Using an Xbox live profile on an rgh console

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I have an Xbox 360 E and wanted to rgh it. The profile that I use on it is the same profile that I use on my other Xbox consoles.
Just one question, if I rgh my Xbox 360 console and never connect it to Xbox live, will my account be banned on my other consoles that are connected to Xbox live?
For example I have my account on my Series S and I will be accessing my backwards compatible saves on the Series S. Would that get me banned or will it not since my 360 will never be connected to Xbox live?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you really so tied to that profile? You can migrate saves easily enough to a new profile if you have a JTAG/RGH machine in the mix.

If the copy of the profile is made and that never leaves that xbox then OK. If you are going to transfer the profile around on USB (maybe you want to take save data from it or have trophments) then you risk things. Inherently/just because it won't do it but if your RGH was using some nice cheats or you edit the profile too much for a hacked whatever then you risk more.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you really so tied to that profile? You can migrate saves easily enough to a new profile if you have a JTAG/RGH machine in the mix.

If the copy of the profile is made and that never leaves that xbox then OK. If you are going to transfer the profile around on USB (maybe you want to take save data from it or have trophments) then you risk things. Inherently/just because it won't do it but if your RGH was using some nice cheats or you edit the profile too much for a hacked whatever then you risk.
I will make a backup of my profile in case I have to connect to Xbox live using a retail console.But I will be accessing 360 cloud saves from my Series S. Would that cause any problems?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be good if you don't sign in with the account, since some homebrew contain achievements for example. your saves--you can probably do that without worrying. resigning the saves that is. that's something that Microsoft usually doesn't see unless you modify your profile to get achievements, and even then, I don't think they'd ban the account, since it's possible to do so without a jtag/rgh. I did get caught with achievements I didn't earn, and all Microsoft did was reset my gamerscore. I don't know if it's the same now or not though.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be good if you don't sign in with the account, since some homebrew contain achievements for example. your saves--you can probably do that without worrying. resigning the saves that is. that's something that Microsoft usually doesn't see unless you modify your profile to get achievements, and even then, I don't think they'd ban the account, since it's possible to do so without a jtag/rgh. I did get caught with achievements I didn't earn, and all Microsoft did was reset my gamerscore. I don't know if it's the same now or not though.
Back when I had a 360 I received a 30 day profile ban for unearned achievements. Not sure if that was before or after you. It's quite possible they do it on a case by case basis

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What if I keep a copy of my profile on my PC and connect that one to Xbox live on a retail console. And also keep a copy of it on the RGH console. Would that get me banned?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use your main profile on an a RGH'd Xbox 360, you want to copy the profile to a usb flash drive and keep it there, do not move it from there, and copy the saves of that profile (if you want to use them) and keep there too, don't move them to the internal hdd.
Then, when you first boot the system, do NOT make the profile sign in automatically there, either on Xbox dash, Aurora, FSD etc. and do not sign in it, what you want to do is, launch the game after it starts only then you should sign in, play as much as you like. And if you want to return to the dash, Aurora or whatever, sign off first then do it.
The point is to never sign in there (and only in game) as it can write some stuff to your profile, that says this profile used or accessed homebrew software, flagging your profile the moment you sign in to Xbox Live, and whether they will ban you instantly or not if they detect that (or if they still care about 360s?) is worth considering, if it's your real/main profile we're talking about here.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when you want to achievement sync your profile, connect that usb to your stock 360 and sign in, but do not use the original one stored on the system, keep only one profile the one you're using with both, as it might create discrepancies with data/achievements etc. online..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could do another thing. I have the offline version of my profile, could I use that on the RGH and transfer the saves to that one?
I'm not sure if the xuid is the same as the profile ID. The xuid is what you need for avatar stuff. I don't know if you have to sign in to get an xuid either. What I'm getting at is whether or not the id will be the same, so doing that may be pointless. just don't sign in. Block live in family settings.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And when you want to achievement sync your profile, connect that usb to your stock 360 and sign in, but do not use the original one stored on the system, keep only one profile the one you're using with both, as it might create discrepancies with data/achievements etc. online..
So basically, NEVER sign in when using homebrew stuff, and ONLY sign in "in-game". Got it!

Reactions: CoolMe

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to use your main profile on an a RGH'd Xbox 360, you want to copy the profile to a usb flash drive and keep it there, do not move it from there, and copy the saves of that profile (if you want to use them) and keep there too, don't move them to the internal hdd.
Then, when you first boot the system, do NOT make the profile sign in automatically there, either on Xbox dash, Aurora, FSD etc. and do not sign in it, what you want to do is, launch the game after it starts only then you should sign in, play as much as you like. And if you want to return to the dash, Aurora or whatever, sign off first then do it.
The point is to never sign in there (and only in game) as it can write some stuff to your profile, that says this profile used or accessed homebrew software, flagging your profile the moment you sign in to Xbox Live, and whether they will ban you instantly or not if they detect that (or if they still care about 360s?) is worth considering, if it's your real/main profile we're talking about here.
It is my main profile, it's the one that I use on my Series S.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is my main profile, it's the one that I use on my Series S.
I recommend using an older backup of your profile if you signed in the Dash, Aurora etc. You can get all your lost achievements/trophies you earned in the RGH system, all you need to do is copy the saves (with the achievements) to the usb and keep them there, and sign in in-game and it'll start raining Achievements.😂 Good thing saves can't be affected, as long as they're in your name.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recommend using an older backup of your profile if you signed in the Dash, Aurora etc. You can get all your lost achievements/trophies you earned in the RGH system, all you need to do is copy the saves (with the achievements) to the usb and keep them there, and sign in in-game and it'll start raining Achievements.😂 Good thing saves can't be affected, as long as they're in your name.
That's exactly what I have. It's a backup of my profile before I registered it on Xbox live. It's missing about 5000 gamer Score that I earned on my Series S but it doesn't really matter.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry about it as long as you don't sign in. that's one reason I went legit with the switch onward. it's too easy to make a mistake with these consoles, and after having been banned on the ps3, I don't want to experience that again. I actually made a new account for both the ps5 and the series x, and I didn't link my nnid to my account for the switch. I don't want my actions on another console to affect another like if my account gets banned or something. you should always use a different account on each console you exploit or at least don't sign in. sony banned both my system and my account in that case, which affected my vita, pstv, and ps4, since I was using the same account, and my ps4 was legit at the time too. I don't know if microsoft would ban the account or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo