• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US troops withdrawal from Afghanistan

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't pin all of it on Biden. Sure, he says "the buck ends" with him, but that doesn't mean he and his administration takes 100% the blame, it means he won't just lend the problem off to the next President after him and so he plans to let the war end during his term and not to the next future President. At the very least, he owned up to his mistakes and takes those criticisms instead of blaming it on others.

Yes, the withdrawal executed terribly, but they didn't expect Kabul to suddenly be captured within a day. They thought the Afghan troops would at least fight back and give around a month or so for more time to get US troops home and other preparations for evacuation. But instead, the Afghan troops decided to surrender and not even try to fight back as the Taliban rushed in and took it over within a day. The Afghan troops had an overwhelming number, 300,000, against less than 100,000 Taliban forces and even had better weapons, supplies, and equipment. But they practically didn't do much of anything as soon as US was about to leave and it all crumbled down.

We've also already seen reports how corrupt the Afghan government was. Pocketing money for their own selves, lying to people saying it was going well, troops not taking training seriously or even caring, etc. It was a culmination of multiple factors spanning 20 years from Bush (who started it) to Obama (not choosing to leave after OBL was taken down) to Trump (signed a terrible peace treaty without conversing with the Afghan government and even released 5000 Taliban troops some of which included the co-founder and some took part in taking over Kabul) to finally ending with Biden (was naïve and trusted too much on the Afghan government to do things well).

$2 Trillion spent throughout 20 years, 300,000 Afghan troops/policeman "trained" and given lots of weapons and supplies all of which went to waste because they surrendered so easily and readily, and many more issues that happened behind the scenes on all sides. It was an unwinnable war from the get go and it was only a matter of time that it would have come to that point.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
another Biden VICOTRY

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Congrats to Biden the most incompetent President
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1427454389959135232

Funny, because I seem to rember a certain president that had a certain report where it was found that he acted with criminal intent but exculpatory incompetence. I believe that wins the podium.

Biden could have done things better, even go back in the agreement with the Taliban, you know the one made by Trump who also is responsible for freeing a pressuring to free a lot of talibans, including Baladar - but to want to pin this all this mess on him alone is laughable at best, after everything that came from Bush to the present.

Valwinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It seems that Biden himself was moving troops around according to Jake Sullivan that's explains the chaos

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that Biden himself was moving troops around according to Jake Sullivan that's explains the chaos
https://twitter.com/MrsT106/status/1427690713748316166
hey look its a bird, its a plane... no its a random tweet of Someone Reaching!
images

Reactions: Dakitten

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure why you discuss with so much emotion about Biden this or Trump that (to the point of fanboyism)... when the system is competed broken and all these presidents are but Marionettes of the establishment wearing different coloured costumes.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you are mad that your husband Biden is collapsing but Jake Sullivan is speaking right now
haha I get it... you made a Homophobic joke in 2021! because your one of those People that still believe in a archaic notion that a persons sexuality is makes that Individual looks "weak" because they usually harbor Insecurities of Their own perceived Sexuality. NICE!

Reactions: pustal

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminder to ignore people that are trying to derail this topic. i will keep posting facts about this happening
man people tend to love deflecting when they are called out... but your right .. the facts
Here is a timeline of Events.. These are Facts.
2018 - Abdul Ghani Baradar was freed from prison at the request of the Trump administration
2020 - Abdul Ghani Baradar met with then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
2020 OCT- Donald Trump states that the US need to leave Afghanistan by Xmas 2020
2020 FEB 29, Donal Trump SIGNS agreement with the Taliban, which states that US will remove all Troops if the Taliban does not attack Americans.( no mention of not taking over Afghanistan.
2021 June- Trump admits that He created the agreement iron clad so Biden could not back out only Delay “I started the process, all the troops are coming home, they (Biden) couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. They (Biden) couldn’t stop the process, they (Biden) wanted to but couldn’t stop the process.”
2021 - Abdul Ghani Baradar is set to become the next President of Afghanistan

Reactions: pustal

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Lacius and pustal

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you need to read up on the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. It had nothing to do with Trump or any Republicans.

While the vaccines were developed during the Trump administration, the Trump administration didn't have a vaccine distribution plan. Trump had virtually no part in "trying to push for" the vaccines. Bare minimum, Trump could have televised or at least released publicly that he had been vaccinated, but he instead did it in secret, and we didn't find out he had been vaccinated until after Biden took office.

On January 6, 2021, a mob of Trump supporters violently attacked the Capitol in an attempt to overturn an election, and they were instigated by Trump's lie about election fraud. By definition, this was a failed Insurrection. Pointing to a successful insurrection doesn't change these facts.

Ooo wee, I sure do wish I knew how to make posts without "extra filler" like you.

If you would stop distracting/derailing from the Biden administrations humanitarian disaster that would be great, thanks.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would stop distracting/derailing from the Biden administrations humanitarian disaster that would be great, thanks.
I'm only responding to the points people make. I'm not the one offering distractions/derailment. I'm also not the one initiating posts directed at a single user unrelated to the topic, lol. Oof.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is off topic, but you guys got me looking at twitter now.

The Taliban is even calling out US social media now.

Too funny. Sorry if it is pretty, don't know how you embed links properly here.

https://twitter.com/MLiamMcCollum/status/1427658106054406149?s=20

https://twitter.com/i/status/1427658106054406149

The Taliban spokesman got a question about freedom of speech and he said the question should be asked to US companies like Facebook who claim to promote it while still censoring

In before Lacius is calling people islamaphobes for saying the Taliban is not sincere about their commitment to womens rights.

Reactions: BitMasterPlus

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is off topic, but you guys got me looking at twitter now.

The Taliban is even calling out US social media now.

Too funny. Sorry if it is not pretty, don't know how you embed links properly here.
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, DIDNT YOU JUST LISTEN TO JIMBO13

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Power outage