoted, for example. Don't blame the witness for the figurative criminal's crime.

Your only metric for bigotry is not subscribing to whatever far left nonsense you are on in any given week.
a-lietle-golden-book-d-25-everyone-i-dont-like-is-27457453.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only metric for bigotry is not subscribing to whatever far left nonsense you are on in any given week.
If a person supports a politician who is demonstrably anti-LGBT (see my post above for how), then support for that politician is anti-LGBT. Sometimes, it's just that simple.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

For one, Trump is not my Messiah, that title belongs to Jesus the son of God. As i said earlier, im not a Trump fan, but we didnt have such big problems like this for 4 years.

I've seen on the news that there IS a particular way that it did escaped from a lab, since they are mentioning now that patient "Zero" was a lab worker from China. The West asked China to allowe them to do some testing to clarify this and China refused, wonder why.

Bush together with that Bliar guy made a whole mess of the middle east, on that one i agree. But do you honestly think that nothing would've happened if the US didn't go there? Even before that, havent you read about the training camps used in Afghanistan to attack US soil? We still would be dealing with extremist.

Trump made a coordinated deal with them, allowing the safety and retreat of citizens as other non citizens from Afghanistan. That deal is broken and they in no way will honor that deal. It could have been done in a very different way, now there are people trapped there due to Joe horrible bad decision.

We all can agree no one wanted a war, to send soldiers there but it happened sadly, and the least the US couldve done was to make the transition favorable than the whole thin can garbage we are in now. It will be coming though times, since those people have seen now how weak Biden is. I pray for the safety of the good people in the world and the people who are going to suffer badly under this whole mess overthere.

Last edited by DoubleDate,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally what does this have to do with anything we are talking about? This is desperate, even for you.

Literally what does you continually calling everyone a homophobic bigot who doesn't subscribe to your far left nonsense have to do with Biden's arming of the Taliban and humanitarian disaster in Afghanistan have to do with the topic?

Thanks for stopping your derailment.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Give up on lacisu! He's about as far left as you can possibly get. He guzzles down whatever he is fed from the media and parrots it here.

Hey lacius, care to explain what the Biden regime is doing regarding the southern border and COVID?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bi...on-for-letting-unvaccinated-migrants-into-u-s

.....or are you too busy doing mental gymnastics defending Hunter Biden and his LATEST screw up with a 2nd laptop and a Russian hooker? :)

....or too busy defending Obama and his party (with no social distancing and ignoring the CDC's guidelines for masking up even if you're vax'd)?

lacius is just a hardcore troll. NO WAY somebody can be this stupid. I mean, you can only ignore logic and reality for so long before you have to admit you're just yanking peoples chains.

PS lacius, don't think I forgot about you in the COVID thread. Working on a nice post for you! :) :) :) lulz!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one, Trump is not my Messiah, that title belongs to Jesus the son of God. As i said earlier, im not a Trump fan, but we didnt have such big problems like this for 4 years.

I've seen on the news that there IS a particular way that it did escaped from a lab, since they are mentioning now that patient "Zero" was a lab worker from China. The West asked China to allowe them to do some testing to clarify this and China refused, wonder why.

Bush together with that Bliar guy made a whole mess of the middle east, on that one i agree. But do you honestly think that nothing would've happened if the US didn't go there? Even before that, havent you read about the training camps used in Afghanistan to attack US soil? We still would be dealing with extremist.

Trump made a coordinated deal with them, allowing the safety and retreat of citizens as other non citizens from Afghanistan. That deal is broken and they in no way will honor that deal. It could have been done in a very different way, now there are people trapped there due to Joe horrible bad decision.

We all can agree no one wanted a war, to send soldiers there but it happened sadly, and the least the US couldve done was to make the transition favorable than the whole thin can garbage we are in now. It will be coming though times, since those people have seen now how weak Biden is. I pray for the safety of the good people in the world and the people who are going to suffer badly under this whole mess overthere.
Are we talking about the deal that resulted in approximately 5,000 Taliban members being freed from prison, including the man who is likely to become the new leader in Afghanistan? Oof.

Literally what does you continually calling everyone a homophobic bigot who doesn't subscribe to your far left nonsense have to do with Biden's arming of the Taliban and humanitarian disaster in Afghanistan have to do with the topic?

Thanks for stopping your derailment.
I didn't bring up LGBT people, and I didn't make the claim that a tweet in support of LGBT was at all relevant or meaningful to the conversation about Afghanistan.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Seems like the Taliban has taken over Kabul now. For them to be able to take over the country THAT quickly really shows that it was an unwinnable situation.

For the past four US presidencies, it really was playing hot potato until they fully pulled out.

Going forward, I can see how it's going to be a shit-show when it comes to extremists and destabilizing Pakistan. Also China is licking their greedy lips at the prospect of sucking up to the Taliban. But to this day, I still don't know why so many countries have wanted to take over that area.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't bring up LGBT people, and I didn't make the claim that a tweet in support of LGBT was at all relevant or meaningful to the conversation about Afghanistan.

Of course you didn't you were to busy supporting virtue signaling to realize that wreck-less antagonistic tweet from our Diplomats could lead to embassy employees being summarily executed.

*Snip!*

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Please do not post graphic content on the board

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are we talking about the deal that resulted in approximately 5,000 Taliban members being freed from prison, including the man who is likely to become the new leader in Afghanistan? Oof.

Are you forgetting the part were Trump would do anything to keep extremist away? Doesnt the name Soleimani ring a bell? He made a deal and let a few loose, but in the end he wouldve taken care of that. Wouldn't suprise me that he would do the same to the guy in charge now as he did to Soleimani. Do you honestly think that those guys would do the same thing they are doing now of Trump was still in charge? The answer is no! He Wouldn't hesistate to drone bomb the lot.

Biden is weak unfortunately and now this mistake will cost casualties and will trigger an effect telling extremist that he will not do anything.

It Isn't a day and the barbarism are starting. Public executions going on and young girls being forced to do what they want.

Tell me, during the 4 years that Trump was president, did any of this happen? We are in a big cluster soup mess, courtesy of speedy Joe. Even one of his most highest general told not to make that decision, he ignored it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you forgetting the part were Trump would do anything to keep extremist away? Doesnt the name Soleimani ring a bell? He made a deal and let a few loose, but in the end he wouldve taken care of that. Wouldn't suprise me that he would do the same to the guy in charge now as he did to Soleimani. Do you honestly think that those guys would do the same thing they are doing now of Trump was still in charge? The answer is no! He Wouldn't hesistate to drone bomb the lot.
What does this have to do with what I said about Afghanistan?

Biden is weak unfortunately and now this mistake will cost casualties and will trigger an effect telling extremist that he will not do anything.
Are you saying we should have stayed in Afghanistan forever? If 20 years of military action in Afghanistan could be undone in this small amount of time, what is the point?

Tell me, during the 4 years that Trump was president, did any of this happen? We are in a big cluster soup mess, courtesy of speedy Joe. Even one of his most highest general told not to make that decision, he ignored it.
Military action in Afghanistan increased under Trump. Drone strikes increased drastically under Trump. Civilian causalities increased under Trump. Bad deals that empowered that Taliban and in part led to what we are dealing with today happened under Trump.

Of course you didn't you were to busy supporting virtue signaling to realize that wreck-less antagonistic tweet from our Diplomats could lead to embassy employees being summarily executed.
Let me know when you can provide any evidence that the tweet was anything other than innocuous. You also seem to be arguing that the United States should stifle its values regarding civil rights. Oof.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!